Signed papers today... Officially moved to the dark side! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #1

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Signed papers today... Officially moved to the dark side!

I'm sure many of you have seen my Scamp in the "for sale" section. Since out family has outgrown the 13 footer, we really needed to find something else that fits our lifestyle, budget, and tow vehicle.

After seriously considering a Livinlite Quicksilver popup, I located a dealership close to home who had a Palomino 280LTD popup in stock. It is a 2013 (new) and had never even been popped up! It has a furnace, fridge, sink, inside/outside stove, and they're even installing a roof air at no charge!

Heck, it even has heated mattresses! With three beds, it can haul the whole family and a guest or two! We are really looking forward to having a little more room than the 13 foot Scamp, and having some more modern amenities.

One good thing is that it comes with electric brakes, so I am finally going to install a brake controller (P3) in the Outback, and also install brakes on my enclosed cargo trailer.

I hope to have a buyer for the Dcamp by this weekend. I have a bunch of people coming too loom at it. Wish me luck!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Congratulations and Good luck.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Popups are great for a family, we still have the Starcraft that we bought in 1978 . Enjoy your new camper.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Life is about making memories and less about what you own to get there. Make as many as you can, have a blast, ... and safe travels... always
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #5

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Popups are great for a family, we still have the Starcraft that we bought in 1978 . Enjoy your new camper.
Thanks everyone...

I actually bought a Starcraft Galaxy6 when I was 16. It had belonged to a friend's parents, and they sold it to me for a couple hundred bucks. My friends and I had the greatest time with that camper for about five years, when the floor finally rotted enough for the supports to fall through. Best bang for the buck ever... and it was almost 30 years old when it died. I'm sure we will get many good years out of this one.

Still... I'm going to miss the Scamp. Almost wish I had room to keep it and do a big modern restoration on it. Oh, well... only so much time and money to go around.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Popups are the most bang for the buck, as you've learned. We had one for a summer and decided it wasn't for us, but we were thinking of just the 2 of us. For a big family it's hard to beat for the price.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Donna's right! It's about the journey! Not what you camp in to create that journey! Enjoy! Hope your new purchase will enable your family to enjoy many years of great camping!

The new pop ups really do have so many options for comfort, yet still compact enough for home storage!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote