Sightings! - Page 26 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #351
Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Attachment 7615
Two for today: 1st just south of Flagstaff on I-17 was a newer 13' Scamp - Wisconsin license.

2nd was in Williams, Az - rather unique
Now that's just absolutely cute!

peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:23 AM   #352
Trailer: 17 ft Escape
May 1st around noon a bigfoot being pulled by a beige ford explorer going east on hwy 1 around Abbotsford BC......

Jen'nBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #353
Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982

The 2 trailers you saw were probably traveling home from the Northern Oregon Gathering (NOG) at Waterloo right outside of Lebanon, OR. About half the campers pulled out Sunday morning headed for home.

Ellen B.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #354
Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Saw 2 today. The first a little before noon on I5 heading south, between Sutherlin and Roseburg. Not sure but would guess it was a 16 Casita
The second was on 138, saw it just at a glance going around one of the turns, Almost sure it was a 16 Scamp. Halfway between Elkton and Sutherlin.
Was very surprised to see two in less than a half hour.
Florence Oregon
We probably followed that same Scamp on 138 east around noon until it pulled over in Elkton. The TV was a Chevrolet topped with a boat, pulling a 13ft Scamp that looked like it had been raised up.

Saw another Scamp yesterday afternoon on 101 headed north towards Florence. Hello if either of these were you!

Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:54 PM   #355
Trailer: 1991 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Seen today (and still there!) at the NEAR-Fest hamfest, a newer 16' Scamp and an older 13' Scamp.

Didn't have a chance to meet either owner - I'll try again tomorrow.
Lee Hillsgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #356
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Who-hooo, now that we are back in the West, we are seeing more Eggs as we travel. Right now we are camped at Cathedral Gorge SP (NV) waiting for the weather up north to warm a bit. In the past few days, two Casitas visited this CG, a 13 from Utah and a brand new 16 from Montana.

The cool thing about the Montana couple was that we had visited with them last winter at Valley of Fire SP, when they were traveling in a pop-top VW camper they'd loved for years. We gave them the "Grand Egg Tour" and they really liked our Scamp. So now they have their Casita, which they LOVE, and are planning to lease their home & hit the road - hurray!!! We expect to see them in Desert Hot Springs next winter.

Just a few minutes ago, a Scamp 16 drove into the CG ... haven't had a chance to visit with those folks yet, but I'll have my FGRV card with me when we stroll by! We love meeting other Egg-nuts as we travel.

Hope Spring has finally arrived wherever you are, and happy camping is just around the corner. Safe journeys to all - L 'n D
“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.” A. Einstein
David & Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:56 PM   #357
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson

I saw a Scamp 5-er Deluxe (gold logo's) headed northbound on the 101 at Agoura Hills this afternoon, at about 2:30 PM leaving the Los Angeles area. I don't remember the tug. I was headed southbound, on my way home from Lake San Antonio. He had not caught up to the backup from a roll-over wreck on the center divider yet when I passed him.
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #358
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
I saw the same Scamp 5th about 5 pm just south of Lompoc on the 101, heading North. I waved, so did he.

Also saw a Casita northbound on the 101 around 6 between Carpenteria (sp?) and Ventura. Nice looking blue metalic pick up pulling it.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:04 AM   #359
Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
I saw a different Scamp about 4:15 in the afternoon headed west on 43 (or was it 46 or 41--the 40's confuse me) towards Paso Robles. It seemed strange because I had just left San Antonio Lake and I would expect to see them headed AWAY from the lake, not TOWARD it.

I saw the same Scamp 5th about 5 pm just south of Lompoc on the 101, heading North. I waved, so did he.

Also saw a Casita northbound on the 101 around 6 between Carpenteria (sp?) and Ventura. Nice looking blue metalic pick up pulling it.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 AM   #360
Name: Darrel
Trailer: 73 13 ft Hunter Compact II
Saw this Scamp being pulled by a Dodge Dacota traveling north through the Arizona to Utah gorge on Thrusday May 10 at about 1:00 pm.

Name:   IM000897.JPG
Views: 51
Size:  12.9 KB
Attached Thumbnails
Darrel Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:53 PM   #361
Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Who Was It .................saw a new ( or maybe almost new) Big Foot this morning about 9 am May 14.......traveling West on Osyter Creek Dr. Lake Jackson,Tx

First time to ever see one! It was a beauty..........TV was a dark colored subbaran of some type.

Now I know there are at least 2 Castas here in town........but never saw a BF before.....I was on my way to work so could not find out more ........they pulled in at McDonald's.

Whoever they were hope that have a great time and hope they are members here

Happy Camping to Alll...............Lynn
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #362
Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
We almost NEVER see another egg in Alabama! We were so excited today when we saw a Casita (16' or 17') traveling north on I-65, a few miles out of Birmingham near exit 267. Happy trails, whoever you are!
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:35 PM   #363
Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Sighted this morning on my way to work (some of you MUST remember what that is, LOL?) I spotted a (Grey n Red) 1958 Edsel 4 door wagon headed eastbound on Lougheed Highway (route #7) just at the intersection of Old Dewdney Trunk Road and Lougheed Highway.

Following faithfully along behind was a '70's Boler. Possibly headed west to partake of the "Blossom Run"(??) in B.C.'s interior???

Donna, are you coming, this is BIG!!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #364
Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
On I-5 while we were heading south we spotted heading north, one trilliam with a red TV, a newer Casita with a white truck and a scamp but forget what the TV was. Thursday must have been the day for FGRVs to move as we usually don't see any. We flashed our lights and waved.

Linda&Dale is offline   Reply With Quote