Sightings! - Page 14 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2006, 07:01 AM   #261

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Two 17' Casitas (one from NH and the other from NC) and a 16' Scamp (in addition to ours) who's owner(s) I didn't meet last weekend at the Frisco NPS canoground on the NC OBX. On the way home, met a 16' Scamp on Hwy 12 just south of Nags Head. Monday AM on the way to work, a 16' Scamp exiting onto 64E in Rocky Mount (maybe heading to the OBX as well?). Seldom saw eggs of any brand in the past now five in one weekend.

Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #262

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via MSN to christineb
Who owns "TOAD" A cute little green ?Casita? not sure of the make. Spotted on I-84 Idaho with BC plates.
Sadly we weren't towing ours. We hit a deer in Utah on our vacation and have to get our car fixed. Our poor little trailer is languishing in the body shop waiting to be pulled home. The people were kind enough to look after it for us.
christine
christineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:16 AM   #263

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Who owns "TOAD" A cute little green ?Casita? not sure of the make. Spotted on I-84 Idaho with BC plates.
We were a few vehicles behind that "TOAD" on October 1st, at the Pacific truck border crossing from BC into Washington. I thought it was a Boler but can't be sure as most of the name stuff was off it and I am not really good at identifying the different makes. It was really cute though. Other than that we didn't see any other eggs during our 10 day trip -- but Americans sure like to camp. Were surprised at the number of vehicles still out.

Rosemary
Rosemary Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #264

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Spotted and STALKED all the way to a K-Mart on Iowa street in Riverside, Ca. today 11 am ish.

A Fiberstream. I pulled over and off the freeway to chase them. Met Don and Charmane (Sp?) who were on thier way from Kingman AZ to move to San Diego. Watch out Fred!

Very nice folk, and nice doggie too!

Hope they see this. Don had questions about adding air conditioner to the top of his FS.

Gave them a card.. they should be visiting here shortly!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:35 PM   #265

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
West bound on I-10 approaching Willcox, AZ, a 16' Scamp towed by a white SUV. Today at 12:15PM.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:02 PM   #266

Trailer: 1988 19 ft Scamp
Passed the Kissingers towing their 19' Scamp Deluxe South down I-5 near Wilsonville, OR. It warmed my heart to see another 19' on the road. I can't wait for next year's Oregon gathering to see everyone again!
Isaac M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:48 PM   #267

Trailer: 2004 Scamp Side Dinette 16 ft / 2006 Honda Pilot
On Friday the 13th in the a.m., saw a 16 ft. Casita heading north bound on I-91 in Greenfeild, MA about eight miles south of the Vermont line. Heading up into the beautiful New England foliage.

I-91 runs from New Haven, CT to the Canadian line following the Connecticut River Valley. The Connecticut River Valley is a beautiful ride, especially this time of year and especially north of Springfield, MA. The Valley is one of the oldest settled areas in the country, first settled by Europeans who left the Plymouth and Massachusetts Bay Colonies in the mid-1600's. Native populations go back thousands of years. We also have some of the oldest dinosaur bones and fossils, too. But very few fiberglass eggs.
RonnieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #268

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Passed the Kissingers towing their 19' Scamp Deluxe South down I-5 near Wilsonville, OR. It warmed my heart to see another 19' on the road. I can't wait for next year's Oregon gathering to see everyone again!
We met them at the gathering where we saw many eggs.

On the way, Thursday we saw a 17' Casita heading north. When we both stopped at a gas station, found out they hadn't heard of the FGF or the gathering so we gave them some information. They were heading to Port Townsend. Hope they have a great trip.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:53 PM   #269

Trailer: Casita Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa F
Today on I-17 South (headed back to Phoenix from Sedona) I saw a poor fiberglass RV / TV that went off the highway and flipped. The RV was smashed like a pancake and the TV took a beating. I hope y'all are OK!
Lisa F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:28 AM   #270

Trailer: Bigfoot
We spotted a 17' Casita at Lake Anna State Park on 13/14/15 October. are you on the forum?
Said hello and mentioned we were in a Bigfoot. Would have like to have seen inside your rig.

Ron & Sandy
R&SGove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:00 AM   #271

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Spotted a Bigfoot going north on 101 Saturday morning Oct 14 near Santa Rosa. I think it was a 17. I wasn't quick enough to identify the tug.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:28 PM   #272

Registry
Woo Hoo! I saw my clone!

I-10 east bound in San Bernardino at the 215 crossing.. a Silver Honda Element tugging a 13 foot Burro! Friday Oct 20th at around 6 pm.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:15 AM   #273

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Spotted sunday going west on State Road 40 (Silver Springs Blvd) in Ocala, a 16' Scamp and then not two minutes later an older 16-17' Casita. Didn't get a good look at the tugs, just excited to see some fiberglass on the road. Must have been coming from Biketoberfest over at Daytona.
Chris L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:11 PM   #274

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Last week, while camped at Katherine Landing upriver from Bullhead City, AZ (nice federal park) - 13ft Scamp tugged by bronze mini-van. They arrived late afternoon as I was preparing our dinner, and we did not want to bother them while they set up & relaxed from their day's drive.

Sadly, they hooked up & were gone verrrry early next morning, so we did not get to visit or brag about FGRV! Well, hope they were having as much fun as we are ... in Quartzsite for a few days. Next week it's on to Gila Bend, AZ for a month in a nifty park we discovered thru Passport America - Augie's RV Resort. Nice park & delightful people.

Safe travels & Happy Holler-ween to all, L 'n D

ps - great Home Page pic, Gina!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:04 AM   #275

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Saw a Scamp 16 parked w/o the tug in a Walmart lot in Seekonk MA yesterday ( 10/26). The egg had NY plates and across the stern was written "Mother Courage". We checked back while running errands in the area (felt like a stalker) but no luck catching them around. We were going to leave a note and phone number to offer a spot in our yard for the night but we were off to a baby sitting assignment for the evening. Its amazing how we assume that a fellow egger would be a new friend.
Dan and Donna M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:50 PM   #276

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Last Thursday on WB I-10 between Quartzsite, AZ & Blythe, CA - spotted TWO Scamps ... a 13ft with WA plates and a 16ft from CA. We all exited the highway in Blythe, so we caught up with them at a supply stop. Yep, seems 'most' FGRV owners DO turn out to be friends and/or friendly.

Becky & her husband from Santa Cruz, CA picked up their new 16ft (side dinette) last November, just before the fire. The second couple's 13ft was a shiny 2004 model. We had a nice parking lot visit sharing stories about FGRV fun - one gal was awre of this site, so we suggested they check for info on the Gathering next July!

Happy Holler-we'en to all & take care, L 'n D
Old 10-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #277

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
TWO CASITA SIGHTINGS in the Carolinas

Friday Oct27, leaving Myrtle Beach SC toward Florence on Hwy.501 just before Galavants Ferry, and the Great Pee Dee River...passed a 16' Casita with a SUV Toad heading toward Myrtle Beach.

Today, Oct.29 about 5PM, I overtook a White Chevy Tahoe(?) pulling a 16' Casita down I-26 from Asheville NC heading toward Spartanburg SC, just coming out of all the steep grade areas. I didn't have time to get the camera ready for a shot but I wished to...Pretty White n' Blue trimed Casita with a snazzy White on White Toad...nice lookin' set-up.

Conway Bob
Old 10-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #278

Registry
OK, at Lake Casitas, NOT at the rally portion, a 13ft Scamp, all by it's lonesome in another campground in the park. Towed by a Toyota (?) Honda (?) station wagon.

I forgot the nice folks name, they are from Ventura and were on thier maiden outing.

I spotted them Saturday while exploring the park. I stopped to ask them why they were all the way across the Lake from the Rally, and they were totally unaware of it.

Hope they stopped by the rally and visited all the eggs while they were there.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #279

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
I just spent the weekend camping at Anastasia Island (St. Augustine, FL) next to a 1972 Compact II. A very nice couple in their mid 80's and they have owned the camper since new and have traveled the country in it the past 34 years. It looked really nice and was all original too as they store it in their garage.
Attached Thumbnails
camping_010.JPG  
Chris L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:06 AM   #280

Trailer: 1978 Trek 1300 (Boler/Scamp Clone) / PT Cruiser
Registry
Spotted an UltraVan in southern Illinois Monday Oct 30 at around 1:15pm heading south on I-57 just north of the Marion exit. I exited there and didn't see this uniquie RV after that. I was by myself but got 1 good shot of it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ultravan.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	5384

Very clean and shiny!
Terry
terryjeffers is offline   Reply With Quote