snow pics - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
well its snowing again...... Just a few pics at home This is alot for our area! Lets see more snow pics where you live!!

I have already taken off 12" or so what little snow we get wont pile up

Click image for larger version

Name:	trailersnow2008.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	17297

Another view

Name:	trailersnow2008_2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	17298

My house

Name:	house_snow_2008.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	17299
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Burro Widebody (bought in Ohio. Drove home Spring 2009!)
Great pics! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

It's beautiful when everything is covered in fluffy white - but even I do get tired of shoveling it after awhile. After that it's playtime on a sledding hill somewhere close by!

reinhold m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Nice pictures Christi!

I never get tired of looking at other people's snow pictures.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
well its snowing again...... Just a few pics at home This is alot for our area! Lets see more snow pics where you live!!

I have already taken off 12" or so what little snow we get wont pile up
The weather person on the CBC (TV) noon-time news just said we're likely to have a white Christmas in all the cities in Canada for the first time in 40 years. I can tell you it's been about a dozen years since we've had a white Christmas here in my part of BC (the metro Vancouver area). I don't miss them!

The snow in my backyard is up to my knees. It's still snowing like mad and it's supposed to turn to rain later today then freeze again overnight. This is NOT why I live on the sunny South-West Coast! (and we've already had one session without power this morning

But it sure is pretty. Now I have to shovel the driveway again so the kids can come for dinner.

All the best to all of you fine folks.

Dave
(my tow and trailer...)
Attached Thumbnails
Subaru_Christmas_Eve.jpg   Trillium_Christmas_Eve.jpg  

David Swinnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #5

Name: Phil
Trailer: 17ft 98 Casita FD
Texas
i love pics like that..

i hope others will post up there campers in the snow
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:25 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
David, that's a beautiful photo. From my days of living in tropical southern Minnesota, I know the big snowfalls are both awe-inspiring and lovely, but a pain at the same time....
Your Trillium looks so cute (and dwarfed) by that big pine on the right.
Thanks for sharing! And, I hope you have a wonderful holiday dinner with the kids.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #7

Trailer: Former 1978 Trillium 4500 owner (now 2010 R-pod)
Ontario
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3225.JPG  
Old 12-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita
The entire watchman campground was empty this month... the 20th.
I love the heater in my egg! hehehehe
Attached Thumbnails
medium_res.jpg  
ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #9

Wow...Utah is gorgious!!!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #10

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
The Diary of a Snow Shoveler

December 8 - 6:00 PM. It started to snow. The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our tea and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print. So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9 - We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the whole world? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had. Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a boy again. I did both our driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the snowplow came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again. What a perfect life.

December 12 - The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such a disappointment. My neighbor tells me not to worry, we'll definitely have a white Christmas. No snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow again. I don't think that's possible. Bob is such a nice man, I'm glad he's our neighbor.

December 14 - Snow lovely snow! 8" last night. The temperature dropped to -20. The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The snowplow came back this afternoon and buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in shape this way.

December 15 - 20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4x4 Blazer. Bought snow tires for the wife's car and 2 extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that's silly. We aren't in Alaska, after all.

December 16 - Ice storm this morning. Fell on my butt on the ice in the driveway putting down salt. Hurt sooooo bad. The wife laughed for an hour, which I think was very cruel.

December 17 - Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere. Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I should've bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to her. God I hate it when she's right. I can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room.

December 20 - Electricity's back on, but had another 14" of the horrid stuff last night. More shoveling. Took all day. Stupid snowplow came by twice. Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're lying. Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a snow blower and they're out. Might have another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob says I have to shovel or the city will have it done and bill me. I think he's lying.

December 22 - Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of the white stuff fell today, and it's so cold it probably won't melt till August. Took me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I had to stop and help my wife. By the time I got back out there again I was too tired to shovel. Tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of the winter; but he says he's too busy. I think the jerk is lying.

December 23 - Only 2" of snow today. And it warmed up to 0. The wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house this morning. What? Is she nuts!!!?? Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She says she did but I think she's lying.

December 24 - 6". Snow packed so hard by snowplow, I broke the shovel. Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the idiot who drives that snowplow I'll drag him through the snow by his hair and beat him to death with my broken shovel. I know he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then he comes down the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over where I've just been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas carols with her and open our presents, but I was too busy watching for that rotten snowplow.

December 25 - Merry -GROAN- Christmas! 20 more inches of the white slop tonight. Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. I hate the snow! Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation and I hit him over the head with my shovel. The wife says I have a bad attitude. I think she's lost her mind. If I have to watch "It's A Wonderful Life" one more time, I'm going to stuff her into the microwave.

December 26 - Still snowed in. Why on earth did I ever move here? It was all HER idea. She's really getting on my nerves.

December 27 - Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze, plumber came after 14 hours of waiting for him, he only charged me 1,400 to replace all my pipes.

December 28 - Warmed up to above -20. Still snowed in. THE WOMAN I MARRIED is driving me crazy!!!

December 29 - 10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30 - Roof caved in. I beat up the snowplow driver! He is now suing me for a million dollars for the beating I gave him !!! The wife went home to her mother. 9" predicted.

December 31 - I set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.

January 8 - Feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. But wonder why I am tied to the bed?
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #11

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Talking

Roger Roger Roger....tsk tsk tsk----we're going to have to snip that Norman Rockwell button off your lapel.
Attached Thumbnails
snowFEB3a.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #12

oh gosh.. thats the best snow story i have heard yet!! You really made my day with a few giggles!! thanks for sharing...
Old 12-30-2008, 04:12 AM   #13

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Even WE have enjoyed some snow here on the Central Coast of California, where we talk about camping all year (and will head out for camp next week, just like last). Here's what we found after a one-hour drive via 4x4 into the mountains east of here. This was on the RIDGE...as good as it gets. And it doesn't happen every year, so we had to run and take advantage of it while we could!

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:45 AM   #14

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Burro Widebody (bought in Ohio. Drove home Spring 2009!)
Quote:
December 30 - Roof caved in. I beat up the snowplow driver! He is now suing me for a million dollars for the beating I gave him !!! The wife went home to her mother. 9" predicted.

December 31 - I set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.

January 8 - Feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. But wonder why I am tied to the bed?
Roger! it's still early on the 30th! it's not too late to shovel off the roof and change the future!... ooooh, what's that sound? keeeeerraaack! whoooomp! ok - too late.

PS - NEVER shovel the sidewalk until after the plow goes by.

PPS - my electricity very rarely goes out. and then only usually because someone crashes their car into a utility pole or power box. but we do have that wood stove, just in case!

Name:	cookinletmtsusitna.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	17335

upper Cook Inlet and Mt. Susitna (aka 'Sleeping Lady') looking west from near downtown

reinhold m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #15

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
We didn't get much, but since it is so rare to have snow in Houston, here are the pics I took...

<span style="color:#666666">http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.a...;localeid=en_US</span>

I don't know why I skipped taking a photo of the Scamp in the drive way...duh! I really liked the banana trees with snow on them, it was such an unusual sight for us.

April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #16

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft

Name:	P1010017a.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	352.1 KB
ID:	17338

I thought I would share my "white" Christmas picture.
Sorry I couldn't manage to get my egg into the picture.
Nancy H128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #17

Trailer: 1973 Bug-eyed Boler
We were driving to my parents on Christmas day and saw this Surf Side in a driveway. When we got to my parents house we saw that my little egg (Boler if you can't tell) was a bit covered too!

Attached Thumbnails
Surf_Side.jpg   Boler_Snow.jpg  

Gail S. is offline   Reply With Quote