So how many miles have to traveled or plan to travel this camping season? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat

Old 12-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #43
Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
With my lil vardo I built, In the last year I did close to 3900 miles. Now several of the outings were to a friends house an hour and a half away for weekends...(I like haveing my own space) But several 3 hours trips to Pa, where friends own part of a mountain top and for $20, get lunch on saturday and dinner and a keg of beer... huge bonfire and music and bellydanceing... not too shabby! Same thing with friends who own land upstate NY(5hrs)...

I have thoroughly enjoyed camping this last year and thats why I am moveing up to a larger trailer I can stand in and have a shower! All the rest of them are tent camper's well sooner or later someone would make the move lol...

deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #44
Name: Tom
Trailer: 1999 Casita Spirit Deluxe
South Carolina
We are new to fiberglass RV world. We bought our Casita in May 2012, so far have taken 4 weekend trips, all within 100 miles of our home in Florence, SC. We're fortunate that there are such cool places so close. With 4 kids (2 in college) we're limited in time and money! I am so relaxed when camping, though....all concerns seem, well, less concerning, when I'm off the grid! This year we will go a little further, a trip to the Smoky Mountains for the Egg Camper Club ralley in the Spring and maybe a another trip to western North Carolina. We'll do SC state parks as usual, too. After years of tents and popups, it's great to not have to spend so much time doing setup! We leave stuff in the camper and pretty much hitch and go. Our experience has been that we are more prone to go when "setup" is simplified. Looking forward to 2013!

GerthT is offline   Reply With Quote