Sightings! - Page 106 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #2101

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post

CindyL
Hey! Ectoplasmic Cindy!

That's a real nice motorhome your vaporous self is leaning on there, but I'm sorry to have to tell you that We Don't Talk About Such Things at this site...guess word of that policy hasn't reached The Netherworld yet!

But before you Return to Where You Came from, you might post here that you "Sightings!'d" that nice little super neat fiberglass trailer to the right in your picture!

Francesca, True Believer

P.S.

If you repost the photo, please do Photoshop that so-called "RV" out of the picture...women and children read this site, you know!

F.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #2102

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Kudos Cindy, I thought you were going to get it done, But I see the rules seem to be a changing target. I don't know whether they are randomly varied or they use an algorithm to build up your hopes and then cruelly dash them, I for a fact know you exist however I have not seen your trailer move so according to the "current" rules I cannot post.
It seems as if we are left with no option but to call for an emergency meeting of Ed's " World Domination" minions to discuss our options. I will PM our "Fearless Leader" to see if he concurs. Assuming his concurrence, We need to decide up on a venue. Do to the short notice of this meeting I would estimate that no more than 50% of the loyal minions could attend. I would prefer to have it in a warmer climate. Do you think we could get everyone who attends into the Superdome. I anxiously await your thoughts.
Respectfully
Michael J.
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #2103

Registry
In my experience, minions are distressingly unreliable.
I can't even remember how many I've paid to "Sightings!" me, and without result. As I think we all know...

Francesca
Old 11-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #2104

Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
In my experience, minions are distressingly unreliable.
I can't even remember how many I've paid to "Sightings!" me, and without result. As I think we all know...

Francesca
Depends on whether they are good minions or "evil minions", Our experience would indicate that "evil' minions are 78.23% more likely to preform as asked as opposed to " good " or common minions. And since "good or common " minions out nubmber "evil" minions by 17.463 to 1 your chance of success is only about 1 in 100. You have apparently bet on the wrong group.
Respectfully and non exsistant.
Michael J.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #2105

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
No one saw us leave the fish fry?

Well, this minion for one will be going south to Disney World after Xmas. We are stopping at Hilton Head on the route home. I have elbow surgery on Dec. 11, so assuming I can travel with an arm in a cast, we decided to look for places that were warmer and where I could just walk around.

If other minions are going that route... At the very least, maybe we can get sighted on that trip.

CindyL
CindyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #2106

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeyer View Post
Depends on whether they are good minions or "evil minions", Our experience would indicate that "evil' minions are 78.23% more likely to preform as asked as opposed to " good " or common minions. And since "good or common " minions out nubmber "evil" minions by 17.463 to 1 your chance of success is only about 1 in 100. You have apparently bet on the wrong group.
Respectfully and non exsistant.
Michael J.
So...where on the evil<-<-->-> good/common scale of minionosity would you say that you yourself would fall...and, depending on your answer:

Are you "for hire"?

Francesca, always looking for A Few Bad Minions
Old 11-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #2107

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeyer View Post
Do you think we could get everyone who attends into the Superdome. I anxiously await your thoughts.
Respectfully
Michael J.
Sorry Michael photos of groups of minions at a meeting together will not get any of you into Superdome.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #2108

Indiana
Registry
Quote:
So...where on the evil<-<-->-> good/common scale of minionosity would you say that you yourself would fall...and, depending on your answer:

Are you "for hire"?

Francesca, always looking for A Few Bad Minions
Well lets put it this way : my employee number actually ends in 007.

Respectfully nonexistant.
Michael J.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #2109

Indiana
Registry
If other minions are going that route... At the very least, maybe we can get sighted on that trip.

CindyL[/QUOTE]

Cindy:
Reviewing the rules posted previously, it appears that there is no noncollusion clause attached to "sightings" There fore as a devious fellow minion I would propose that "when" you decide to go south and "if" you will be traveling down I-65, PM me the day before and call when you reach the South side of Indy. I will then wait on the Overpass South of Columbus and "sight" you. Upon your reply to this forum Your fondest dream will then be fulfilled and you will be one up on you know who.( name withheld due to questions about actual existence). It is the least one minion can do for another.

Respectfully: a fellow minion reveling in his Nonexistance.
Michael J.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #2110

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
This forum needs a like button. You are on.

CindyL
CindyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #2111

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Just sighted a 16 or 17 foot Casita being pulled by a four-door toyota pickup, getting gas at exit 7 on Interstate 10, near Pensacola.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #2112

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
Bigfoot mounted to commercial vehicle

saw this guy yesterday at the Safeway in Carmel, CA. i was really impressed by this rig. i have seen a thread here with links to sites regarding these extreme builds where people mount eggs to commercial flat-bed rigs, but it was the first time i have ever seen one in person.

the guy was from Vancouver and looked like he was having a great time. he said he had it done by someone else but that it was a really fun rig. cant imagine what this bad-boy must cost - the vehicle, the Bigfoot, and then the extreme modification ... but he looked like he wasn't too worried about that.
Attached Thumbnails
photo 1.JPG   photo 2.JPG  

Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #2113

Registry
The question that comes to my mind is "Why would someone put a little trailer on such an enormous truck????

Or is it perhaps removable, and the fellow uses the truck for other purposes when not RVing?

Francesca
Old 11-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #2114

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
We was this rig on Whidbey Island, twice on the same weekend. I postd the sighting at that time or month or so ago. He may have been on his way South at that time since we are fairly close to Vancouver. Glad you got pictures.

And I do not think it can be removed. It looked pretty permanent to me.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #2115

Registry
Suspect due to where that set up has been spotted on more than one occasion, the reason for the set up is the owner likes to dry camp in areas that would bring new meaning to the term back country camping for even the most experienced camper here.

I have seen this rig a few times in the Squamish area of BC (about 40 miles north of Vancouver). That area is known as the outdoor recreational capital of Canada. Big with mountain climbers, mountain bikers and back country skiers etc.. Some great back country multi day hiking/ski trip camping spots in that area & most have a *starting/access* point about 15 to 20 miles up long ago closed logging roads - now over grown and washed out up the length of them. The majority walk up the roads but some do try to drive at least part way up to the hike/ski tour start points if they can but no one would tow a trailer up to them. Actually few take their cars/trucks even part way up even without a trailer/camper. The roads to some of the most popular spots eat up 4 wheel drives - dont ask me how I know that
Old 11-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #2116

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
Very cool Dave. Yeah, he was I guess as far south as he was going to go (or perhaps he was already heading north from points further south) because he mentioned he was heading back up north to Vancouver/home the next day.

Definitely permanent. I mean it could be removed but not like a cab over camper that you can take off after a trip. It is wired and plumbed and fixed to that chassis. There are a lot of reasons why folks do this (he also mentioned with great pride that it was a full 4 wheel drive) ...

Many want to do true off road 4x4 travel with these though I wonder what a toll it takes on all the internal systems. The other thing I was thinking is that in this day of "Extreme" everything - makeovers, homes, boats, autos, food ... Folks given enough time and money and/or skill can take just about anything to that end.

It's basically a Tonka toy for a grown-up. While I am not sure how practical it is, I couldn't help but think "wow" at the sight of it. Again, not likely the most practical toy (I guess toys dont have to be practical) but I would not turn one down if someone offered me the keys to one.
Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #2117

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Chet View Post
It's basically a Tonka toy for a grown-up. While I am not sure how practical it is, I couldn't help but think "wow" at the sight of it. Again, not likely the most practical toy (I guess toys dont have to be practical) but I would not turn one down if someone offered me the keys to one.
Yup it is and based on where he hangs out it is as hard as to believe for some, a very practical toy.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #2118

Registry
He must hang out in a lot of desert-type boonies- that rig's much too big/tall for the kind of overgrown forest service roads I like to sneak my rig down!

Francesca
Old 11-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #2119

Registry
!

Quote:
He must hang out in a lot of desert-type boonies- that rig's much too big/tall for the kind of overgrown forest service roads I like to sneak my rig down!

Francesca
LOL Francesca the complete opposite to desert type boonies! Big elevation gangs over short distances. Big trees until you get up past what we call the tree line and then high probability of snow even in summer months. Good idea to carry a hack saw or chain saw in the even of low branches you need to clear.

Yes the roads are very narrow (few spots to turn around so once your on one you are usually committed for going further than you had wanted) and overgrown and they do tend to scratch up the rigs big time! Just as my girlfriend about what she thinks of her dear husband and my partners decision to take her brand new Pathfinder only a couple of miles up one last month!
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #2120

Registry
hmmm...

I'll reserve judgement as to whether that big rig made it past the trailhead parking lot 'til I see closeups of the "Sierra Pinstripes" that every real boonythumper sports on the sides of the rig!

Francesca

P.S. Pictures of my battle stripes on request...

F.