So how many miles have to traveled or plan to travel this camping season? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #15

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon G View Post
I don't keep track of our camping mileage. We just go.

That's how I am about mpg, don't keep track! If there is someplace I wanna go, I go.....................

Old 06-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #16

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RB and Bigfoot 21RB
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
if resort is in the name of the rv park it is usually in only price not amenities.

I agree completely that "resort" is generally a term applied to "Over priced". It assumes that you will arrive and STAY there, to swim in their pool, sit on their lounge chairs, play golf at their course, etc.

That is just not going to be happening. We'd be as bored to death there as we usually are at State Parks, BLM, Corps of Engineers etc.

Just want a place that is close to whatever attractions we want to visit, and has sewer, water, 30A power, internet and a decent selection of restaurants located reasonably nearby.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #17

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
In 2012 about 3000 miles so far. Planning on Colorado in August unless the whole place has burned up. Easily another 1500 after that. Gotta spend the money so the kids don't get it.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Planning on Colorado in August unless the whole place has burned up.

The way it's going, it just might happen! Geesh! Wish mother nature would throw a little rain our way........
Old 06-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #19

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Carol H, seems like you have been on a lot of camping/glamping adventures this season. Though we didn't see any glamping pic's! I was looking forward to those.
Nope no National Glamping Week-end photos to share - protecting the innocent - but I promise it was fun.....

I actually dont keep a log of actual miles traveled or MPG either - except if it was a very notable day for mileage- ie went more than 400 miles in a day which I dont like to do to often. I keep in the log book where I went and with whom and makes notes of where I might or might not stay if I was to go back to the same area again. My car has a computer that keeps track of total miles and MPG for each trip so I have a pretty good idea what the totals where. I also note in the log any maintenance I did - such as new battery, tires or wheels repacked etc. time flies and it hard to remember sometimes when maintenance items where last addressed without keeping notes on it. With the log book I can come up with a rough mileage bases on where I went to determine if the bearings need repacking or how long the battery has been in use.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #20

[QUOTE=Carol H;317927]Nope no National Glamping Week-end photos to share - protecting the innocent - but I promise it was fun.....

QUOTE]

Not fair! The only destination I know of where what happens doesn't get shared is Vegas! And I know you weren't glamping in Vegas! Spill........
Old 06-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #21

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Not fair! The only destination I know of where what happens doesn't get shared is Vegas! And I know you weren't glamping in Vegas! Spill........
Actually I did camp in Vegas last December but you need to add Whistler to the list of places that where what happens stays
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Actually I did camp in Vegas last December but you need to add Whistler to the list of places that where what happens stays

Not fair! Just sayin! Remember I started this post so I could live vicariously thru those of you who are out camping this year! Your not playing fair!

And I am thinking you are not one of the innocent parties here?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #23

Name: emily
Trailer: 2010 SCAMP
Georgia
How did you like Sebring? Are you going this year?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #24

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Oswego, NY
Registry
18,721.4 miles in 2011, and 16,255.4 in 2012. Will be less next year since I need to stay in the east...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #25

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Since July of 2011 we visited 33 states, 2 provinces and 3 fiberglass rallies, about 25,000 miles.

Nov 2012 thru July 2013 we'll cover 13-20 states, 3 provinces (including Newfoundland) and 2 fiberglass rallies, probably about 10,000 miles.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #26

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Arizona
Since we bought our Scamp 5er in the middle of Nov., in the middle of Washington State, we have traveled about 2,100 miles. We have camped in the trailer with a small heater, purchased at WalMart, down to 29F. Since I don't know when you mean by this season, we also have a number of shorter trips planned before Christmas, Feb. to Quartzside, and in March to a gathering in Congress, AZ. Right now we have rented a small house in Prescott, AZ., to spend some time close to my mother-in-law. the spring we will probably head east, then north. I expect to put about 6-8,000 miles on in 2013. We have lived in Scamp for about 2 weeks since we purchased it and even though both my wife and I are 6'1" we have enough plenty of head room and find the forward bed big enough for us as well as the dog when we sleep.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #27

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
trips

We made a trip of 1200 miles this spring (May) through Wisconsin ,Illinois and Iowa .We made a 2500 mile trip in September through Wisconsin , Michigan "our last", Canada and New York . Plus 4 or 5 short trips this summer (300 miles or less per trip) A total of 5 to 6 thousand miles this summer. There is 16 " of snow on the ground here so we're waiting for spring to start again
Old 12-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #28

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
I don't know how many miles we traveled but all of our camping is within a 5 to 6 hour drive from where we live. I am not retired so work limits me to 3 day weekends. That being said there is a lot to see within a 5 hour drive from where we live in southern tear of NY. Lots of history, world class sight seeing and camping, Niagara Falls, NY City, and even at least up until hurricane sandy hit a world class beach.