Skidaway Island - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa F
Hey y'all... I just wanted to let everyone know my trip, this weekend, is going MUCH better... pigtail stayed in and the door stayed closed

After completing the dog switch with my parents I headed to Skidaway SP to set up. I pulled in a site (at dusk) and a guy yelled out for me to turn around and come back so my door would be away from the "street"... I let him know I was a newbie and this was my first official set up and camping trip in my camper... He spent an hour and half talking me through while I set up....

So I was able to do the work while a veteran watched
Thanks Ted from NY!!!!!

We got the fridge, hot water/furnance, and smoke/carbon monoxide alarm going and he helped find the opener for the shower. He gave me a faucet regulator and flashlight and tips on setting up and extras I should keep on hand -

It's now, but all is well (still recovering from shingles, but it's getting better)

btw: Skidaway is a very pretty SP
Lisa F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
see camping can be fun!
yes it is a nice lill park, if you want to try an even nicer park check ot Hanna city park in Jax
just another 90 mile to the south of skidway. Hanna is just about allways booked thats why i end up at skidway so often.
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Skidaway is lovely.

I have it noted in my journal that its a park that requires a call ahead for a bug report. At certain times of the year you're breathing bugs. The flaw in that is the locals are so used to them that they are kind of insensitive to what the rest of us consider too buggy to breathe.

Skidaway Mosquito:
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Lisa Lou F,

I thought shingles was a greyhead disease! Hope you recover quickly. Happy camping!
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:22 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Lisa I am so glad you are having fun. I have camped at Skidaway also. My favorite in that area is River's End on Tybee Island. 2 blocks to the River and two blocks to the beach. I am trying to get down there real soon. Maybe we could have a mini meet.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
Lisa,
I am SO glad to hear that this trip is going well
Now, the BIG question is... How does TONKA like his new trailer????

Susan, I'm with you. I can't wait to get to the beach! How about we all caravan down after the SE Rally? Or tomorrow!
Lorene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Tomorrow sounds REAL good. Got to get tug (my truck) back from son and I am leaving out. I will give a "Yall Come" before, or as I hitch up the brown egg.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa F
Quote:
Lisa I am so glad you are having fun. I have camped at Skidaway also. My favorite in that area is River's End on Tybee Island. 2 blocks to the River and two blocks to the beach. I am trying to get down there real soon. Maybe we could have a mini meet.
Tonka is getting back into "tomboy" mode... grandma/pa spoiled her and she became a spoiled princess

mini meet sounds good....
Let me know what your thinking

I have a friend that lives in Jacksonville and she is so ready for camping - I will have to check out Hannah City Park... Might make a good 3 day mini meet (if and when revs are available)

After spending the last 2 nights (fully hooked up) I don't know if I will ever be able to backcountry camp again
I'm hooked... I had to use the heater last night, works great and I tried out the shower this morning... ah.... hot shower in my camper - I love it!!!

The fan I got installed works AWESOME... it stormed pretty hard yesterday and not a drop of water in the camper (with the fan still running all through the storm)

I just need to conquor keeping the bugs out. I was a feast for a mosquito last night. I was a pro not getting any in my tent, so will have to develop new "skills" for keeping them out of the camper!

Lisa F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #9

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Cool

Hi,
Another excellent campground in the area is Blythe Island Campground.
Also at exit 29 on I-95 is the Flying J, its a good place to stop and rest on an overnight run.
Blythe island is 3 or 4 miles behind it.
Enjoy the trip and get back to Atlanta safely .
Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:56 PM   #10

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
We stopped at Crooked River State Park just north of the Florida State Line in Ga. and it seemed nice, didn't get to see much as we left early in the a.m. but as I remember it had cable hookup, elec, and water. It was about 9 miles east of RT 95
Old 04-14-2006, 04:24 AM   #11

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
I called Hanna City Park yesterday trying to make reservation for the end of the month. Every site was booked for an RV ralley. Now here is the interesting thing you could make a reservation by going thur the organiser of the ralley. I they allow ralley groups a huge block of sites then I might be a great place for eggs to meet some day.

since Hanna was booked up and i did not want to deal with an unknown rv group. The fickle finger of fate picked Little Talbot Island SP in florida souunds like a neat little place.
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote