Sleep - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #15

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
I can see why you would like a fitness tracker, Norm, considering your personality type. Glad you're enjoying it.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:39 PM   #16

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13', want another small trailer.
Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Not surprisingly Oxygen is important.....As a result I now breathe very deeply for awhile each day sometime if I wake during the night I do deep breathing.
Norm, sometime in the past year I read an article listing several steps to take to help a person fall asleep.

One of the steps was for a person to take several very deep breaths thru their nose, and then exhale thru their mouths. I do this quite often and it works for me. After taking the deep breaths, I chant my old-age (new-age?) chant of 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, and so on...until I fall asleep.

The second step the article said was useful was to eat a hunk of cheese just prior to going to bed. So now each night I eat a piece of string cheese. I'm not sure this actually works...but, it's great for adding some unneeded and unwanted body weigh, as I have gained about 5 pounds since reading the article!

Bill

Old 01-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #17

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I can see why you would like a fitness tracker, Norm, considering your personality type. Glad you're enjoying it.
WHat don't I know about myself? Is there a measurement personality?

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #18

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
You love to set goals and strive toward them, and to analyze and quantify things.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:01 AM   #19

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Norm, Laura and I have joined the FitBit craze and have been using our fitness trackers much like you've experienced. We try to get out steps in but fail more often that succeed. We also have the sleep tracker as well as the heart rate monitor. These devices do provide interesting information relating to our personal activity level. However, this information only becomes actionable to some people who are predisposed to react to the information provided. As Mike mentioned, some people wouldn't really be interested in the information because they wouldn't use it. Personally, I thought it could be useful to know what/when our heart rate may be up as well as how our sleep has been affected by the previous day's events. We like it and are actually interested in know what's happening to us, like you, and hope to use the information to improve out quality of life. To each their own.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:31 PM   #20

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
You love to set goals and strive toward them, and to analyze and quantify things.
This is also what I thought, in a good way!
Jen
Old 01-09-2016, 08:46 AM   #21

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Speaking of Sleep

We went to a happy hour last night and a couple from the Island of Wright off the UK were there. THey travel in a small rig thru NA in the winter and were commenting on the magic of small space sleep. Of course all the other couples were big rig owners and could not understand the comfort, womb like nature of small spaces. Fortunately we were there to back them up.

WHen they return to Europe each summer they store their rig in a mine near Independence, MO. It's absolutely safe, constant temp and no moisture.

They have a similar rig in Europe for traveling in Europe.

They are also the people who confirmed the use of T-Mobile phone system, providing coverage in the USA and Canada. They buy a prepay phone every year.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:20 AM   #22

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
ex VT, now CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nolen View Post
.... After taking the deep breaths, I chant my old-age (new-age?) chant of 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, and so on...until I fall asleep.....
Nothing new under the Sun! You just came up with counting the sheep - aren't all kids told to do that?

Isn't it neat: most of the "old" ideas still work.