Smaller (bed) yet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-16-2014, 07:25 AM   #1

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Smaller (bed) yet

Ginny and I moved into our Park Model this weekend at the Escapee Park in Wauchula, FL. It's bigger than our Scamp by an order of magnitude, actually our bedroom is bigger than the Scamp but the bed's not bigger than the Scamp's bed.

The previous owner had twin beds and took one with her so we're sleeping in a twin, 39" wide, less than the 44" of the Scamp. The joke around the park is it's 'bigger than what Ginny and Norm sleep on in their Scamp".

Of course we have no problem sleeping in it and Ginny woke the first morning and said there's enough extra space for a small dog.

Where I notice the difference in size is at the breakfast table. Ginny sits across from me a a round 42" glass top table, further apart than in the Scamp.

I guess there's a physical intimacy in a Scamp. Yesterday morning in my walk of the park a female Escapee commented on our bed and how she doesn't like someone 'all over them when sleeping'. For us, not everyone, the presence of another is comforting.

We do plan to get a queen sized bed. Now that we have so much space I suspect we'll get company (our oldest son, an Escapee and Scamp owner has already booked in), everyone wonders how we could wait 8 years to get a spot in this park and want's to see why. Since we give our bedroom to guests, we'll move the twin bed to a space for Ginny and I to sleep when we have guests.

Of course we're happy, life is good and Florida is warm.

Right now were having fun making this little space ours.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #2

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Glad your enjoying you new space!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 11-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
For some reason I had envisioned you two living in the Scamp while in the Escapees park. I'm surprised! Guess I wasn't paying attention.

I hope you enjoy hobnobbing with all the other sociable folks there.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #4

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
You don't have your Scamp along with you to use as a guest house?

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Mike,

We're probably never more than 100 feet from our trailer every day of the year. Right now it's parked in the front of our Park Model as we unload it. The park has a storage area that we will walk by every day. You can be sure we'll be regularly visiting the Scamp.

We plan to travel most of next year even though we have the park model. We bought the park model for our retirement from mostly travel. For the last 14 years we have been traveling 7.5 months each year. This year we plan to travel only 3 months, next year back to our regular schedule.

Ice breaker, kes we can use the Scamp as a guest house, but we do have the ability to sleep two couples besides ourselves.

The original purpose of Escapee parks was to provide a place to live for people who sold their homes to travel full time.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote