Sightings! - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2006, 08:35 PM   #181

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
David & Leslie ,
A lot of people take 140 from Winnemucca to Oreegone ( Oregon)
If you ever see me and honk& wave I will do it back to you.
I always like reading your post about Your trips , as soon as my wife retires ( three more years ) than we hope to go more. Have a great summer . Jay
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #182

Friday, August 4: 9AM Southbound I-15 near Lone Pine CA: Bigfoot 17' (?). (We were northbound. My husband was navigator at the time and he only saw it as it passed us. All I saw was the profile and a white tow vehicle.)

Friday, August 4: 6:30 PM Southbound I-15 (at the I-15/I-215 split): "Classic Beige Boler". I was southbound in traffic (read: stopped ) You were moving nicely and had out-of-state (Alabama or some non-Arizona "A" state) plates. Once again, I didn't see the tow vehicle.

We had no trailer at the time, as we were doing a lighting run to find a rare bird in Keough Springs. Didn't find the bird, but the site and the hot springs are worth mentioning (say, as an on-the-way overnight on the way to Death Valley in the spring). Very nice people, too.

Happy and safe trails.

Marian
marian a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:33 PM   #183

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Spotted a 16' Scamp towed by a Silver Jeep Cherokee. You were heading west on HWY 20 in Sweet Home at about 10:30am.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #184

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Sat 8/5 - Interstate 80 WB:

Noon - 16ft Casita tugged by silver pickup with topper, Nightingale Hot Springs area east of Reno, NV ...

1:30-ish - 13ft Scamp with dark colored tug, just west of Lovelock, NV ...

Were you heading to Reno for Hot August Nights festivities? We LOVE seeing other FGRV's on the road L 'n D
Old 08-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #185

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Jay - we enjoy reading your posts, too! Hooray for more travel when you are both retired.

We are in the final stages of selling our place to travel full-time in our Scamp. There is so much awesome beauty to see and so many undiscovered gems around the USofA, we are soooooooo looking forward to this stage in our lives. Before, at the end of each trip, D would look around and say "Tell me again why we have to go home?" Now, we will be 'home' wherever we're parked - YES!!! Take care & we look forward to seeing ya down the road in the future ... and yep, we'll be honking & waving! L 'n D
Old 08-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #186

L & D,
"full timing" that is great
I wish my wife would go full timing at least for a while, no she wants a small home ( a mobile in a senior park OK with me ) than we will take extend trips two to three months at a time.
Good luck on selling your place and enjoy your travels, but keep us updated, see you down the road. Jay
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #187

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I saw a 13ft Boler today in Grande Cache Alberta at Fas Gas filling station.Time 125pm.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #188

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Today, on Mount Desert Island, ME, at the Exxon off of Rt. 102 just North of Bass Harbor, was a 16' Scamp being pulled by a full-sized RWD Buick wagon. Sometime around 1:30 PM - I'm not sure, I'm on "vacation time"!

First egg I've seen on our vacation so far.
Lee Hillsgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #189

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
I was thrilled to see a Scamp being towed through Coos Bay, Oregon... I followed it and discovered that it was Joy, fresh from her Alaskan adventure! Welcome back to the lower 48!

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #190

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Maybe we saw Joy too, in Roseburg Oregon we saw a scamp going the other way we were. Maybe it wasn't, but at least we saw a scamp.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #191

Trailer: 13 ft 1975 Boler
Hi everyone!
My daughter and I had a great deal of fun doing egg sightings on our holiday in July. We recorded the following sightings:
July 5th a White Casita pulled by a grey truck in Fredrick Co. fueling up at a Conaco station
July 7th White Boler in the community of Lakewood in Denver Co.
July 8th We spotted a 17 foot egg but didn't get the brand in Doulglas Wyoming
July 9th We spotted a White Scamp pulled by a Toyota Tundra also in Douglas.

One amazing sighting that we had was when we were at Crazy Horse we met the movie actor Vince Vaughn I know he is not an egg but he was a good sighting.

The trip was great and I will post some pics once they are developed. People were very curious about my 1975 Boler especially at the KOA at Rushmore when it was parked between a couple of RVs that cost more than my house it was quite the sight.

Safe and happy travels everyone!!
Wendy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:49 PM   #192

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
While returning with the boy from 5 days at Samuel du Champlain, a Cadet at the first set of lights in North Bay about 1330 hours today, going either west or north. On Monday the 7th a 13 foot Trillium headed west just east of the Corbeil turnoff on Highway 17. We'll be off to Inverhuron on Lake Huron Monday for 5 nights. Wife's first trip in the Trill, WhoooooooooHooooooooo Then back to Samuel Du with both boys and a non electrical to try the solar for 5 nights.
Paddy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #193

Trailer: Trillium
Quote:
We saw a Casita couple from Florida up in Scotch Creek BC. I approached the driver on my bicycle and asked "Have you heard of the Fiberglass RV Board?" and based on the look on his face I think what he heard was "give me your wallet!" Anyway if you're reading this I'm sorry if I frightened you! I hope you had a nice trip following our encounter.
ha ha! Similar thing happened to us. We just returned from a trip to Drumheller Alberta and I waved at a guy at a gas station who was also pulling a Trillium. He looked at us like we were [b]crazy ! My husband thought he looked like an oil fields worker and might not have been 'holidaying' like us! ps- Royal Tyrrell (Dinosaur) museum is awesome, but go in Spring or Fall unless you like lots of kids hopped up on dinosaurs!!!
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:01 PM   #194

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
On our way home today, we spotted a neglected-looking Cadet in somone's yard on Route 2 between Gorham and Jefferson, NH. Looks like someone needs to give it a loving home. There wasn't a For Sale sign on it, so I don't know if they would part with it or not.

I'll be up that way again next weekend, maybe I'll stop and ask.
Lee Hillsgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:31 PM   #195

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We saw a 13 ft scamp in the same situation, flat tires, junk around it, looking sad, while we were out bike riding right here in southern Oregon. No for sale sign but who knows.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:28 AM   #196

Trailer: 2007 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to cathys
we very rarely see a scamp or casita in st louis & happened to see a casita going east on I-270 friday august 4 about 5 pm, was it anybody here??
cathys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:35 PM   #197

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Today, a 1:44 pm, on NC74 near Sylva NC, we saw a PlayPac headed west. My wife spotted it and realized it was a fiberglass RV. "What's that?" Took me a second to figure out which one it was. I think the tow vehicle was a car, but I only got a glimpse.

It was the only fiberglass RV we saw on the entire trip!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:38 AM   #198

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Spotted a Burro yesterday (Friday) on hiway 4 going into Calaveras Big Trees SP above Arnold, CA.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:43 AM   #199

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
We saw this Trillium (?)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_.500_1830.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	4683

Aug 24th at the Grayland Beach State Park in WA in one of the sites on the dunes,we were camped inland a little further in the woods, it was early when I snapped the pic so no one out and about---was it you?
Kenny&Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:22 AM   #200

Trailer: 1982 13 ft Burro
Yesterday evening 8/26, seen a green pickup with white top pulling a 16' Casita. This was west on I-90 and it was taking the highway 18 exit heading west. Did you see me wave like a crazy person?
Ken & Sherry B. is offline   Reply With Quote