snow again! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-01-2007, 11:16 PM   #15

Name: John
Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
California
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
Quote:
If you want to feel good about where YOU live... take a look at Iowa's roads here:
Roger

Our school kids had their first snow day yesterday. When I looked out my window in the AM there was our first snow of the year on the ground. About 2 inches and it was gone by noon.
This global warming is getting serious. Last year I used about 1 ton of wood pellets to heat my home through the cold months. I have already used over a ton because of the unusual cold we have had.
During my high school years my family and I lived in Lake Forest Ill., 30 miles north of Chicago. I remember those lake effect snow storms. They were miserable.
Hang in there as spring and summer is not far off.
When I complain about the cold weather I just think of what you all are going through in the midwest and east and become very happy that I do not live there any longer.
At least I can get warm. Death Valley is about 4 hours from my home and I am heading there this Saturday. It is supposed to be in the mid 80s next week.
I do symapthize with you and all of your miserable weather. If I could, I would send you all some of the Death Valley weather.
John

Old 03-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #16

Trailer: Love Bug / Chevy Astro

Robert-If you mention the warm temps again I am going to hitch up my FGRV and bring a rope down there to linch you. Wait a minute, if I come down there for a linching, you may as well join me and go camping instead.

Oh, forced retirement in 3 years. The agony of being forced to retire at 57. Federal law enforcement, the only job that they can fire you from due to age. Any other emplyer would be hauled to court for age discrimination.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:38 AM   #17

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
I do symapthize with you and all of your miserable weather. If I could, I would send you all some of the Death Valley weather.
John
John, I lived in SoCal for eleven years. I'll take the cold and snow in Iowa, thanks!

Roger
Old 03-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #18

Name: David
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ)
Colorado
Quote:

Oh, forced retirement in 3 years. The agony of being forced to retire at 57. Federal law enforcement, the only job that they can fire you from due to age. Any other emplyer would be hauled to court for age discrimination.
Bob - Don't sound so glum about it. They are doing you a favor! I didn't wait to be kicked out at 57. I got in my 20+ years and hit the road at 53. Best decision I ever made. Remember the more valuable thing is not money - it's TIME! You can't get it back when it's gone.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #19

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
Roger, in So California it is hot and no We northerners could all be camping if living there. I want that southern warmth (but I have to work). John, please send me some of your heat. If you could only package it up for me and send me some.
Dave, Bob, and all you others retiring in your 50's .............You have NO IDEA how lucky you are! You are truly blessed! I am 65 and working 6 days a week at the office, and raising dogs that takes up 7 night a week plus all day Sunday. Hoping by the age of 70 I can retire and at least take one trip out to see the USA before I get to old.
That said, here are some pictures of the camper taken this morning. We saw grass last week, and look at what we have now. Daylight savings time starts in a week and we will still have
I am getting that spring fever big time, can anyone tell?

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:24 PM   #20

Minnesota
my pictures would not copy
seeing if I get get one as my avaitar .
Nope that did not work either.

I forgot how to do this I guess.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
California
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
Quote:
John, I lived in SoCal for eleven years. I'll take the cold and snow in Iowa, thanks!

Roger
Roger,
There is no contest! Iowa wins over Orange County, were I lived for 17 years, or the LA Basin any day.
John
Old 03-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #22

Trailer: 2007 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
"Oh, forced retirement in 3 years. The agony of being forced to retire at 57. Federal law enforcement, the only job that they can fire you from due to age. Any other employer would be hauled to court for age discrimination."

I was a paramedic and my wife is a firefighter. We retire at age 50 if you want to. They like to get rid of dead wood I guess. In California, Police, Troopers, EMS, and Fire get to retire between 50 -55 depending on your department. The military is 20 years or at least it was.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #23

Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
Roger, in So California it is hot and no We northerners could all be camping if living there. I want that southern warmth (but I have to work).
And THAT, Karalyn, is exactly the problem with SoCal. Back in the 'good ol' days' you could go out into the desert for two weeks camping and not see another soul the whole time. Now, Anza-Borrego is like living in the 'burbs.

Rog
Old 03-02-2007, 10:04 PM   #24

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Back in the 'good ol' days' you could go out into the desert for two weeks camping and not see another soul the whole time. Now, Anza-Borrego is like living in the 'burbs.

Rog
Roger
You gotta go out a little farther, but ALL of the desert hasn't quite filled up.
Attached Thumbnails
Desert_Camping.jpg  
Old 03-02-2007, 11:50 PM   #25

Minnesota
Well, I would not want to be out in the desert alone. In a nice campground is more to my thinking. I would not want to be the only camper in the desert,just in case something bad happened, or some bad person came along. I like a little company, and knowing there is help close by in case it is needed. I guess I was thinking more of someplace with trees, and water like a river or lake and other humans near by. Not in the middle of no mans land all alone.
I just want some nice warm sunshine, and no snow. Spring fever has definately set in.
Oh, by the way it is snowing again here. I think we must have gotten over 30 inches this past week.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:02 AM   #26

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 13 ft / 2005 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Scallan
Talking

It's 6 A.M. at the outside temp is 72.1 and expected to go to about 83-85..........we will get a cold front next week all the way down to 60 degrees............nice weather, but beleive it or not, I miss the snow and 15-20 weather sometimes.......I hve five acres for sale here in SW Florida in case anyone is interested.

LIFE IS GOOD!
Old 03-03-2007, 06:56 AM   #27

Iowa
Quote:
Roger
You gotta go out a little farther, but ALL of the desert hasn't quite filled up.
Nice shot!

Rog