Show Us Your Rigs - Page 38 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #519

Trailer: Casita
OH SORRY. I guess I was trying to save time by copying and pasting what I posted on Casitaforum.com So now when you click on the photo, it's taking you over to THAT website. Hmmmm....if you're a member of casitaforum...you can enlarge them in that forum. It's under the group of comments titled Photos...

Old 07-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #520

Trailer: Casita
I'm going to repost the painting here directly from our computer. THEN you should be able to enlarge by clicking on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Little House painting.jpg  

Old 08-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #521

Name: Bill
Trailer: in the market
Ohio
is your astro a 6cyl ?
Old 08-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #522
LLN

Name: Linda
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft 2010
Pennsylvania
Registry
2010 Scamp 13ft at the factory in Backus, MN. Two Golden Retrievers manage the rig and call the stops on the trail.
Attached Thumbnails
2010aaScamp.jpg  
Old 08-05-2011, 04:56 AM   #523

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Here's "Our Escape Hatch" and new tug escaping the heat wave.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
party at the beach.jpg   aaah!!!.jpg  

Old 08-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #524

Name: Maggie
Trailer: 1978 Boler 13'
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: All... Here's "Our Escape Hatch" and new tug escaping the heat wave.
Were you camping at Presquile Provincial park this past weekend?!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #525

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha_gurl View Post
Were you camping at Presquile Provincial park this past weekend?!
Hi: Yamaha_gurl...No!!! We did pass thru the area Aug. 5th. on our way to Ottawa then Mississippi Lk. near Carlton Place tho. We did see a Boler(was that you?) being tugged on the road and a Trillium in a rest area parking lot!!! There are two other 5.0's in Ont. and one lives close to Presquile P. Pk.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #526

Name: Laura
Trailer: Winnebago
Iowa
Scamp trailer picked up with a Jeep

Hi LLN: We were at the Scamp plant this week looking at the trailers. It looks like you are pulling your Scamp with a 4 door Jeep. We also have a 4 door, and are curious to know how the trailer is pulling. What size motor do you have? We were thinking about getting a 16 foot, but from everything we are reading about weight and jeeps, we are now thinking about the 13 foot. Also wanted to know if that is a custom Scamp?
Thanks
Laura June
Old 08-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #527
LLN

Name: Linda
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft 2010
Pennsylvania
Registry
Hi Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura June View Post
Hi LLN: We were at the Scamp plant this week looking at the trailers. It looks like you are pulling your Scamp with a 4 door Jeep. We also have a 4 door, and are curious to know how the trailer is pulling. What size motor do you have? We were thinking about getting a 16 foot, but from everything we are reading about weight and jeeps, we are now thinking about the 13 foot. Also wanted to know if that is a custom Scamp?
Thanks
Laura June
I too drove to Backus, MN to pickup my Scamp and really enjoyed the experience with all the great people there. I chose the 13ft just so I could handle it better/I have never towed anything. I have a tight turn to access parking behind my house and needed helper plus a harbor freight trolly to get it in. My Jeep salesman said I would be able to tow the 16ft, but I decided for me and the Golden's that 13 was just easier. From Backus to central PA, the Scamp tracked well behind the jeep. I needed extension mirrors to see behind us, but I managed to figure it out without them. The 13ft is not a delux, but I did add a/c (travel to Ariz), extra electrical outlet interior (computer/photography), the bathroom, awning, electric brakes, and some reading lights/cabinets come with. Everybody loves the little Scamp. I still haven't traveled/camped with it yet, but about to do that. I just lack the experience, why I stay tuned to this great web site for all the advice and information I can gather. I had a little trouble with a sagging jeep rear when the trailer is hooked up. It may be the shocks on the rubicon model, I do not know. It does bring in to question just how heavy is the tongue with a bathroom up front. I have a boat-load of recommendations, but not really a good solution. The Jeep will work. I just made a different tow veh decision very recently traded for a Tacoma, dbl cab, tow pkg and 4WD pkg. I plan to travel to the West most of the time and have to deal with Montana winds and the mountains to Arizona. Hopefully, this TV will do well. I wish you great success with your new trailer, you will really enjoy it.

Linda
Old 08-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #528

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
I too drove to Backus, MN to pickup my Scamp and really enjoyed the experience with all the great people there. I chose the 13ft just so I could handle it better/I have never towed anything. I have a tight turn to access parking behind my house and needed helper plus a harbor freight trolly to get it in. My Jeep salesman said I would be able to tow the 16ft, but I decided for me and the Golden's that 13 was just easier. From Backus to central PA, the Scamp tracked well behind the jeep. I needed extension mirrors to see behind us, but I managed to figure it out without them. The 13ft is not a delux, but I did add a/c (travel to Ariz), extra electrical outlet interior (computer/photography), the bathroom, awning, electric brakes, and some reading lights/cabinets come with. Everybody loves the little Scamp. I still haven't traveled/camped with it yet, but about to do that. I just lack the experience, why I stay tuned to this great web site for all the advice and information I can gather. I had a little trouble with a sagging jeep rear when the trailer is hooked up. It may be the shocks on the rubicon model, I do not know. It does bring in to question just how heavy is the tongue with a bathroom up front. I have a boat-load of recommendations, but not really a good solution. The Jeep will work. I just made a different tow veh decision very recently traded for a Tacoma, dbl cab, tow pkg and 4WD pkg. I plan to travel to the West most of the time and have to deal with Montana winds and the mountains to Arizona. Hopefully, this TV will do well. I wish you great success with your new trailer, you will really enjoy it.

Linda
There is another thread with pictures about towing with Jeeps here
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...eep-48048.html
Old 08-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #529

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Without the bathroom in front, a 13 is too tongue-heavy, in my opinion. With a bathroom, it is much worse. If possible, pack your gear in the rear to help balance it out. This will be easier on the tow vehicle, will improve handling, and will make it less likely to crack the frame of Scamp or cause damage to the coupler, hitch or other items.

Keep enough weight on the tongue to keep it stable -- about 10% of trailer weight is fine, unless you plan on towing at 80 MPH or higher... Which you shouldn't do, of course. In some countries (let's keep the anti-European sentiment out of this, please), it is normal to have only 4 or 5% tongue weight, but they also tow a lot slower than we do in the US. I like my tongue weight a little less than 10%, but I do drive slower.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #530

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita Spirit Delux
Virginia
Registry
Our Spirit Delux Casita

Our "get -away" equipment
Attached Thumbnails
OUR First 018.jpg  
Old 08-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #531

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
where is the camp location? is that water I see behind you?
Old 08-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #532

Name: Tom
Trailer: Casita Spirit Delux
Virginia
Registry
The camp is located at Gatewood Reservoir in southwest Virginia.