Sightings! - Page 22 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-11-2006, 09:11 PM   #295

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi again - only spied one FGRV today - WB on Interstate 10 (mm 154) heading toward Van Horn, TX - nice shiny Casita (think it was a 16ft) pushing a silver tow vehicle. We were oggling the huge cattle ranch we were passing (Koehn Cattle Co) and didn't have time to wave or 'flash'. Perhaps this was a happy new owner heading home from the Casita factory in Rice, TX? Hope you are having as much fun as we are! Happy trails, L 'n D

Old 12-11-2006, 11:03 PM   #296

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
We were coming home from a long time on the road and were heading up I-5 when we saw a 16 foot scamp heading south maybe about Sacramento. Was that you?

Old 12-15-2006, 08:50 PM   #297

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Friday afternoon, Dec 15, I saw what looked like a sparkling new Casita going north on I-75 through Chattanooga. Pulled by a small red SUV-type (they all look the same to me) with Tennessee tags. Meigs county on the tags?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #298

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Quote:
:Again EB between Lordsburg & Deming, a 16ft Casita with a small red SUV - more waves, etc.
Could this be the same Casita I saw this afternoon?
Old 12-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #299

Hey, Don - could be. That's a LOT of ground to cover in 7 days, but can be done if one wanted to zoom. Happy Holidays - L 'n D
Old 12-27-2006, 02:02 AM   #300

Name: LINDA
Trailer: Hunter 1 / Jeep Liberty
California
Registry
I finally saw another egg on the road, Christmas Day about 11:40 am on Hwy 67 going west just outside of Ramona, Ca. I was driving to Julian and spoted it going the other way. It was a 15 or 17 foot white trailer, with a white truck (I think). Was it Santa on the way to San Diego for some R&R?
Old 12-27-2006, 08:18 PM   #301

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Spotted a Casita parked in a driveway on 45th Ave (Lake Point) in Camas, WA Christmas Day. Did we see the same one 3 years ago at Christmas?
Old 12-27-2006, 09:14 PM   #302

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Linda,

That was us on the way down from Julian! You beat me to the post!

We spent a couple of days at the Salton Sea, then a couple of nights at Tamarisk Grove CG in Anza Borrego SP. We were on our way to Santee to celebrate with friends.

While on the desert floor, we saw a 17' Casita in the Palm Grove Campground--they were showing it off (and smiling REALLY big!). WHO WAS THAT????

Marian
17' Casita, F150 tug
Old 12-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #303

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry

BINGO!!!

We have so few member sightings.. it's fun when there is a "hit".
Old 01-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #304

Name: Patty
Trailer: Casita 13 ft
Texas
Happy New Year Everyone!

We were driving back to Dallas from Houston today and spotted a 13' Burro with TX plates being pulled by a navy blue Vibe. You were on Highway 287 heading north near the Cleburne exit around 1:30 pm today (Jan. 1st) Very nice trailer and my first time to ever see a Burro in person! Very nice - I especially like the window in the front of the trailer.

Patty
Old 01-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #305

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Yesterday, Sunday December 31st, we passed a 16' Casita going westbound on Evan Hughes Highway,(2 lane frontage road parallel to Interstate 8) between Plaster City and Ocotillo, CA. I do not remember what the tow vehicle was... We were going eastbound...

Was it you?
Old 01-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #306

12/30 near our campsite at Lake Corpus Christi State Park, we saw a nice Scamp 5th-wheel sitting in a storage lot/side yard in a little place called Lake City.

Last night a nice, shiny 17ft Casita tugged by a red minivan stayed in the CG. They were all closed up when we went by on our evening walk, and gone early this morning. We were sorry to miss a visit with another FG family.

We'll be looking for more Eggs as we head to Houston and beyond. Take care, everyone - L 'n D
Old 01-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #307

OK, so we made a side-trip to Mission, TX and a drive thru the Rio Grande valley on the recommendation of some fellow snow-birds. Nice weather, but the crowds & traffic do not appeal to us, so it's back to country roads and Texas State Parks, which have been terrific so far. Mission has 13 pages of RV parks in yellow pages! We did discover if the word 'ranch' is in the name, the people probably own their lots within the park ... all part of our learning curve.

SB on Hwy 77 near Harlingen, a Casita heading for where we just left - lots of waves across the median.

Next, a Casita pulled into & quickly out of a rest area; they were also SB on Hwy 77 - no chance to communicate.

Tonight, there is a Casita with white pickup parked near us at Wal Mart in Kingsville, TX ... hope to make contact in the morning & share a FGRV card before they pull out.

Were any of these outfits friends from this Forum? L 'n D
Old 01-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #308

Trailer: 1994 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Parked in the desert near West Ajo and San Joaquin was a fiberglas 5th wheel. Welcome to Tucson.