SMEV stove/sink combo eBay seller problems - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Boler
Won and paid for a SMEV sink/stove combo over a week ago and the seller seems to have gone into hiding...Aery Corp. My neighbor bought a stove and emailed twice before he shipped. Anybody else have a similar experience?

RogerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
No experience ,but his ratings seem high.
Things move very slow in Indiana. Could be out fishing.
I wouldn't worry yet.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I've had up to 85 listings on ebay at one time and they may have shipped it but never sent you an email to confirm ....... give it another week to arrive or they contact you and if you paid by paypal all you have to do is contact them and tell them the situation and they will hold up their account if need be.(paypal is mostly on the buyers side) But please wait as it may be in shipment......... If they have very good feedback i wouldn't worry too much.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I always allow a week or so extra - to cross the border and get through the customs process. How were they shipping?
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #5

Trailer: 1970 Campster
I bought my SMEV stove on Ebay from the SMEV USA store and spoke with Eldon, who was very helpful and efficient. It's really interesting that the Ebay store you purchased your stove from is listed as the Aery Corp., yet it refers to the SMEV USA blog at the very bottom of each product listing. The link does not appear to work nor is there a SMEV USA Ebay store any longer. I can't help but wonder if if SMEV USA closed their doors and reopened as the Aery Corp. When I bought my stove last summer the only US retailer for this brand of Italian stoves was SMEV USA.
Lisa H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I got real frustrated in dealing with them and let it go. It took them ages to return an email, and often they did not even reply. I gave up and used THIS Dometic cooker/sink combo, and though we only picked up our new trailer last week and have used it for 3 days, we are real happy with the this appliance.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #7

Quote:
I got real frustrated in dealing with them and let it go. It took them ages to return an email, and often they did not even reply. I gave up and used THIS Dometic cooker/sink combo, and though we only picked up our new trailer last week and have used it for 3 days, we are real happy with the this appliance.
Thanks for the replies.
What was the cost of the dometic combo Jim as I have not been able to find it.
I like the SMEV unit but frustrated with the customer service from the seller.
Picked up a cooktop mounted to a table with extendable legs this afternoon at an automotive swapmeet. It is meant for outside use and attaches to an external rail similar to an awning. Excellent condition for $35 us and this will be my plan "B" if the seller continues the game.
Also looking for a stainless sink to replace the chipped green porcelain original.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #8

Quote:
I always allow a week or so extra - to cross the border and get through the customs process. How were they shipping?
I am lucky enough to live close to the border and have a mail address in Blaine Wa. where I ship most US purchases to. Seller claims 1-6 day shipping and it has been 10 days. His shipping charges are also extremely high and I suspect he recovers some of his costs through this.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:04 AM   #9

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Unless it went parcel post you should be able to get a tracking #.
Have they reasponded to any emails?
Contact the seller through ebay so you are covered in case of any disputes.
(Always forward a copy to yourself).
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:18 AM   #10

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Thanks for the replies.
What was the cost of the dometic combo Jim as I have not been able to find it.
I like the SMEV unit but frustrated with the customer service from the seller.
Picked up a cooktop mounted to a table with extendable legs this afternoon at an automotive swapmeet. It is meant for outside use and attaches to an external rail similar to an awning. Excellent condition for $35 us and this will be my plan "B" if the seller continues the game.
Also looking for a stainless sink to replace the chipped green porcelain original.
It was an upgrade cost of $275 CDN over the standard 2 burner stove and sink combo. Well worth it for us. We really like the extra counter space it provides when they are not in use. It was provided by Reace at Escape for us, and had been used in the Trillium's recently produced in the US.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Unless it went parcel post you should be able to get a tracking #.
Have they reasponded to any emails?
Contact the seller through ebay so you are covered in case of any disputes.
(Always forward a copy to yourself).
That is the problem...no communication from seller after repeated emails. I have already contacted paypal on the issue.
Thanks