Sightings! - Page 60 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #1181

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
I went to Walmart in N. Spokane this evening and there in the parking lot was a 2005 Scamp with it's owners sitting outside in the grass. I stopped and met Pete and Diane from Wisconsin, and their Newfoundland. They are members of this forum. They are heading out tomorrow on hiway 2 toward the coast. Very nice people.

It was nice meeting you to Rusty! After we met you we went on to Olimpic National Park, Redwood in CA, Yellowstone and finaly Badlands & Rushmore. 6600 miles total trip. Had a great time and can't wait to do it again (even the swim in the Pacific in Oregon. (air temp 62 & I think water around 55)
Peter Linder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #1182

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Yesterday, on Highway 260 in AZ, between Payson and Heber, A 16ft Scamp tugged by a blackish pick up, headed east.

Today, heading South on Highway 87, AZ, just south of the 188 junction, a Casita 17, tugged by a Burgundy Chrysler something SUV.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #1183

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Hmmm, one of these days, I'm gonna be spotted....one of these days....
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:04 PM   #1184

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Update on the Casita sighting in the RV park at Santa Fe, NM. Mikki and Al are long-time full timers and Escapees who have been on the road for many years in a variety of vehicles, most recently the Casita. They are making (another) try at settling down, this time in Albuquerque, and Mikki said they would probably sell their FGRV. Wished them well in their lifestyle change and headed out for Ruidoso, NM ... Lincoln County Cowboy Symposium and Chuckwagon Cookoff this weekend. Should be fun! L 'n D

http://www.cowboysymposium.org/

p.s. Hey, MonicaM - where R-U now?
Old 10-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #1185

Quote:
Update on the Casita sighting in the RV park at Santa Fe, NM. Mikki and Al are long-time full timers and Escapees who have been on the road for many years in a variety of vehicles, most recently the Casita. They are making (another) try at settling down, this time in Albuquerque, and Mikki said they would probably sell their FGRV. Wished them well in their lifestyle change and headed out for Ruidoso, NM ... Lincoln County Cowboy Symposium and Chuckwagon Cookoff this weekend. Should be fun! L 'n D

http://www.cowboysymposium.org/

p.s. Hey, MonicaM - where R-U now?
I am in Coffeyville, KS now, but I was JUST in Santa Fe and Albuquerque! Nobody saw me? Wow! Also, on the 40, coming across into Oklahoma City, there was this couple with an over the cab type of camper, they were towing a boat, and every time they passed me (three times) they made a big deal of looking at me and waving wildly. I figured it had to be the trailer that got them excited. I was hoping that I would see them at a gas stop somewhere, but never did. I thought MAYBE, JUST MAYBE they would have posted me on here, but NOOOOO! One of these days!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #1186

Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Monica:
Are you complaining nobody saw you from NM to Ks? If you think that is invisible, listen to this:

A few months ago I zig zagged from Fl to the Great Lakes, then across the northern US to W Montana, Zigged & zagged up to the Alaska Highway, zagged back across Canada then back down to Fl again and nobody saw me for 8,600 miles! Now thats invisible!
John Hussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #1187

Quote:
Monica:
Are you complaining nobody saw you from NM to Ks? If you think that is invisible, listen to this:

A few months ago I zig zagged from Fl to the Great Lakes, then across the northern US to W Montana, Zigged & zagged up to the Alaska Highway, zagged back across Canada then back down to Fl again and nobody saw me for 8,600 miles! Now thats invisible!
LOL, I know, I hear ya'! I have spotted a couple and posted them, but I have yet to be seen.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #1188

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
The "Little Tike" trailer in the same storage yard in Long Beach as our stick built. It was for sale a while back....I don't remember if someone from this board bought it.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #1189

Trailer: R-Vision
I saw a couple of eggs today on I 40 East bound between Albuquerque and Amarillo.
One was a Casita I think the other a Scamp. I think it was the Casita that looked
brand new, very shiney. I was headed West, so didn't get a good look.
Mike Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #1190

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Burro (Sunny side UP!)
Registry
Ooh! Ooh! My first sighting! San Diego, Thursday Oct 8 on the 8 going east from the beach. A 13ft Scamp with AC on top and awning being towed by a black pickup with a stepped cap on back. You continued on toward Hotel circle while I, in my rental car, exited to 163 North. I was so excited! I pointed out the trailer and explained the FBRV mystique to my friend who was riding along. She said, "Oh, is that what you are going to be living in my driveway with when you move back here?" Ummm...let's not make assumptions here...
Anne Badgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #1191

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Quote:
Monica:

You think those stories are good, I issued a challenge two years ago for anyone who could spot us, I'd give the board a $15 donation. So far, no one has ever seen us, even going up the entire west coast this summer to the Oregon Gathering and then across the Pacific NW and back home to AZ.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #1192

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Spotted October 8th going north on I-17 near Flagstaff....a full sized GM van towing a 17' Casita. Spotted October 10th, Mather Campground at the Grand Canyon, a 13' Scamp being towed by a Chrysler convertible, Illinois plates.......they went by my campsite late in the evening, and I left early the next day, so didn't get to talk to them. Spotted October 11th, another 17' Casita being towed by a Tundra Pickup going north on I-17 just south of Flagstaff. Were any of these you????????
Chris L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #1193

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Tuesday. 10/13 was a busy day in the eastbound lanes of I-10 between Las Cruces and Lordsburg, NM:

16 ft Casita w/gold SUV
16 ft Scamp w/red minivan
16 ft Casita w/silver pickup

Then today, 10/15 we spotted another Casita, I-10 eastbound again - lots of traffic east of Tucson so I missed ID of the tug. Anyone from here? Regards, L 'n D
Old 10-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #1194

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Louisiana plated casita and white tacoma quad cab truck. LSU tire cover on the back of casita.
Seen sat Oct 17 2009 in El Dorado, AR
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #1195

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
a RARE stype of sighting... I was watching the DIY network, and the story was about a young fella who was doing a complete kitchen remodel.

WELL... on an exterior shot, when he got appliances delivered, I am 100% certain that for, oh about a second or two, in the background I am SURE that I saw a neighbor with a Casita! Flash... and it was GONE. It was for sure FG, and I pretty certain that I saw the Casita logo.

I will keep an eye out for that episode again and note what town, etc.

Rare to see one on TV
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #1196

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Sorry this sighting is so late, just got my notes and computer together for the first time after the trip...

In Northern California, on Thursday, October 15th, at about 10:30AM, a 13' Casita about 8 miles East of McCloud on Highway 89 headed East.

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #1197

Trailer: Trail Michigante
Quote:
Monica:

In '07 We went from home (Northern California) to Oceanside, to Atlantic City, then back via Wisconsin, North Dakota, Yellowstone, Idaho, Oregon. Then in '08 it was home to Oceanside, to Annapolis MD, then back via Yellowstone (we like it there) then Idaho, Washington, Oregon. This year it was home to Oceanside, then Annapolis, then back, passing through Kentucky, Kansas, stayed a while in Colorado, then Nevada, Tahoe and home. All in all that's something like 27,000 miles and we and our beloved '72 Trail Mite are yet to be spotted!

Vic
Attached Thumbnails
RAAM09MonumentValley1.jpg  
Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #1198

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Around 4:20 pm, just north of Savannah GA on I-95. Casita (16?, I think), red Grand Marquis tow vehicle.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #1199

Trailer: Casita
Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny B
Have seen plenty of fiberglass RV's on the road. Yesterday saw two, a Casita 17' and a Scamp 13' just outside Echo Bay on Lake Mead, one headed toward Overton, the other headed toward Echo Bay. Saw a Casita in Moab a couple of days ago, passing in front of the Red Cliffs Lodge, headed toward Moab. Happy trails friends!

My travel blog: http://comedybailout.blogspot.com. Full-timing since Feb 09!
Old 10-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #1200

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
an uncommon sighting, a Casita 13 foot tugged by a white pick up, parked in an eatery parking lot on Main street in Quartzsite, AZ today.

Then not 10 minutes later, I checked my rear view mirror to see the unmistakable profile of a Burro. I pulled into the Post Office and he turned after me and parked.. a 13 footer tugged by a black tug, and the logos on the trailer were also jet black. ... odd.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote