Shower Tent - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #15

Name: Georgana
Trailer: 1996 16 ft Scamp and 1990 16 ft Scamp
Pennsylvania
We have the Cabella's and I have to agree that if you are taller you will have to either stoop or sit on something. You positively will have to be aware of the sun's position.
We've used ours for about 3 years now at Creation Festival and learned not to be x-rated by attaching a tarp around the outside supports!

Old 12-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #16

Name: April
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
Oregon
I just ordered the Ozark Trail Shower Room from walmart.com. They also had some mens and womens thermal long sleeve shirts in the clearance section for $2 and $3 ea. so I got a few of those too. I will post after I get a chance to set it up and see how it goes. We have a 5 gal. solar shower, I will also see how well it supports a full bag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0072700112179_500X500.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	17300

Old 12-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #17

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
be sure that where ever you are using out door showers that it is OK to dump grey water. else you COULD end up with a ticket.
Good point, but it's almost one of those "better not ask if you can't stand the answer" questions sometimes. I'm sure you're correct, and there are certainly places where I would not put up a shower tent; on the other hand, it seems like we should get a few points for using camp suds to take a 2 gallon shower vs pitching gray water from our cooking and dish cleaning into the brush nearby. Some RVs even come with built in external showers. I guess gray water is gray water and rules is rules.

Parker
Old 12-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #18

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Boler and 1980 Trillium 5500
We bought the trekker model from Cabelas and hang a solar shower in it - it works great. I also found that it is a great temporary shelter for folding chairs and other items when it rains - very handy to have a place out of the rain to stow that stuff. Here's a link:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

Al

Old 12-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #19

Oregon
I got our shower tent today! It took me about 15 mins. to set it up for the first time, I expect the next time around will go a little quicker now that I have done it.

Name:	IMG_0807.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	17344

I filled a 5 gallon solar shower about 3/4 full and it does support the weight, but the shower hangs a little low, so washing your hair would be tricky if you use the solar shower, and it is a bit tricky to get it hung up above your head without another person to help. It isn't quite as roomy as the more expensive ones look, you have about 4 sq.ft. inside. The soar shower hangs dead center so you will have a cozy shower with the bag hanging like that, it's a good thing we found that hand pump shower. It is nice and tall, 7ft, and it has a screen window you can open for extra ventilation or to see out, or keep closed if you want extra privacy. Also has 2 adjustable straps with clips to hang a towel or clothing from and several mesh pouches up high.

Name:	IMG_0816.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	17346

The floor is solid, but has mesh around 3 sides along the edges to allow drainage. It was a snap to take down and fits in the bag nicely after being unfolded.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0808.JPG  
Old 12-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #20

Oregon

Name:	IMG_0813.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	17347

without the rain fly

Name:	IMG_0815.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	17348

with rain fly

I would say this looks like a good product for $37 (wally) the poles have chains running through them instead of bungee cord. I have put together many a cheap tent, and this one is fairly well constructed IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0814.JPG  
Old 12-30-2008, 05:47 PM   #21

Name: Daniel
Trailer: '74 Trillium 1300
-
Quote:
I got our shower tent today! It took me about 15 mins. to set it up for the first time, I expect the next time around will go a little quicker now that I have done it.
Hi April,

Thanks for the great report.

Sure looks like a lot of trouble to set up, though. Think one would eventually be able to put one up in less than, say, two minutes (my patience threshold with tents)?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:35 PM   #22

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Looks like if one got on their knees the hair would be no issue...

Same setup we have but haven't set it up yet. Thanks for the photos April.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #23

Oregon
It is actually quite simple, and only took me so long the first time because I like to make sure I understand how it works before I start putting things together. It has 4 poles that slide through a short sleeve and plug into a 4 way receiver at the top of the tent. then you just clip the sides on to the pole and plug in the pin at the bottom, very easy and it wasn't difficult for one person to do alone. I am guessing my next attempt will take no longer than 5 mins. to complete.

I am hoping we will only need to use the shower tent once in a while, as many of the camping grounds have some kind of facilities.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #24

Name: Daniel
Trailer: '74 Trillium 1300
-
Just came across this new pop-up shower tent model which looks sturdier than the Outback one. Has anyone seen it?

Trekker Fold-A-Privy

I might give it at try (if I can source one in Canada, that is).
Old 02-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Just came across this new pop-up shower tent model which looks sturdier than the Outback one. Has anyone seen it?

Trekker Fold-A-Privy

I might give it at try (if I can source one in Canada, that is).
We have a small screen room made that way. You take it out of the bag, begin to unfold it, and mostly just let go of it while it pops into shape. Getting it properly twisted and re-folded takes some practice, so I strongly encourage you to try it a few times at home before venturing out with it.

I seriously doubt that it would hold the weight of a solar bag in the top without collapsing, but for all those using the various external reservoir tanks, it would probably work great.

Parker

Old 02-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #26

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
(if I can source one in Canada, that is).
We picked one up at Sears in Canada, similar to Aprils. Might be worth checking out come spring. Got it at 50-60% off too!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #27

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi April - looks and sounds like a good choice. Thanx for posting info & pics.

We have a similar "privacy room" (the brand name escapes me; think it came from Cabela's but no longer shows on their website) and we love it. Assembly sounds similar, but the flexible frame is not study enough to support the weight of a solar shower bag. We took a page from Gina's book and use a Coleman battery-operated hand-held shower with a pot of water heated on the camp stove - works great. Nor does it have a floor, which we consider a plus, as we use the tub all the shower 'stuff' travels in to stand in as we shower. We dispose of the grey water according to the extant rules of our camping spot.

Wishing you nice hot showers, safe journeys and many, many happy memories. Take care, L 'n D