Shout out. - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #1

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Shout out.

On my last trip, down to VA beach. I was amazed at how many people gave me a shout out while walking by. "hey love your camper" however was a little taken back when they asked "how much for something like that" Only said, not cheap. When i overnight ed at Walmart, on the way back home, must have had about three people say just loved the little thing. LOL says yeah! but there in a giant 5th wheel, they arn`t buying one. Couple of thoughts. Carl

Old 09-28-2015, 02:48 PM   #2

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Unfortunately a lot of peeps, upon seeing an FGRV for the first time, equate size, age, and simplicity with price, and expect to be able to buy a used one for $1500.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:10 PM   #3

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Unfortunately a lot of peeps, upon seeing an FGRV for the first time, equate size, age, and simplicity with price, and expect to be able to buy a used one for $1500.

True, and they often go with a stickie, considering only price and not resale value. Try selling that stick built trailer in about 5-7 years and you'll get a crash course in what trailers are really worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 09-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
I have not heard it, but the most frequent comment/question seems to be other camping kids asking my kid "does it have a bathroom?" I suspect the other kids overheard their parents speculating about the inside of the Scamp.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:06 PM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
It really surprises people when we tell people our Scamp 16 is 24 years old, our son's Scamp 13 is 36 years old.

It would probably sell for more than it's original purchase price.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:26 PM   #6

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
True, and they often go with a stickie, considering only price and not resale value. Try selling that stick built trailer in about 5-7 years and you'll get a crash course in what trailers are really worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
A friend of ours bought a new 32ft 5th wheel in 2008 for$34 K
When he traded it in on a another new 5th wheel in 2014 he got $9K for the trailer.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:11 PM   #7

Name: Monte
Trailer: Perris Pacer
California
Registry
My Buddy and I went diving in Northern California at Ocean Cove camp ground last weekend and I was amazed how many people wanted to check out my 13 foot Casita! It was fun showing people how much space it had! I think there is almost a cult following for these trailers! :- }
Old 10-02-2015, 10:55 PM   #8

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
When I had my Ventura, caught one guy in a Canadian Tire parking lot, laying down to look under it. I had a 4" pvc pipe strapped to the frame to hold the awning poles. He was checking to see if it had a bathroom. I gave him the nickel tour.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:43 AM   #9

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Pa View Post
On my last trip, down to VA beach. I was amazed at how many people gave me a shout out while walking by. "hey love your camper" however was a little taken back when they asked "how much for something like that" Only said, not cheap. When i overnight ed at Walmart, on the way back home, must have had about three people say just loved the little thing. LOL says yeah! but there in a giant 5th wheel, they arn`t buying one. Couple of thoughts. Carl
Hi: Carl Pa... Here's a pic where size counts. We had people chase us down to have a look at our trailer... I bet they didn't!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1040198.jpg  
Old 10-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #10

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I get purchase offers on my Burro all the time. Whenever I leave it someplace for service, invariably people see it and ask the service place how they can buy it. I've had offers of cash on the spot in parking lots. And more than once people have followed me off interstate exits to gas stations so they can get a closer look.

Couple of months ago, I took it to camp in the night before doing an ultramarathon. Driving back home the next day after the race I was super super tired, and stopped at a shopping center parking lot to sleep for an hour, just right there in the car drivers seat. I woke up to hear a couple arguing with each other, which was weird because I was in a really empty section of the lot, why did somebody come over there just to argue with each other?? I woke up more and realized they were arguing over whether or not to wake me up, find out what that thing is, and see if I would let them see inside. Unreal. I rolled my window down and informed them that no, they should not wake me up at this time and no, it's not a good time for a tour.

I am normally cheerful and accommodating about telling people about my trailer and letting them look inside, but holy crap that was annoying.