Sightings! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-28-2005, 08:53 PM   #15

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
Quote:
Diane,
Haven't "given up" on Baja so much, but I just go tired of that neck of Arizona. Denis and Renee might be in Mission TX again. I am heading for the same RV park, cheap, funky, clean enough, and the Xmas display in Hidalgo, plus last year's Mexican Men's choir was awesome, like to see it again. After that...
Sightings: 2 Casitas westbound on !-10 (one of 'em you?), two Casitas at Ft Davis state park, two more Casitas at Seminole Canyon state park. One Casita a full time couple with poodle, way to go. And an (older decal) Casita. Most Casitas I've seen all summer. Love your pix Batopilas -scary road
Ed,
If you see Denis and Renee, tell them hello from John and Diane from Patzcauro. I think we saw you, but we did not have the Casita this trip.

Road to Batopilas scary? Well, my knuckles are permantly white, but it was worth it. Also, I don't mind it so much when we are on the mountain side, but when another car approaches and we are on the cliff side, that is a different story.

Have a great holiday.

Diane

Old 11-29-2005, 06:57 AM   #16

Name: Randy
Trailer: Fiber Stream 1985
Oregon
Morning all,I have seen a number of Casitas this last few weeks. Some just flyin' up I-5 some headed out Hwy. 62 (Crater Lake Hwy.) toward Crater Lake. The most interesting however, was a pale green trillium with Washington plates pulled by a very new looking small SUV, dont know what kind. It was in the parking lot of Wal-Mart Medford, Or. the night before T-Day. It was about 9 P.M. so I opted not to knock....who was that?
Via Con Dios
Randy

Old 11-29-2005, 08:07 AM   #17

Name: Herschel AKA BAMA & Pachyderm Posse
Trailer: 2010 Casita LD 17 , tug 2015 Ram Hemi 5.7 395 hp 410 lbs T
Arkansas
Registry
looks to be a new scamp 5th wheel at the shell station ex 5 i-40 van buren arkansas. nov 28 5:30 pm
Old 11-29-2005, 07:34 PM   #18

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Custom Deluxe
Here's a trailer I spotted a few weeks ago. Was for sale, but gone now. Info sheet says 1991 Horizons Van Mate. About 14' body with rear door.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN6660.jpg  
Old 11-29-2005, 08:21 PM   #19

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
...Info sheet says 1991 Horizons Van Mate.
I'm no expert on the brands of fiberglass trailers, but I like to look at the different designs, and this looks quite unique to me. It appears to have a vertical shell split (left/right halves like a Burro or U-Haul) in a rear-entrance plan, with flat walls (like a Fiber Stream) and almost square corners: is there any other design like this?

I found a post in some other forum of a list of RVs which the author claimed was "complete", and it contained a "New Horizons Van Mate" model by "Horizons". There is a DealData listing for 1995 and 1996 models in 17' and 19' , in Overnighter and Sportsman versions, but both of those sound much too large to be this tidy little unit.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 01:23 AM   #20

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Well Lily and I just got back from Joshua Trees NP and the ocean. While at Joshua Trees we saw two Casita trailers. The first was a 17 footer pulled by a Jeep Liberty. I was curious about the setup as I didn't think the Liberty had enough to it to pull a 17 footer but was advised by the owners that it did just fine. I don't remember where they said they were from and didn't get their names.

Then a day or so later in pulled a 17 footer to the space behind me. These nice folks, Rick and Chris, were on their way home from picking their trailer up at the Rice, Texas factory. They are from Centralia, Wa and have been kind enough to often me a warm shower on either my way up to Alaska or on the way back. I told them I'd most likely be interested in their generous offer on the way back.

I gave Rick and Chris this site and others. I also gave them the info on the Oregon Gathering which interested them, is not that far from their home. I suggested that they make reservations soon, they can always cancel if something comes up later. I told them I had made my reservations for the Oregon Gathering although I will most likely be in Alaska at that time. I wanted to have the reservations as a backup in case Alaska some how fell through.

Oh, and I also met a Casita on highway 46 just outside of Paso Robles this morning. It was headed west while Lily and I were headed home, eastward. We'd been to Jalama Beach County Park south of Lompoc for several days. After spending 10 days in the desert we both needed our batteries rejuvenated at the ocean. Lily is a water dog and I love the ocean.
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:09 AM   #21

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Good grief, am I that confused??? I WAS traveling east. No wonder I am no longer a pilot.

Ed, I call in locations and directions of travel every day and I get it wrong too!
Old 12-01-2005, 11:12 AM   #22

Name: Lorene
Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
Georgia
A couple of weeks ago we went to Tallulah Gorge State Park. Wonderful trip. Beautiful!
As we pulled into the campground, there was a gleaming new Casita! It was Pete and Dee from Dahlonega (aka pseabolt on Casita forum). They gave me my first ever tour of another egg! What a nice rig with some clever and well-crafted mods. Such nice folks! Here's a pic of their site just down the hill from us:

Then we walked up the hill and there was another 17' Casita! This one belonged to Warren and Judy from NC. They too were a fun couple and I hope they join us here on FGRV.
Attached Thumbnails
Pete_and_Dee_Seabolt.jpg  
Old 12-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #23
Ed Trautwein

Now that I am traveling in Texas I am seeing more Casitas (wonder why )
Two in Ft Davis, two more at Seminole Canyon state park. I full time, and am often told: "well, you are alone, wouldn't do it as a couple" or variations thereof. So I felt pleased to meet Russ and Karen, plus poodle, full timing as a couple for more than a year. Congrats. It's not the size of the trailer, it's how you enjoy it
Hope to meet more as I amble along as a winter Texan
Old 12-05-2005, 03:04 PM   #24

Trailer: Play Mor II 1986
Send a message via MSN to Israel Galindo Send a message via Yahoo to Israel Galindo
Hi guys and gals, My wife were camping in the Big Bend Area this past week and I saw a casita and a scamp on highwau 118 and doentown Alpine Texas. Were they one of us?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:32 PM   #25
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Could've been some of ours. Were they together?
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:08 AM   #26

Trailer: Play Mor II 1986
Send a message via MSN to Israel Galindo Send a message via Yahoo to Israel Galindo
Quote:
Could've been some of ours. Were they together?

No, they were not togother. We saw the Casita heading south on 118 from Big Bend National Park. The Scamp was heading east on hwy 90 downtown Apine.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:59 PM   #27

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hello, Troops!

The dates are kinda fuzzy, but we have seen several FGRV's since beginning our winter travels at the end of Sept:

Davis Dam CG on the Colorado River:
An Acorn (!) - appeared to be camp host - no on around, but we got a good photo.

La Posa South LTVA, Quartzsite (Oct):
Scamp 5-er for volunteer staff member Will (7th year working there).

BLM Hot Springs LTVA (I-8) near Holtville, CA:
Newer Scamp Deluxe 13' - Chiropractor from the San Diego area.

I-10 southern AZ before Thanksgiving:
Passed (and waved) a Scamp heading west on I-10

La Posa South LTVA, Quartzsite (Nov):

13ft Scamp - left the CG before we could visit.

16ft Scamp - Jerry from Idaho. He did not know about this forum or the Gathering, as he does not 'do' computers, but I took his name & address to forward to Nancy. He said he'd like to attend

I think there were more, but I've misplaced my notes among the pre-Christmas rubble. Anyway, it is always a treat to observe another FGRV believer on the road.

Happy holidays to all - L 'n D
Old 12-16-2005, 06:56 PM   #28

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi,

Been wanting to post this for a long time...this Casita passed us in December of last year. We were towing a car to a friend and it zipped by pretty quickly...North Carolina mountains (I74?) heading toward the Georgia Mountains.

Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Casita05email.jpg