Shopping Education Opportunities - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
Name: Bert
Trailer: looking for future travel
Shopping Education Opportunities

This my first post, Ive been researching fiberglass trailers for a while now. Is there an event where manufacturers display their models in an indoor convention center so I could compare several brands side by side? We live in Ohio so something in the northeast/midwest would work best. We have a 2012 Tacoma V6, tow package, crew cab/long bed so it appears most of these trailers are within the capacity of our TV. So far Casita, Escape, or Trillium look interesting for our needs. Just my wife and I would using it and might be on the road for a month or two at a time, so a 17' or 19' would be desirable.

bk1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Most FG trailers are sold direct from the manufacturer. Your best bet is to go to a FG rally.,86.572266

UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook.
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Hi Bert, to FiberglassRV. We're glad you're here

Thomas is spot on with his advice. But, what you can do is contact the manufacturers of your desired brands. They typically have owners that are willing to show their trailers in your general area. If you can't get to a rally, that's what I'd do!

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Oswego, NY
I suspect Alf is willing to show his 5.0 Escape & I'm up to showing my Escape 17B. While neither of us are Ohio, we are closer than Chilliwack, BC!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Most of the FGRV mfrs don't set up at shows. They sell mostly by word of mouth.

If you get a chance to attend a gathering of fiberglassers at a campground, you'd enjoy it. The attendees are happy to open up their trailers and show off. You can look on this forum in the rally section to see if there's one near you anytime soon, and often you can even know before you go what brands will be represented.

Or if you prefer, the trailer mfrs have owners around the country who have already said they're glad to have folks come by and look; just call the mfr for a couple of contacts nearest you.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Name: Bert
Trailer: looking for future travel
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll be going to rally or two this year.
bk1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Bert as others suggested you can just send each company an email asking how you can see one of their trailers close to where you live. Most of them have customer referral programs where people who already own one of their trailers let you take a look at it, the manufactures will set the contact up for you just tell them where you live.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #8
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Originally Posted by bk1955 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll be going to rally or two this year.
Hi: bk1955... We are heading down to Townsend Tenn. for The Egg Camping Club rally in April. We will most likely run I75 or I77 thru Ohio. We would be glad to meet up with you if you're near enough.
Tremont Resort campground, next door to The Great Smoky Mtns. Nat. Pk., has some nice wooden cabins if you are trailerless. Last year there were over 70 fiberglass trailers there to look thru.
Escape has a couple of 5.0's nicely equiped and ready for sale. Nice trip out to BC. for picking up one. Reace at Escape Trailers deals with a great hitch shop just down the road that can fit your truck up too!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
The coast of Maine.jpg  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote