Sightings! - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-11-2005, 11:34 PM   #1

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Sightings!

Saturday, last week, in Ojai California, a Compact II, Blue bottom, white top, packed to the hilt.

We invited them to Lake Casitas to see the other glass, but they were on thier way to elswhere.

Old 11-12-2005, 10:04 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
I spotted a Castia in Stuart Florida it was parked in a storage area when i went to store mine it was not there again. I know mine was spotted by someone as they left a number with the maintance man LOL

Old 11-12-2005, 10:24 AM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
This morning I ALMOST saw myself going out to our Trillium to do a mild winterization of it but the weather has not been co-operating for the last 3 weeks up here in the Pacific North Wet, so I hi-tailed it and ran back inside the security oy warm DRY shop to do a l'il clean up. Its not expected to freeze up here any time soon, so I can maybe aford to wait another week or ten days before I haul out the auntie freeze and git'r done.

I'm just posting this little bit of nonsense in an effort to take my mind of the sillieness that has happened to our group here
Old 11-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #4

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper

Tuesday, November 15 we saw a Casita being pulled by, I think it was brown van, driving through Gila Bend, Arizonia???

Wednesday, November 16, we saw an old fiberglass trailer--don-t know what it was, and could not catch up in Nuevo Casas Grandes, Mexico. I will pot a quickly taken picture when we return.

Diane

P. S. Finally made Batopilas, Mexico---what a ride down to the bottom of the canyon. Will post more later.

Do not have the time to check everything out right now as I am in an Internet cafe in Creel, but the site sure looks back to normal.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:25 AM   #5

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
Thanksgiveing night 2005 i was passed by a Dark pickup pulling a 16 foot Scamp. We were both heading North out of west Plam Beach on 95. So groggy from a huge dinner i did not see the speed limit sign go up from 55 to 70 lol
Old 11-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #6

Day before Turkey Day---Burro headed into Carlsbad, New Mexico---going south.

T-Day morning----Three Casitas near Tuscon, Arizonia.

17 foot going east---dark green tow vehicle with boat or kayak on top.

16 foot going east ---never see the tow vehicles well

16 foot going west.

Diane
Old 11-25-2005, 02:10 PM   #7

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Since we got our Boler a year ago, I have only seen one other fiberglass trailer on the road while we were towing - I only saw it from behind, but as I recall (this was months ago) it was a 13-foot Boler or Trillium, headed east away from Edmonton (Alberta) on the Yellowhead Highway (16). I was going faster than I wanted to drag our B1700, so it eventually vanished in the distance. I'm not sure if I've seen any others during that year even while we were not towing our own.

I wonder how may eggs are just parked, and whether out-of-use units are any more or less common in molded fiberglass than with conventional trailers.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:24 PM   #8

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Monday, Nov. 21, in Lake Elsinore, Ca. up on a hillside.. far away.. a White Perris Pacer. White tug, couldn't really see what it was.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:04 AM   #9

Trailer: 1999 Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Brian,
There are probably more eggs put out to pasture than we will ever know. I spotted this little Surf Side hiding in the trees on the road to Chilkat State park, Haines, Alaska.
Attached Thumbnails
Surf_Side.jpg  
Old 11-28-2005, 05:03 PM   #10
Ed Trautwein

hey, jdtrotter, that may have been me, the Dutchman. Except I was traveling west. Dark green 4Runner, kayak with green cover, white Yakima luggage carrier.
So, we ALMOST met?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:07 PM   #11
Ed Trautwein

Good grief, am I that confused??? I WAS traveling east. No wonder I am no longer a pilot.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Good grief, am I that confused??? I WAS traveling east. No wonder I am no longer a pilot.

I thought it might be you! Did you give up on the Baja idea? But now that you are headed for Texas, you can drop down on to the mainland---maybe you will see Denis and Renee again.

Diane
Old 11-28-2005, 06:53 PM   #13

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Over Thanksgiving Holiday at OHV area in Plaster City, California was a 16 or 17 foot Casita with a side dinette, in amongst the stickie toy boxes.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:25 PM   #14
Ed Trautwein

Diane,
Haven't "given up" on Baja so much, but I just go tired of that neck of Arizona. Denis and Renee might be in Mission TX again. I am heading for the same RV park, cheap, funky, clean enough, and the Xmas display in Hidalgo, plus last year's Mexican Men's choir was awesome, like to see it again. After that...
Sightings: 2 Casitas westbound on !-10 (one of 'em you?), two Casitas at Ft Davis state park, two more Casitas at Seminole Canyon state park. One Casita a full time couple with poodle, way to go. And an (older decal) Casita. Most Casitas I've seen all summer. Love your pix Batopilas -scary road