size of showers in Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: In the market
Nevada
size of showers in Scamp

I don't yet own but have high hopes of getting a Scamp 16' with the side bath. Seems like the best layout for us. There will be enough room for us, our granddaughter and our little poodle. Layout four of the Scamp, is that a smaller bath than the ones that are up front in the other models?
Chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #2

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Yes, the side bathroom is much smaller than the front bathroom in the 16' or the 19' 5th wheel.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: In the market
Nevada
Thanks, I kinda thought so but now I know for sure. Thanks again.
Chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
As is mentioned, it's much smaller. But remember for every inch of space put into a bathroom it has to come from somewhere. I'd rather have a bigger bed or more counter space or a wider closet! Besides, with the sidebath you also get the front window... and that's a very, very nice thing to have.

The sidebath is completely functional. You can take care of business and get clean. I think that's all that really matters. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Bill
The side bath on the 16 &19 is completely on the upper floor. On a front bath the shower floor is on the lower floor and the shower area is also under the start of the trolley roof so you have about 4" more head room in the Front bath. In the Scamp 19 std. the roof rises for the front upper deck area so head room in the shower is not as big an issue as in a S-16 side bath. But in the front bath models some people have issues with the extra distance from the toilet seat to the lower shower floor. Bottom line if you are 6' or taller in a side bath S-16 you may sit down to shower.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #6

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
We owned a Scamp 16 with a side bath. Sitting on the toilet our knees touch the wall. Shower for a tall person well you have to sit on the toilet. A front bath model would be better. I now have a Bigfoot 21 with a rear separate shower.
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #7

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
As is mentioned, it's much smaller. But remember for every inch of space put into a bathroom it has to come from somewhere. I'd rather have a bigger bed or more counter space or a wider closet! Besides, with the sidebath you also get the front window... and that's a very, very nice thing to have.

The sidebath is completely functional. You can take care of business and get clean. I think that's all that really matters. YMMV

You don't have gallons and gallons of hot water on tap to be taking long showers anyway. Yes the bath is a little cramped but it gets the job done.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #8

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
size of showers in Scamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

This is the conclusion I came to. I have yet to use the shower or toilet in mine after two years of use, anyway. Until the camp setups are nasty or broken, I won't. If that happens, then I'll be glad to have my dinky bathroom to use.

I find my couch much more useful than a bigger bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #9

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
Bill
But in the front bath models some people have issues with the extra distance from the toilet seat to the lower shower floor.
Yes, this is an issue of comfort. I solved it by making a false floor out of 1/4 inch plywood with ribs glued to the underside for stiffness and applied length of 1/4 thick foam tape around the edges (underside) so it does not scratch the shower liner. It stays in place and is light and easy to take out to use the shower. The Scamp enclosure has a narrow shelf along three sides of the well.
I did not invent it, somebody else here deserves the credit (do not remember who, so take credit where credit is due).
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp