Now I know why they call it a "shakedown" cruise. Things, well... things "shake down". Total trip: 4,617 miles of which around 3,200 were in the Scamp
- Hydraulic tongue lift (remember that? Kinda at a weird angle??) got taken out by a way too tall speed bump. Got it replaced.
- Got a 3" higher ball hitch at the same time. The trailer how rides level and the bottom of the lift is 3" higher than the bottom of the hitch.
- Drain hose popped off the bottom of the shower. Crappy repair job done by someone in the past. I'll fix it with some JB Water Weld and Silicone Goop.
- Prodigy brake system reading "not connected". The trailer brakes worked fine, and I really didn't want to spend time screwing around with trying to find a U-Haul place that actually knew how to fix the controller. U-Haul Corporate kept sending us to places that didn't have a clue. I'll just bring it back to the place we got it from.
- Refrigerator door kept popping off. Temporary fix with Our Friend Mr. Duct Tape. I've got some permanent ideas on this one.
- Door to toilet/shower popped off. Piano hinge screws going into the door all pulled out. Fix will be longer screws and gorilla glue injected into the existing screw holes.
- Minor water leak at the edge of the back window. All the other windows had a bead of sealant. I'll add that to the back.
- Role-out awning legs popped out. The whole assembly is all wangy now. I haven't bothered too look at it to see what I need to do. Duct tape provided a temporary fix.
- Pipe fittings not snug. The compression fittings going into the shower leaked. Snugged up and all was OK.
- Screws popping out of various things, such as heater cover. Lock-Tite should take care of that.
Mods coming up:
- Replace all incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs. They are wending their way to me from China now.
- Install 12' LED strip light on door-side under awning. I've got the strip, but am going to wait until I get the awning fixed.
All in all it was a great trip! Even in 100+ heat the AC worked like a champ.
I'll be posting some camping reviews, pictures, and the like after I catch up on two and a half weeks of work. Those pesky customers!