Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-15-2018, 10:39 AM   #21

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
I have added a battery disconnect switch to our Parkliner.
Wayne, is your battery location one where you have to remove the propane tanks to access the batteries? Any pics of how you set up the disconnect switch? That's high on my project list.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:01 PM   #22

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
Since it stopped after you opened the door, it pretty obviously is something to do with stale air trapped in the trailer, probably high humidity, but could be due to something out-gassing inside. Try taking EVERYTHING loose out of the trailer,check to see if it still does alarm after setting overnight, then replace one thing at a time, waiting overnight each time (I know, this takes a long time), until it happens again.
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:24 PM   #23

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
to speed up that process, put HALF the stuff back in. if the alarm goes off, take half of that half out otherwise, put in another quarter of the original stuff (eg, half of the half you left out). repeat this with increasingly smaller slices, either taking out if the alarm goes off, or adding if the alarm hasn't gone off yet.

say there were 64 items in the trailer. if you did it one item per day sequentially, it would take 64 days. if you do 32, then 16, then 8, then 4, then 2, then 1, thats 6 days.

in computers, this is called a 'binary search'.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:17 PM   #24

Name: Ian
Trailer: 75 boler 1300
Ontario
Put a second one in with it. If they both go off, you have a problem.
imacd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:14 PM   #25

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Just walked by my trailer, which is sitting in the back yard, and the detector was beeping. It hadn't been beeping that long because I walked by an hour earlier and it wasn't beeping. I got my key, opened the door, and within a couple of minutes it stopped. No noticeable smoke.

It did this about a year ago. Same scenario - open the door and after a couple minutes it stops. The propane detector is a different device and is not beeping.

Any ideas? Could humidity cause it to think it was smoke?

ETA: Just checked Internet!
lennoxpros (Requires membership, but quote was available through search)
If you now know the cause of the issue work on fixing it.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote