Sightings! - Page 86 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #1191

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Quote:
Monica:
Are you complaining nobody saw you from NM to Ks? If you think that is invisible, listen to this:

A few months ago I zig zagged from Fl to the Great Lakes, then across the northern US to W Montana, Zigged & zagged up to the Alaska Highway, zagged back across Canada then back down to Fl again and nobody saw me for 8,600 miles! Now thats invisible!
You think those stories are good, I issued a challenge two years ago for anyone who could spot us, I'd give the board a $15 donation. So far, no one has ever seen us, even going up the entire west coast this summer to the Oregon Gathering and then across the Pacific NW and back home to AZ.

2005 Escape 17-B
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #1192

Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Arizona
Registry
Spotted October 8th going north on I-17 near Flagstaff....a full sized GM van towing a 17' Casita. Spotted October 10th, Mather Campground at the Grand Canyon, a 13' Scamp being towed by a Chrysler convertible, Illinois plates.......they went by my campsite late in the evening, and I left early the next day, so didn't get to talk to them. Spotted October 11th, another 17' Casita being towed by a Tundra Pickup going north on I-17 just south of Flagstaff. Were any of these you????????

Old 10-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #1193

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Tuesday. 10/13 was a busy day in the eastbound lanes of I-10 between Las Cruces and Lordsburg, NM:

16 ft Casita w/gold SUV
16 ft Scamp w/red minivan
16 ft Casita w/silver pickup

Then today, 10/15 we spotted another Casita, I-10 eastbound again - lots of traffic east of Tucson so I missed ID of the tug. Anyone from here? Regards, L 'n D
Old 10-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #1194

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Louisiana plated casita and white tacoma quad cab truck. LSU tire cover on the back of casita.
Seen sat Oct 17 2009 in El Dorado, AR
Old 10-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #1195

Name: Alan
Trailer: FORMERLY:Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
California
a RARE stype of sighting... I was watching the DIY network, and the story was about a young fella who was doing a complete kitchen remodel.

WELL... on an exterior shot, when he got appliances delivered, I am 100% certain that for, oh about a second or two, in the background I am SURE that I saw a neighbor with a Casita! Flash... and it was GONE. It was for sure FG, and I pretty certain that I saw the Casita logo.

I will keep an eye out for that episode again and note what town, etc.

Rare to see one on TV
Old 10-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #1196

Name: Tom
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
California
Registry
Sorry this sighting is so late, just got my notes and computer together for the first time after the trip...

In Northern California, on Thursday, October 15th, at about 10:30AM, a 13' Casita about 8 miles East of McCloud on Highway 89 headed East.

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #1197

Name: Vic
Trailer: Trail Mite
California
Quote:
Monica:
Are you complaining nobody saw you from NM to Ks? If you think that is invisible, listen to this:

A few months ago I zig zagged from Fl to the Great Lakes, then across the northern US to W Montana, Zigged & zagged up to the Alaska Highway, zagged back across Canada then back down to Fl again and nobody saw me for 8,600 miles! Now thats invisible!
In '07 We went from home (Northern California) to Oceanside, to Atlantic City, then back via Wisconsin, North Dakota, Yellowstone, Idaho, Oregon. Then in '08 it was home to Oceanside, to Annapolis MD, then back via Yellowstone (we like it there) then Idaho, Washington, Oregon. This year it was home to Oceanside, then Annapolis, then back, passing through Kentucky, Kansas, stayed a while in Colorado, then Nevada, Tahoe and home. All in all that's something like 27,000 miles and we and our beloved '72 Trail Mite are yet to be spotted!

Vic
Attached Thumbnails
RAAM09MonumentValley1.jpg  
Old 10-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #1198

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
Around 4:20 pm, just north of Savannah GA on I-95. Casita (16?, I think), red Grand Marquis tow vehicle.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #1199

Trailer: Casita
UT
Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny B
Have seen plenty of fiberglass RV's on the road. Yesterday saw two, a Casita 17' and a Scamp 13' just outside Echo Bay on Lake Mead, one headed toward Overton, the other headed toward Echo Bay. Saw a Casita in Moab a couple of days ago, passing in front of the Red Cliffs Lodge, headed toward Moab. Happy trails friends!

My travel blog: http://comedybailout.blogspot.com. Full-timing since Feb 09!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #1200

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
an uncommon sighting, a Casita 13 foot tugged by a white pick up, parked in an eatery parking lot on Main street in Quartzsite, AZ today.

Then not 10 minutes later, I checked my rear view mirror to see the unmistakable profile of a Burro. I pulled into the Post Office and he turned after me and parked.. a 13 footer tugged by a black tug, and the logos on the trailer were also jet black. ... odd.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #1201

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
and another in Quartzsite, Sunday Nov 1, Going south on Central Ave (Hiway 95) a Boler, red bottom, tan top.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:28 AM   #1202

Trailer: Bigfoot
We've been from Virginia to Montana and back, Virginia to Prince Edward Island and back, and back and forth to Florida 3 times since early 2007 and as far as we know, no one on the forum has seen our 25' Bigfoot. We are not easy to miss, with our Armada tow vehicle! On the other hand in all that traveling we've seen one 25' Bigfoot (from Quebec), maybe three 21 or 17 footers. We have seen a far number of BF truck campers and once or twice a Class C. Since we often chatted with the owners, we never posted on "Sightings"

Ron and Sandy Gove
Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #1203

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
My best friend said she saw 2 Fiberglass Eggs headed South on I-95 towards Miami a couple of days ago. She couldnt tell what Make they were though. Anybody from here?

Melissa
Old 11-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #1204

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
2 sightings in Quartzsite:

An Oliver Legacy parked on a deeded lot in the Gold Star RV Resort, and ...
a Casita (13) headed south on Central Avenue (SR95) - did not see the tug as it passed from view to quickly.

Anyone from this fabulous forum? Happy Fall - L 'n D