share your opinions!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #21

Name: Jack
Trailer: 1972 10 ft. compact jr.
Alaska
Ok once again this thread is for people to directly share their opinions. This is what I like. This is what I don't like about my trailer. This is not to help me buy. I just bought a compact and I'm looking into moving to Oregon.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #22

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
I get you. I had a Burro 17' until recently. I liked the size, as it is wider than most. I didn't like that I had no brakes and no bathroom/shower and no LP fridge in mine. All I had was a little electric dorm fridge, and it would get warm in 3 or 4 hours of travel. So I sold the Burro and am looking for a different trailer.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:09 AM   #23

Alaska
That is exactly what I'm looking for thank you. Now others that are in the market know not to get a 17' burrow if they are going on long trips. my compact jr. Is awesome except it is kind of tough to get the lil pop top down. But that's the price you pay for having something soooo cut and cozy.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:47 AM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDonkey View Post
That is exactly what I'm looking for thank you. Now others that are in the market know not to get a 17' burrow if they are going on long trips.
Jack, that's simply not true. What it is, is about personal needs.. not brand. I know one couple that's currently on a several months long trip in a 13 foot Scamp which is much smaller than a 17 foot Burro and it too doesn't have a bathroom. They like their Scamp and are doing just fine. Others however wouldn't. So you see what opinions are worth?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #25

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDonkey View Post
That is exactly what I'm looking for thank you. Now others that are in the market know not to get a 17' burrow if they are going on long trips. my compact jr. Is awesome except it is kind of tough to get the lil pop top down. But that's the price you pay for having something soooo cut and cozy.
For some people, that 17' Burro would be ideal and they would be very happy. Not everyone needs or wants the features that I decided mattered to me. I bought the Burro with full knowledge of its limitations and decided to try it for a while, and after a couple of years decided I could afford to have more amenities. Donna has it right, it's about personal preferences. And those can change with time and circumstances.

Congratulations on your Compact Jr. From your comments, I'm guessing it must have electric brakes, a bathroom, and an LP fridge for your long trip to Oregon...... ?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #26

Alaska
Well nevermind about this thread. It was supposed to be so others could know the people here a bit better. And who knows that someone doesn't have the general preferences as the next guy. But nevermind it was just supposed to be a fun topic.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #27

Trailer: 2007 Casita
OD,

I understand you "want" opinions. But frankly your taking one opinion and making it gospel! It's not! In my opinion a Burro would be a great trailer for someone in the market if the particular Burro they are looking to purchase meets their camping needs. Just as would any other trailer they are looking to purchase. But saying that someone in the market will now know that Burro's aren't for long trips? HUH? Who stated an opinion of that? Nothing wrong with a burro on a long trip if it's the right trailer for the owner........... See that is what we are all trying to get at.............

personal preference.

I think your trying to gather "opinions" in one thread/post for future references of people in the market for a fiberglass trailer. Kind of like one stop shopping, but unfortunately the world of fiberglass travel trailers isn't Walmart. In my opinion there could never just be one/1 post with opinions on all the brands. That is why the forum has the home page with brand information. As well as there are thousands of discussions with individual opinions through out the forums.

Some great opinions here! Several being, it's about what pleases the individual owner. NOT just one owner. For Mike he found he wanted more, As Donna has pointed out, some owners don't need more.
The thing is, there isn't any one perfect trailer that will meet every persons needs.

Your looking for and I quote a "fun topic", Let me assure you, not every ones opinion is fun. You do know the old saying about opinions don't you? I appreciate what your trying to do. But think it would be better to start with a more specific question and let all the helpful members of this forum help you, in turn future fiberglass travel trailer searchers will learn from what has been posted.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #28

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Obnox's Donk'... My opinion is that everyone deserves an Escape. But then it's not everyone that wants to spend the extra $$$'s for that type of construction in their TT. They haven't been in business long enough to generate a lot of turn overs for those who can't afford new...like me. In my honest opinion we got lucky!!!
When we bought "Our Escape Hatch" I was given the opinion of one and that was "You'll have to have a pickup all the time". So now I have the best one of those too!!! But then again that's only IMHO!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 02-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #29

Alaska
Nevermind everyone I guess I will never know what other people think of their trailers. It's not a site for people to buy. Just a general opinion site is too much too ask. No. One needs to respond. I wont
Old 02-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #30

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Okay, please consider the topic,

Quote:
I want to know anybodys opinions on any trailer.
to be too confusing or too broad and I will close this thread out.

If you want to start a new one, "What do you like or dislike most and about your trailer?" I think people could get all over that. It would be fun to read. But that was not the stated topic.

Please don't be offended that we recognize the difference!

Regards,

Matt