Sightings! - Page 110 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #2181

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Talking

Well now that i know some people are actually basing their view of existence on being in the sightings thread i will do my best to post all that i see out in our Costco parking lot here on the coast...and we do get LOTS of them from Memorial Day through Labor Day!

AND...if you do visit? Be sure to say hello!.. ask for Cari (my wife & usually a door greeter), or me by name ... (i'm usually in the office or at times helping as a cashier when it gets crazy!)

happy trails,
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #2182

Name: David
Trailer: Own a 2013 BF 21 foot.
California
Scamp

Let's see if this upload works. I saw this little trailer at the world famous Slab City. Spent two months there but never saw anyone around the Scamp. As you can see the right wheel has been removed and cable attached so the thing won't walk away.

David
socal
Attached Images

lifermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #2183

Name: Ashley
Trailer: 1986 Uhaul CT
Utah
Took our Uhaul on it's debut camping trip last night... A whole 10 miles from home! It was the first time for us ever using a trailer for camping, and first time taking our 9 month old along. Didn't want to be too adventurous quite yet

As soon as we pulled in, my husband got excited and yells, "look, a Scamp!" It wasn't a Scamp, but it was a brand new Casita! We've never seen a small fiberglass trailer besides our own, so it was exciting for us the owners were very nice and let us take a tour. They had just sold their '95 scamp 16' and purchased this brand new from Texas three weeks ago. They were taking their sweet time getting home towed with a 6cyl Rav4

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1564551430.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	57413
Tuanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #2184

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Saw a Trillium 1300 on the 400 north today around 11:30 am -1230 pm being pulled by a Toyota Sedan, couldn't get a picture as I was driving, but I remember a dark Toyota Sedan, and a cream top and pinkish red bottom with some kind of pole hangar or something on the back of the Trillium

Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #2185

Name: Will
Trailer: '73 Trillium 1300
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe MacDonald View Post
Saw a Trillium 1300 on the 400 north today around 11:30 am -1230 pm being pulled by a Toyota Sedan, couldn't get a picture as I was driving, but I remember a dark Toyota Sedan, and a cream top and pinkish red bottom with some kind of pole hangar or something on the back of the Trillium

Joe
You mean like this?
Attached Thumbnails
image-1947398959.jpg  
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #2186

Name: Will
Trailer: '73 Trillium 1300
Manitoba
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4154868012.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	57424
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #2187

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Nope, the toyota was definitely a sedan, not a minivan, and the trillium had a maxair hood over the vent
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #2188

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
Saw 4 Casitas on this weekend trip to Charleston. First one was sighted Friday afternoon headed West on I-20 approaching Augusta GA, and the TV had 2 kayaks on top. We were headed East in our Scamp pulled by our Subaru.
Second two were camped at the Buck Hall recreation Area just North of Charleston SC. One of those belonged to P@ who is the camp host there right now, and the other was a friend of P@'s who recently purchased his Casita from another forum member.
Last night when we returned to our campsite there was another Casita camping at Buck Hall pulled by a Dodge Dakota, but we never did catch the owners out and about.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #2189

Name: Dan
Trailer: Casita 17' Liberty Deluxe
Utah
Cruising thru the Devils Garden campground yesterday - 4/13. Spotted a Casita with Washington tags. TV was a blue, small SUV. No one home so I left a note. We're at a payground on the north end of Moab as no sites were avail at Arches or Dead Horse Point.

DanO
Old 04-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #2190

Name: Harvey
Trailer: '84 Scamp 13' & 2001 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Arkansas
Saw this one yesterday at the Lowes store in Bryant, AR just before noon. They were parked at the end of the parking lot but had gone before I was able to conduct my business & go over there. Since the boat trailer & Casita both have Arkansas tags I assume he's local (at least an Arkie ) & headed for the lake. This kind of tandem towing is quite common (& legal) here but I might hesitate to try that rig. His boat is identical to mine ('cept I have a little larger outboard) & probably weighs close to what the Casita does?? Anyhow, it's the first I've seen locally except for a Scamp (or Boler) parked in a driveway near our home & a Trillium 4500 in a storage facility nearby...
Attached Thumbnails
2013-04-20_11-48-23_17 - Copy.jpg  
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #2191

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
It would be interesting to hear what Casita has to say about that arrangement- can't find any "specs" related to the towing capacity of the trailer!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #2192

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
It would be interesting to hear what Casita has to say about that arrangement- can't find any "specs" related to the towing capacity of the trailer!

Francesca
We rednecks like to live life loose and free...............ROFL
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #2193

Name: Harvey
Trailer: '84 Scamp 13' & 2001 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Arkansas
Quote:

Francesca
Whatever Casita has to say, I'd be reluctant to criticize 'tandem' tow if the hitch was rigged correctly & the weight relationship between the TV & the 1st & 2nd trailer was 'balanced'. This post probably isn't the right place to discuss it but he has a full size truck, & the 16/17' Casita probably has brakes as a factory item. Even with my original pic I'm unable to determine exactly how his 'hitch' is rigged on the Casita. It appears to be some kind of hitch bolted to or under the Casita rear bumper with a ball mount rising several inches to accommodate/level the boat trailer coupler. If the bumper is strong enough & is correctly fastened to the chassis of the Casita & if the boat/trailer combo weight is significantly less than the Casita, he's probably safe enough for short trips to/from local lakes. Yeah, I know that's a lotta 'ifs' & I doubt the entire rig is more'n a couple of years old so he may have it set-up exactly for such towing.

A few years ago (weelll, more'n a few, mid 1980's), I towed an 18.5' stick built camper (3500lbs +) and a small aluminum fishing boat/trailer combo (about 1500lbs total) to/from a 'local' lake, maybe 60-70mi. Had no problems but it required such total concentration & attention for every mile (some on 2-lane country roads) that after a couple of such trips I decided my peace of mind was worth making 2 complete trips to & from the lake each time we went. My rig was well balanced & I had confidence in it but just wasn't 'comfortable' enough with the 'tandem tow' to continue the practice. I still see lotsa folks doing the same but I'll pass...
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #2194

Registry
Sure, the Casita has brakes- but I doubt that they're set up to stop another 2,000 pounds or so. But maybe the boat trailer has brakes, too. I'd sure want them at the last car in the "train"...

Thanks for posting the pic- it never occurred to me before that those shopping for trailers who come across one with a bumper hitch might do well to inquire as to what the hitch was used for! The answer would be a heads up to investigate some of the things you point out a little more closely.

Francesca
Old 04-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #2195

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
My daughter, "Go Somewhere", was a real nag today.
So when we hauled off the trash we took her for a ride around the county.
I've been through the Disney/Langley, OK area a few times this year.
We were there today because I wanted a picture of that Double Wide on top of a house from the tornado last week. But the trailer has already been dismantled, tossed to one side and the house has the beginning repairs in process.

Anyway, I also went on to Langley/Disney as the same road heads in that direction.

Just east of the Disney dam I saw this Trillium. I drove by, but stopped in the highway, put her in reverse, and then pulled to one side to snap this picture. It's been there every time we go through the area and looks like it hasn't moved. Don't think I've seen any other FGs in the area so this kinda stands out. lol.

carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #2196

Registry
Too bad about the doublewide disaster, but I have to admit it strikes me a little funny that the little Trillium weathered the same storm right in place!

Say, Karl...now that you have one fiberglass trailer you probably need two- why dontcha drop by and offer to take that one off the owner's hands?

For a pittance, of course!

Francesca
Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #2197

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Smile Thom & Cari's 2013 Parkliner #035

OK, so i walked out of a vehicle somewhere near the oregon coast and i turned around and saw this rig

At the Warrenton Boat Basin lookout on the Columbia River, Warrenton Oregon on our test drive.
All went well...and Cari still backs a trailer up waaaaay better than i do!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #2198

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
Just east of the Disney dam I saw this Trillium. I drove by, but stopped in the highway, put her in reverse, and then pulled to one side to snap this picture. It's been there every time we go through the area and looks like it hasn't moved. Don't think I've seen any other FGs in the area so this kinda stands out. lol.

I doubt that propane tank has a current stamp on it. It is a 1974-76.
Do you drive by there often? I bet if you asked, they would sell it cheep.
The belly band is falling off, and it looks like there is some attempt to keep the roof vent from leaking. There may be water dammage, but that is not really a problem. The frame looks good.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #2199

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
OK, so i walked out of a vehicle somewhere near the oregon coast and i turned around and saw this rig

At the Warrenton Boat Basin lookout on the Columbia River, Warrenton Oregon on our test drive.
All went well...and Cari still backs a trailer up waaaaay better than i do!

Hey- no fair! YOU CAN'T "SIGHTINGS" YOURSELF!!!!!

Believe you me, it's been tried....

Francesca
Old 04-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #2200

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Quote:

Hey- no fair! YOU CAN'T "SIGHTINGS" YOURSELF!!!!!

Believe you me, it's been tried....

Francesca
But i'll take your posting of my posting a non-posting as a sighting by someone other than a post by me...
and like you said of your rig...SOMEBODY has seen YOU with all your travels...so U R in deed real.