sick of snow - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #15

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We got 8 to 10" of fresh snow last night . The blanket of snow is really pretty and tranquil. I like winter and cannot vision myself living in an area without real winter. Six months of winter makes the other seasons more precious. Heading out to shovel off the roof and driveway .My grandkids gave me a new snow shovel for Christmas with my name on it.
Feeling you need to have winter to make spring better is very, well almost religious.

I used to have this smart young engineer working for me. When he bought himself a candy bar he would not eat it until he had gone home and washed the windows or cleaned the bathroom or whatever. To appreciate the good, or maybe to be deserving of the good, he had to do a little penance.

Of course, there's meant to be some humor in this...

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:13 PM   #16

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Feeling you need to have winter to make spring better is very, well almost religious.

I used to have this smart young engineer working for me. When he bought himself a candy bar he would not eat it until he had gone home and washed the windows or cleaned the bathroom or whatever. To appreciate the good, or maybe to be deserving of the good, he had to do a little penance.

Of course, there's meant to be some humor in this...
Thank you , I have been called / described as many things in my life but never religious . Lent will soon be here and I will be doing penance , so I need to figure out what I will give up for Lent.
Maybe candy bars ? I like shoveling snow and I doubt I will give that up for Lent.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:14 PM   #17

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
I do have a definite need for spring. When the warm weather comes then I can take off the knee brace and the wrist strap and walk like a normal guy. Maybe in late April or May I can put away the support cane and say thank you, thank you, amen so.....Maybe it is a religious thing ? I know that the arthritis has to be the devils work.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 02-06-2016, 10:54 PM   #18

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Winter this years is kind of upside down. in Edmonton, Alberta today, we hit +8c or about 46F. I have about 4-5" of snow in the backyard. Its more like April up here but we may pay for it yet. Hope it doesn't turn into a drought, we could use the water. Some of the lakes are pretty low. Suppose to be above freezing for the next week or so which should be the end of snow on the ground. No snow at all on the Casita.

Crazy!