She's Finally Home!!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Hey Everybody,
Have a brand new (to me) Casita Spirit Deluxe sitting in my driveway!!!!!
Just got her home on Saturday.
She's covered up with snow right now which we rarely get this way. My daughter and I made up the bed yesterday and played camping in the driveway!
My best friend's dad towed her home for me from Florida b/c we had snow last weekend here too and I couldn't get out of my driveway to go get her.
Tried to post a pic but it says the attachment is too large. Plugged my camera into my computer and uploaded pics like I always do. What am I doing wrong?
Can't believe I actually own an Egg. Still in shock....

joy

p.s. Saw a post for a 2008 16 foot Scamp for sale for 13 and I paid a good bit less than that for my 2007 17 foot Casita so that felt good. Mine came with an awning, vinyl flooring, a microwave, and I guess an outside shower if that's what that thing is. She looks like she has never even been used.

another p.s. Still wanting those bunks for my daughter's friends. Is it possible to add a bunk above the single bed????
joy mccalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Registry
Congrats! You're gonna love it!

Be sure to check out all the accessory and modification forums and threads on this forum and the two Casita forums (Casita Club and Casita Forum) for cool things to do to and with your new toy. I think I have seen some threads about adding bunks on one of the sites.

Be sure to hit the road as often as you can.
WtMtJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Have to reduce photo size.
Try this
http://www.reducephoto.com/
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Red face

GREAT! Congrats!

2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Oh, Joy !!! Congratulations on having your new Egg safely 'nested' in your driveway! We wish you safe journeys and many, many happy memories. Some friends will be retiring to a little town near Knoxville, so perhaps our travel paths will cross in the future. Regards, L 'n D
Old 02-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft
YAY, Joy!!! Congratulations!
Diane G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
YEAH! (though I knew it already!) I am very happy for you guys. I know I told you I thought I had seen where people had added the bunk, but I bet you can call Casita and speak to the guy in the service dept (super super nice and knowledgeable) if it's possible, they would have the parts you need to do it.

As far as picture shrinking, If you own a Pc you can do it in Paint. Right click on your pic, scroll down to OPEN IN PAINT
a new box will open with your picture in it, scroll over to IMAGE scroll down to resize/skew in the RESIZE change the values of both horizontal and vertical, change to 50% then your pic will resize, You need to scroll over to FILE and scroll down to SAVE AS, another box will open up asking you to name your new size picture. Name it with the word web, forum, etc in the name that way when you need it again you know which picture has been resized for internet/fourm uploads. But you have to SAVE AS or you will lose your orignial. Good Luck!
Attached Images

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Well hot dang, congrats. Now it time to start personalizing.
Rick in OKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #9

Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Registry
Joy, congratulations!! You picked a very nice one. Casita was for me ranking high up there as well!! Cannot wait seeing photos!! BTW, I absolutely can relate to you and your daughter playing camping on the driveway... My little one and I would do exactly the same, hihi! We just have to wait a little bit longer, until we get our house on wheels...
Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #10

Trailer: Aliner
Joy, I am thrilled for you and your daughter and your new Casita.

Can't wait to hear reports of your future trips!

And best of luck on figuring out how to get a nice bunk added. There is a lot of good how-to information available in the older posts. You might could do the mods yourself. But if not, if you can print out good pictures and instructions, I imagine you could find someone to help you with it.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #11

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Kenny D.
Congrats Joy! The fun has just started. We picked ours up last June and the winter is in our way, waiting to get back out there. Have Fun....
Kenny & Carmen
Kenny D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #12

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Fun, fun, fun!!!! That is what is down the road for you and your daughter. There is a Casita get together in Townsend around the middle of April. You could go and see all of the mods people have done and there might be a bunk bed mod. Have the best time! Terry R.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #13

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Joy,

Great news, we were worrying about what had happened.
Enjoy the trailer, great times ahead. Now go camp, camp, camp and let it teach you what you'll need to add later.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #14

Trailer: 2007 Casita Spirit Deluxe
THANKS for all the encouragement!
Sorry it took me so long to post - just got busy.
Now where is Townsend? My Spring Break is in April. Ready to start planning!

joy
joy mccalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #15

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Joy I am so excited for you and your daughter !! I know it has been a long and tiring journey but now that you have your new "baby" I am sure it all feels worth it. Congratulations on staying the course. I think the 17 footer is the absolute best choice for you & and your daughter and I think you will really be pleased that you went glass rather than stickie. My wife and I look forward to meeting you and your daughter if we end up at one of the same gatherings in the near future. Welcome aboard and now it is time to start building those memories !!! Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote