Side benefit of owning a trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-09-2008, 06:33 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
It's hot down here! This evening after supper, I began to notice that the AC fan in the house was constantly running, but the temperature in the house seemed a bit on the warm side... checked a register and the air coming out was not cool... checked the condensing unit outside and it wasn't running... noticed an unusual smell from the unit like a blown capacitor... yep, the cap is toast! Am I happy that I wired up a 30 amp breaker and socket for the Casita! Looks like I'm camping in the driveway tonight.
Randy Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #2

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Quote:
It's hot down here! This evening after supper, I began to notice that the AC fan in the house was constantly running, but the temperature in the house seemed a bit on the warm side... checked a register and the air coming out was not cool... checked the condensing unit outside and it wasn't running... noticed an unusual smell from the unit like a blown capacitor... yep, the cap is toast! Am I happy that I wired up a 30 amp breaker and socket for the Casita! Looks like I'm camping in the driveway tonight.
Hey Randy! You found the coolest place in Leland, no doubt. And I even know where Leland is...I used to live in Meridian and my Folks used to live around Union and Neshoba.
Sorry about the blown cap, you ain't workin' on it tonite, so enjoy the cool in yer Casita.

ConwayBob
Old 07-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #3

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
Isn't it great to have optional living quarters when something like that happens? I have a friend who has a horse trailer with living quarters. We had an ice storm & his power was knocked out for a week. It wasn't until after his power was restored that he realized he could have stayed in the trailer & been warm instead of freezing in the house with only a fireplace for heating & cooking! I bet he'll remember next time.
Sandra
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:02 PM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I have done this several times.. in both winter and summer.

My rig is in a campground now for the summer, so I don't have the cooling option this year.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote