Sightings! - Page 184 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #3661

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Saw an Oliver (my first in person) pulled by a white crew cab F150 headed from Kayenta toward Tuba City in northern Arizona yesterday. No decals on the Ollie, but no mistaking the beautiful Elite II.

Not fiberglass, but I also saw my first Airstream Base Camp in Holbrook. My wife said, "What's that camper that looks like a can opener?"
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:04 PM   #3662

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
Twelve(12) sightings on one drive

Travelling today from Gander to St. John's on the Trans Canada Highway....east of Goobies.... a caravan of some sort... saw 2 Bigfoot, 1 Scamp, 1 Surf Side and a Boler, all towed by antique vehicles. Later near Whitburn, a Trillium waiting to enter the highway and a Trillium getting gas at the service station. I was a beautiful dark green colour. Saw a Trillium 1300 west bound near Butterpot Provincial Park and later another Boler near Paddy's Pond. Later glimpsed more of the caravan gathered at an exit [waiting for the crowd to catch up] a Scamp, Trillium and one other FG rig. Not too bad for one four hour drive.
There is going to be a great gathering somewhere out here this week. Scouter Dave.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:45 PM   #3663

Name: Janice & Rick
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Nova Scotia
Registry
There was a gathering of vintage trailers last weekend, here in Greenwood, Nova Scotia. I wonder if some of these trailers went about traveling after leaving NS.

Yesterday I saw a lovely blue and white boler being traveling up Pleasant Street, Melvern Square, NS. Perhaps coming from Yogi Bear Campground!
JRTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:25 PM   #3664

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Hi Janice, Rick and Dave---these vintage trailers are on their final leg of a cross Canada 150 journey from Victoria to NL. We had them here in Moncton for 3 days (or so) and they made quite a splash!! Sightings of them coupled with those passing thru town on their way to PEI for the Maritime Vintage Rally in early July have made it quite a summer!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #3665

Name: Janice & Rick
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Nova Scotia
Registry
That makes a whole lot of sense now.
JRTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:13 PM   #3666

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
I neglected to add that they belong to the car club called the Canadian Coasters.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:23 PM   #3667

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Busy fiberglass day in VA on I-81 yesterday. We were headed South with our Scamp, and first saw a Northbound Casita near Roanoke towed by a silver Tacoma with kayaks. Later spotted a 19' Scamp headed North just North of Wytheville, and a few miles later spotted a 13' Scamp at a Northbound rest area. We stopped at the next Southbound rest area and met a couple towing a fiberglass Corvette from a car show, they owned a Casita but didn't have it with them this trip. Don't usually see that many in such a short distance.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #3668

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170904_133923541.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	111178 just spotted this Bigfoot at a Tanger Outlet mall in Georgia. Is this yours? PM me if so
Old 09-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #3669

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Saw two Casitas in line together at the Keystone ferry terminal headed for Port Townsend today at about 3 PM.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:04 PM   #3670

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Scamp in Comox, B.C.

Saw a 13 ft. Scamp coming off the Comox-Powell River Ferry today. We mostly see Bolers and Trilliums around here in Vancouver Island, so it was a surprise.
No jalousie windows, but they had those rain guards on the ends of the side windows so you can have them open a bit even when it rains. I was ready to stop and see if they wanted to sell those to me as they are no longer manufactured. First pair I've ever seen on a F.G. trailer around here. Didn't catch the license plate as I was too busy looking at the trailer!
Save
Old 09-08-2017, 08:59 PM   #3671

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbinBC View Post
Saw a 13 ft. Scamp coming off the Comox-Powell River Ferry today. We mostly see Bolers and Trilliums around here in Vancouver Island, so it was a surprise.
No jalousie windows, but they had those rain guards on the ends of the side windows so you can have them open a bit even when it rains. I was ready to stop and see if they wanted to sell those to me as they are no longer manufactured. First pair I've ever seen on a F.G. trailer around here. Didn't catch the license plate as I was too busy looking at the trailer!
Save
:
Barb show me a picture of the rain Gaurds.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:39 PM   #3672

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Window Maxx Vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
:
Barb show me a picture of the rain Gaurds.
Stude
Airxcel | Maxxair | Window/Maxx

I looked all over for them a couple of years ago only to discover they were no longer being manufactured. Several reviewers mention this in the Amazon reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Maxxair-00-45...s&pageNumber=2

Maybe I should put out a Wanted Ad!
Old 09-10-2017, 07:46 AM   #3673

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
As we were leaving Denver yesterday on I-70W on our way to RMNP a green and white Boler passed us. It was pulled by a Volvo with two young women in the front seats. Mike
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:51 PM   #3674

Name: Gene
Trailer: 77 Modified Scamp 13 Towed with 99 Jeep Wrangler
Iowa
Registry
Sightings

At 12:30pm 'today a 13' Scamp was sighted going East on I-80 near Amana Colonies exit in Iowa.
GMYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:36 AM   #3675

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
I saw 7 Olivers in one place yesterday (a herd of Olivers?). They were outside the Oliver sales office as I drove through Hohenwald Tn. Business must be really great, as normally I only see one or two when I drive by. Good for Oliver.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #3676

Name: Gene
Trailer: 77 Modified Scamp 13 Towed with 99 Jeep Wrangler
Iowa
Registry
Sightings

We spotted a Casita setting beside Highway 69 at North side of Ames Iowa this morning.
GMYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:09 PM   #3677

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
Spotted a 16' Casita, headed north on hwy #5, just south of Santa Nella today. We we're headed south to Bakersfield on our way to Rice.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #3678

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbinBC View Post
Save
It is reasonably easy to create a removable louvered vent for rainy days for a sliding window. Just cut a plate to fit into the window frame out of Polycabornate, ie. Lexan, which is easy to saw, route and drill, and then cut out the center area to insert a louvered bilge vent in a vertical orientation. You could send a pattern to a company such as Tap Plastics and have them laser cut it from regular acrylic. (Polycarbonate plastic is not good for laser cutting as it gives off toxic fumes but it is friendlier for manual cutting than regular acrylic which tends to crack.) But you can also laser cut a pattern from wood or mdf to use on the plastic plate for trimming it to size using a router with a pattern following, bearing bit.

Here is a link for the louvers which are what make this project a relatively easy one to DIY. Look for them on Ebay for better pricing.
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/attwo...3?recordNum=16
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #3679

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We have our Silver Cloud at the Cliff Side campground in Racine, WI this weekend. Who owns the 13' Scamp near us?

CindyL
Old 09-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #3680

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
And, here is an Escape 17 today near Horseshoe Bay, heading for the Sea to Sky highway.
Attached Thumbnails
17 sea to sky.jpg