Sightings! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2005, 11:34 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Sightings!

Saturday, last week, in Ojai California, a Compact II, Blue bottom, white top, packed to the hilt.

We invited them to Lake Casitas to see the other glass, but they were on thier way to elswhere.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:04 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
I spotted a Castia in Stuart Florida it was parked in a storage area when i went to store mine it was not there again. I know mine was spotted by someone as they left a number with the maintance man LOL
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:24 AM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
This morning I ALMOST saw myself going out to our Trillium to do a mild winterization of it but the weather has not been co-operating for the last 3 weeks up here in the Pacific North Wet, so I hi-tailed it and ran back inside the security oy warm DRY shop to do a l'il clean up. Its not expected to freeze up here any time soon, so I can maybe aford to wait another week or ten days before I haul out the auntie freeze and git'r done.

I'm just posting this little bit of nonsense in an effort to take my mind of the sillieness that has happened to our group here
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #4

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper

Tuesday, November 15 we saw a Casita being pulled by, I think it was brown van, driving through Gila Bend, Arizonia???

Wednesday, November 16, we saw an old fiberglass trailer--don-t know what it was, and could not catch up in Nuevo Casas Grandes, Mexico. I will pot a quickly taken picture when we return.

Diane

P. S. Finally made Batopilas, Mexico---what a ride down to the bottom of the canyon. Will post more later.

Do not have the time to check everything out right now as I am in an Internet cafe in Creel, but the site sure looks back to normal.
jdtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:25 AM   #5

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
Thanksgiveing night 2005 i was passed by a Dark pickup pulling a 16 foot Scamp. We were both heading North out of west Plam Beach on 95. So groggy from a huge dinner i did not see the speed limit sign go up from 55 to 70 lol
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #6

Day before Turkey Day---Burro headed into Carlsbad, New Mexico---going south.

T-Day morning----Three Casitas near Tuscon, Arizonia.

17 foot going east---dark green tow vehicle with boat or kayak on top.

16 foot going east ---never see the tow vehicles well

16 foot going west.

Diane
Old 11-25-2005, 02:10 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Since we got our Boler a year ago, I have only seen one other fiberglass trailer on the road while we were towing - I only saw it from behind, but as I recall (this was months ago) it was a 13-foot Boler or Trillium, headed east away from Edmonton (Alberta) on the Yellowhead Highway (16). I was going faster than I wanted to drag our B1700, so it eventually vanished in the distance. I'm not sure if I've seen any others during that year even while we were not towing our own.

I wonder how may eggs are just parked, and whether out-of-use units are any more or less common in molded fiberglass than with conventional trailers.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 11:24 PM   #8

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Monday, Nov. 21, in Lake Elsinore, Ca. up on a hillside.. far away.. a White Perris Pacer. White tug, couldn't really see what it was.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 08:04 AM   #9

Trailer: 1999 Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Brian,
There are probably more eggs put out to pasture than we will ever know. I spotted this little Surf Side hiding in the trees on the road to Chilkat State park, Haines, Alaska.
Attached Thumbnails
Surf_Side.jpg  
Craig Nold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:03 PM   #10
Ed Trautwein

hey, jdtrotter, that may have been me, the Dutchman. Except I was traveling west. Dark green 4Runner, kayak with green cover, white Yakima luggage carrier.
So, we ALMOST met?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:07 PM   #11
Ed Trautwein

Good grief, am I that confused??? I WAS traveling east. No wonder I am no longer a pilot.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Good grief, am I that confused??? I WAS traveling east. No wonder I am no longer a pilot.

I thought it might be you! Did you give up on the Baja idea? But now that you are headed for Texas, you can drop down on to the mainland---maybe you will see Denis and Renee again.

Diane
Old 11-28-2005, 06:53 PM   #13

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Over Thanksgiving Holiday at OHV area in Plaster City, California was a 16 or 17 foot Casita with a side dinette, in amongst the stickie toy boxes.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:25 PM   #14
Ed Trautwein

Diane,
Haven't "given up" on Baja so much, but I just go tired of that neck of Arizona. Denis and Renee might be in Mission TX again. I am heading for the same RV park, cheap, funky, clean enough, and the Xmas display in Hidalgo, plus last year's Mexican Men's choir was awesome, like to see it again. After that...
Sightings: 2 Casitas westbound on !-10 (one of 'em you?), two Casitas at Ft Davis state park, two more Casitas at Seminole Canyon state park. One Casita a full time couple with poodle, way to go. And an (older decal) Casita. Most Casitas I've seen all summer. Love your pix Batopilas -scary road
Old 11-28-2005, 08:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Diane,
Haven't "given up" on Baja so much, but I just go tired of that neck of Arizona. Denis and Renee might be in Mission TX again. I am heading for the same RV park, cheap, funky, clean enough, and the Xmas display in Hidalgo, plus last year's Mexican Men's choir was awesome, like to see it again. After that...
Sightings: 2 Casitas westbound on !-10 (one of 'em you?), two Casitas at Ft Davis state park, two more Casitas at Seminole Canyon state park. One Casita a full time couple with poodle, way to go. And an (older decal) Casita. Most Casitas I've seen all summer. Love your pix Batopilas -scary road
Ed,
If you see Denis and Renee, tell them hello from John and Diane from Patzcauro. I think we saw you, but we did not have the Casita this trip.

Road to Batopilas scary? Well, my knuckles are permantly white, but it was worth it. Also, I don't mind it so much when we are on the mountain side, but when another car approaches and we are on the cliff side, that is a different story.

Have a great holiday.

Diane
Old 11-29-2005, 06:57 AM   #16

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1985
Morning all,I have seen a number of Casitas this last few weeks. Some just flyin' up I-5 some headed out Hwy. 62 (Crater Lake Hwy.) toward Crater Lake. The most interesting however, was a pale green trillium with Washington plates pulled by a very new looking small SUV, dont know what kind. It was in the parking lot of Wal-Mart Medford, Or. the night before T-Day. It was about 9 P.M. so I opted not to knock....who was that?
Via Con Dios
Randy
RJordanX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:07 AM   #17

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
looks to be a new scamp 5th wheel at the shell station ex 5 i-40 van buren arkansas. nov 28 5:30 pm
Old 11-29-2005, 07:34 PM   #18

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Custom Deluxe
Here's a trailer I spotted a few weeks ago. Was for sale, but gone now. Info sheet says 1991 Horizons Van Mate. About 14' body with rear door.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN6660.jpg  
Mike-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:21 PM   #19

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
...Info sheet says 1991 Horizons Van Mate.
I'm no expert on the brands of fiberglass trailers, but I like to look at the different designs, and this looks quite unique to me. It appears to have a vertical shell split (left/right halves like a Burro or U-Haul) in a rear-entrance plan, with flat walls (like a Fiber Stream) and almost square corners: is there any other design like this?

I found a post in some other forum of a list of RVs which the author claimed was "complete", and it contained a "New Horizons Van Mate" model by "Horizons". There is a DealData listing for 1995 and 1996 models in 17' and 19' , in Overnighter and Sportsman versions, but both of those sound much too large to be this tidy little unit.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 01:23 AM   #20

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Well Lily and I just got back from Joshua Trees NP and the ocean. While at Joshua Trees we saw two Casita trailers. The first was a 17 footer pulled by a Jeep Liberty. I was curious about the setup as I didn't think the Liberty had enough to it to pull a 17 footer but was advised by the owners that it did just fine. I don't remember where they said they were from and didn't get their names.

Then a day or so later in pulled a 17 footer to the space behind me. These nice folks, Rick and Chris, were on their way home from picking their trailer up at the Rice, Texas factory. They are from Centralia, Wa and have been kind enough to often me a warm shower on either my way up to Alaska or on the way back. I told them I'd most likely be interested in their generous offer on the way back.

I gave Rick and Chris this site and others. I also gave them the info on the Oregon Gathering which interested them, is not that far from their home. I suggested that they make reservations soon, they can always cancel if something comes up later. I told them I had made my reservations for the Oregon Gathering although I will most likely be in Alaska at that time. I wanted to have the reservations as a backup in case Alaska some how fell through.

Oh, and I also met a Casita on highway 46 just outside of Paso Robles this morning. It was headed west while Lily and I were headed home, eastward. We'd been to Jalama Beach County Park south of Lompoc for several days. After spending 10 days in the desert we both needed our batteries rejuvenated at the ocean. Lily is a water dog and I love the ocean.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote