Showering in your Egg? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-06-2015, 06:58 PM   #15

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
We use a facecloth, with good old soap and warm water, and rinse with clean warm water. Can be disposed of on vegetation. Very little cost and waste, and we feel WAY cleaner than you could ever get with wipes.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:31 AM   #16

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
We use a facecloth, with good old soap and warm water, and rinse with clean warm water. Can be disposed of on vegetation. Very little cost and waste, and we feel WAY cleaner than you could ever get with wipes.

I agree, Jim. After a few times you get your routine down. If it's inside I'm careful not to splash. If it's outside I go nuts. If the weather is good I use a watering can outside sometimes. But even if you are conserving water you could get real clean and rinse with the facecloth routine with just a couple a quarts total.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 12-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #17

British Columbia
Registry
Which reminds me why I don't like using campground showers. Every time I do I end up with athletes foot. Any suggestions to prevent that?

Old 12-07-2015, 07:46 AM   #18

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Flip flops.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:22 AM   #19

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Agree! I'd never use any public shower without them. Cheap ones from the dollar store, and only for the shower. I keep them in a plastic grocery bag in my shower tote.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #20

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves99 View Post
Which reminds me why I don't like using campground showers. Every time I do I end up with athletes foot. Any suggestions to prevent that?
I dislike flop flops, as they always seem to be twisting and turning under me particularly when wet (like in a shower). Also, the part about something between my toes kind of creeps me out. As a result, I use a cheap pair of Crock knock-offs ($8, WalMart). I wear them to and from the bath house and dry my feet thoroughly when I return to the trailer. Sometimes I just wipe my feet on my shaggy Australian Shepard dog, after all she is laying right there on the floor and loves the attention (kidding).
Old 12-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #21

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
That works too. Even water shoes would work. Anything to keep you feet off that well used shower floor.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #22

British Columbia
Registry
Ah, I always thought that the little fungi would get onto my feet from the water splashing off the floor whether I wore flip flops (or crocks) or not. Has anybody tried rubbing vinegar between their toes after a shower as a sort of prophylactic?

Old 12-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #23

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
I have never contracted any kind of fungal infection from a campground shower. I always wear shower shoes of some sort, wash and rinse my feet well (last) and dry them thoroughly.

If the shower looks real bad, I keep a can of Tinactin spray in my trailer for a "Just in Case" spray when I get back to the trailer. I think I have used that 2-3 times in the past several years.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #24

Alberta
Registry
I have always work sandals to the showers, and bare feet in the shower. Never had an issue. I do wash my feet with soap last before getting out.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #25

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Teva's work great for me. Wear them to, from, and in the shower.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #26

Alberta
Registry
I can't understand the reasoning behind wearing any kind of shoe in the shower. Do you not have to take them off to scrub your feet anyway?

I shower at the gym 2-3 times a week, and rarely do you see someone with shoes going to the showers. I use campground showers when available, and have never even considered shoes inside the shower before.

If you wash your feet, there is no chance of getting anything bad growing on them, no?
Old 12-07-2015, 08:26 PM   #27

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1978 Scamp 13'
Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
I can't understand the reasoning behind wearing any kind of shoe in the shower. Do you not have to take them off to scrub your feet anyway?

I shower at the gym 2-3 times a week, and rarely do you see someone with shoes going to the showers. I use campground showers when available, and have never even considered shoes inside the shower before.

If you wash your feet, there is no chance of getting anything bad growing on them, no?
Ha! Jim, it might just be the sight of the dirty showers in many Federal and State showers, the makes me want to wear my old Marine combat boots in those showers!

Seriously, I REALLY hate touching my bare feet to public shower floors! And, nothing would entice me to get into a Gym's Hot-tub or Spa!

Bill
Old 12-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #28

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Quote:

No? No...
Here are a few links concerning avoiding staph, fungal infections (and MERSA as well) in public showers,

You’d Better Wear Flip Flops if You’re Showering in a Dorm - Health - Boston.com

Flip-Flops in a Public Shower—Helpful or All Hype?