Sightings! - Page 59 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #1161

Trailer: 12 ft Chariot (Stealth Egg) and 1987 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
3:50pm on Monday September 14 heading west on the I-90 in Wisconsin. 16' Egg camper by Milton Wisconsin - old couple in black GM SUV driving.

BTW I was heading to Winnipeg to pick up my K-line

Mine went through there on the 11th. heading North, and again earlier today running South.

Sighted so far this trip :

1) 13' scamp just North of the hwy 51 & hwy 14 intersection - Janesville WI

2) Casita on hwy 50 - Central IL

3) 16 or 17 Casita heading north on I-24 - Southern IL

This Drive by post brought to you by free WI FI in a motel parking lot ...............
DayTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #1162

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
Quote:
Rick -- Stop and think. We were with you in New York state when this sighting happened!

(but it is a good description of us and our trailer)
You may have left in the middle of the night and then came back.......? By the way I hope we get to camp together soon. Elaine and I enjoyed your company.
Rick Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #1163

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi again! This morning we spotted a Bigfoot, westbound on I-80 between Laramie & Cheyenne. Then, about mid-day today we saw a 16ft Casita northbound on I-25, just south of Ft. Collins. Tug was a "ruby slipper" red quad-cab pickup with a shell - nice looking outfit. Anyone from here? L 'n D
Old 09-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #1164

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Driving today on I75 thru Georgia and Florida saw a 16' Scamp and a U-Haul freshly painted sort of an Almond color both headed North as I was headed South with the Casita behind me.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #1165

Trailer: 1974 Hunter I
Registry
About 3:30 PM in Colorado Springs -- saw a 13-ft Scamp 13-ft towed by a red GMC pickup, eastbound on Fontanero and stopped at the light at El Paso St., about to turn onto Paseo.
Don H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #1166

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Two mystery sightings.

Yesterday I saw a 13' something, cream colored behind a white Kia u=in the Tillamook Cheese factory parking lot about 4. I could not identify the brand but the seam was vertical fromt to back instead of horizontal.

Yoday, I followed another 13', I think, behind a burgandy mini van south bound on 101 before Lincoln City. It said Oxygen on the back. The shape was more streamlined than the Scamp or Casita and had really nice triangular shaped windows on either side (no back window). I was hoping they would stop at a view point so I could check it out but I had to turn to the campground and they continued south.

If you are on the forum, I was in a blue Ridgeline with my 17' Casita. Entered 101 from Pacific City as you cruised by. I wasn't trying to pass you on the hill. I just wantef to get a better look.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #1167

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe
Registry
Today a basic 13' Scamp about 20 years old, no AC, pulled by a Toyota Tacoma Dark Green(?) PU. Both with WA license plates.

It was parked beside the road (Aleck Bay Road) on Lopez Island in WA state.

I tried to find the owners but they weren't in the area.

Not a common sight.

RonMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #1168

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
saw a trillium and a boler on highway 11 up New Liskeard way this weekend
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #1169

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Well we spotted a lot of glass parked in the Hart Ranch Resort in Rapid City South Dakota (hee hee!) Cheating I know, South Dakota Rally

But on our travels to South Dakota Thursday Sept 24th , We spotted a 17ft Castia being pulled by a Range Rover I-25 south bound (if I remember correctly north of Chugwater WY). Then yesterday, Sept 28th on hwy 85 somewhere in the middle of nowhere WY a Bigfoot didn't catch the tow vehicle or size cause I was tooooooooooo busy bucking wind, ( you had a tail wind) But it was a wonderful site out there in the rolling vast land of WY. Second sighting was a black Casita? Being pulled by a black truck north bound I-25 just heading into Cheyenne WY. Hope you all had a safe journey!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #1170

Trailer: 77 Scamp
whoo weeee so many trailers.. sept 25-27

Purple boler?/scamp deception pass state park..forest loop (saturday)...wanted to say hi but noone was around (cute trailer)

NEW casita 2-ladies very nice/Bayview state park
Also a larger bigfoot.. couple with 3 dogs/bayview state park
Scamp pulling into bayview state park but you zipped outta there and went down to the beach area with tug in tow and I didn't get a chance to say hi or peek in your trailer

Casita? on the other side of the freeway at the dump station at Smokey point rest stop...we waved to each other from across the freeway..
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #1171

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I want to see the purple one! We need photos with the sightings! (if you can)

I know, I know, I haven't posted any. That's because I haven't SEEN any
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #1172

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Sunday night we pulled into Seven Feathers Dry camping area at exit 99 on I-5 in Oregon. There already was a Play-more trailer but everyone seemed to already be asleep. It was still there when we left in the morning. Monday on the way north we saw two Casitas and one Scamp heading south. Made us wonder if there had been an event that we had missed.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #1173

Trailer: 1982 13 ft Burro
Today about 3p.m. in the North Bend Safeway parking lot a silver dodge pickup and 16ft casita.
Ken & Sherry B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #1174

A couple of days ago as we were traveling south on I-25 between Pueblo, Co and Raton, NM we spotted 2 16ft Casitas ... I think one might have been Keith from Aurora ??? We blinked our lights like fools and waved, as usual - hope you saw us.

Yesterday (9/30) we met Linda and Dewey from Texas here in Taos Valley RV Park. The pull their 1-year old Casita 17 with a nice small pickup and are visiting Taos, NM for the Wool Festival. They raise Angora goats and Linda is learning to spin. Dewey participates in the Casita Club forum and we gave 'em a FGRV card. Perhaps Linda will connect with the ladies who spin here on this forum. Nice folks, and we hope to run into them again at the Bluebonnet rally next April. We LOVE meeting other FGRV-ers on the road! Take care, all - L 'n D, heading (again) for warmth in southern AZ
Old 10-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #1175

Trailer: 73 Boler
Oct 02 Green Trillium parked in Cumberland on the main street. Beautiful Vancouver Island

K Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #1176

Discovered at Casita (TX plates) as we walked our Pup thru Los Campos RV Park in Santa Fe this evening, but it was a bit too late for door-knocking so we hope they don' t pull out too early for at least a 'hello'. L 'n D
Old 10-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #1177

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
saw two casita's on Friday, one on I90 with roof ac , pulled by something red or burgundy around La Crosse WI , and a second one later in the day on US21 pulled by something silver heading east
We were the two fools on motorcycles, a 46 Knuckle and an 07 road king
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #1178

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Quote:
saw two casita's on Friday, one on I90 with roof ac , pulled by something red or burgundy around La Crosse WI , and a second one later in the day on US21 pulled by something silver heading east
We were the two fools on motorcycles, a 46 Knuckle and an 07 road king
Saturday..Interste 80west between cleveland and toledo...16ft uhaul VT...maybe the one carol was selling.....I seen it from the truck I was towing a CT-13 home to Conn. with. from Michigan!!!
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #1179

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Sept. 20, Goblin Valley State Park, Utah - I couldn't believe it. Looked like a Scamp, right there in the next campign spot. But we arrived late, and by time we'd pulled ourselves outside, the owner was gone...trailer awaiting her return.

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #1180

Name: Phil
Trailer: 17ft 98 Casita FD
Texas
newer bigfoot truck camper heading north on I-37 leaving the corpus christi area
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote