Sightings! - Page 39 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #533

Trailer: 2007 13 ft Scamp / 1991 Nissan Pickup
Followed a 13 Scamp pulled by a Ford Pickup heading from Scottsburg to Reedsport a little after noon today. Passed them at the passing lane and waved.
Duane

Old 09-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #534

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry

I think I am the first to see one "in the wild"...

Sept. 24, 2007, 1:05 pm, I-15 NB in Corona, Ca, an Eggcamper! Tugged by a scary big white pick up.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #535

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Today, at about 3:45, I saw what I think was a 16' Casita with RED stripes and emblems, being pulled East on Rt. 104 in Alexandria, NH. I know it was a Casita: it said so on the side in the normal place, but I've never seen one with red accents. I was paying too much attention to the egg and didn't catch the state on the plate or what the tug was, even.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:19 PM   #536

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
1980-ish Bigfoot 17G pulling North down mainstreet, Blackfalds, Alberta today about 3PM.

I had to double take and make sure it wasn't mine! This one had the stripe package that must have been red at one time. Was so surprised to see it, I didn't even see what or who was tugging.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #537

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Oct. 1 at noon we spotted a Casita camped at Harris Beach, Oregon and also a gentleman with an older Bigfoot at the entrance station there. A Scamp was headed south through Gold Beach about 1 pm, and another Scamp passed us (headed north) just south of Bandon while we were at the weigh station. Their TV was a black pickup with WA plates and they may have had an Oregon Gathering decal on the back of their trailer. Hello to all of you! We hope you managed to stay dry during the big storm that passed through Sept. 30th!

Jeanne and Steve
Old 10-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #538

Trailer: 2003 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Peters
Quote:
Oct. 1 at noon we spotted a Casita camped at Harris Beach, Oregon and also a gentleman with an older Bigfoot at the entrance station there. A Scamp was headed south through Gold Beach about 1 pm, and another Scamp passed us (headed north) just south of Bandon while we were at the weigh station. Their TV was a black pickup with WA plates and they may have had an Oregon Gathering decal on the back of their trailer. Hello to all of you! We hope you managed to stay dry during the big storm that passed through Sept. 30th!

Jeanne and Steve

The Scamp with the black tow vehicle was me - headed back to Clarkston after a 2-week visit with the grandkids in Calif. I managed to log about 2200 miles with no incidents. It sure was nice to have my own B&B with me. The Sept. 30th storm found me tucked in warm and dry at my mother's house in Arcata, CA!!
Old 10-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #539

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

I don't know if this was a sighting or not.
I didn't actually see the Trailer.
In a driveway in the Point Loma neighborhood of San Diego was the silhouette of a Casita under a custom fitted protective cover. I passed it on my way to the Southwestern Yacht Club making a scale delivery.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:48 PM   #540

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Greetings from Tennessee, everyone! Well, way back in Lancaster, PA as we were leaving town, we spotted a Burro or U-Haul in a parking lot. D thought it was hooked to a teal-colored SUV, and I thought I saw a 'For Sale' sign in the front window. Traffic was ugly, so we did not try to got back to investigate.

This may count as a 'cosmic' sighting ... When we checked into Otter Creek CG on the Blue Ridge Pkway, the Ranger saw which site we chosen and said "A little Scamp just like yours checked out of that site this morning!" Welcome to the Twilight Zone ??? Was that a member of our fabulous Forum?

Hope everyone is enjoying the transition to Fall , despite the end of the camping season in some areas. Take care, L 'n D
Old 10-05-2007, 01:12 AM   #541

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oregon
Registry
Sunday evening September 30th in East Portland. OR, heading eastbound on I-80 toward the Gorge, an Escape 5.0 Pulled by a Dodge Ram!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #542

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We must have the only "Stealth" Casita in the country. Picked up a 1 year old Spirit Deluxe in Corpus Christi, TX on Oct 1st. Drove from Corpus Christi to Norman, Oklahoma on the 2nd (592 miles in the daylight) and never had anyone point and smile, and no-one has mentioned our trip in any "sightings" posts on forums. Glad we are mature enough our feelings never get hurt.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:45 AM   #543

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
It was a couple years before I was sighted.. and then the guy that bought my trailer was sighted days after he drove it away...

patience!
Old 10-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #544

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I was just a'kiddin', Gina. Actually, it was kind of a relief. With that teardrop trailer we had to do a "dog and pony" show at every fuel stop or any other place we stopped. Heck, we've even been waved down to show off the teardrop.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #545

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
This afternoon, just after 2 PM and just North of Wisner, Nebraska, I saw a 13' Scamp being pulled on Rt. 275 North by a maroon Blazer. The Scamp was remarkable in that it had a rack on the rear bumper which held a bicycle. Not a regular bike, though, but an exercise bike!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #546

Trailer: 88 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
We saw a 13' Casita today headed North on hwy 17 just on the North side of Rhinelander WI.

We didn't catch the make and model of tow vehicle because we were so suprised to see the egg.

Time was around 11:30 central time on Sunday Oct. 7.