So Responsive! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
So Responsive!

Gosh, I'm starting to wish I could buy from several, if not all, of the egg manufacturers. They are SO responsive to questions here on the forum and if you email them and know that the big manufacturers of the stick-built don't respond or at least that is the what happened when I contacted them. It was always "contact your local dealer for that information". I don't know about you but I have been on dealer lots and it is not fun at all! It just seems they just want to overwhelm you so you are confused and they could sell you a Little Red Wagon and you would leave delighted, well, at least until you realized what you did. Chances are that salesman will be long gone or unreachable when you are looking for him. Now, dealing with the company direct, well, that guy will likely be there if you have a problem or aren't happy with your purchase so he/she invests more time and energy in the whole process. I worked for a stick-built 5th wheel/travel trailer manufacturer (small one) and the "personal" touch and the ability to customize went a long, long way in getting business especially repeat business and many customers had been referred by other owners after seeing their units. You really got to appreciate good customer service these days!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #2

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
well, i have only delt with scamp so i can't swear to all that.
but i know i felt like i was talking to someone that really wanted to make sure my camper was exactly what i want. didn't try to push extras. answered even my dumbest questions with respect.

i think i will like wayne when i meet him next month.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Cathy, not sure where you are in Kansas but if you ever want to step inside of a 1991 16 foot Scamp and are near Kansas City (I'm in Shawnee, KS), drop me a line and I'd be glad to show you ours. We replaced all of the laminate on the doors, reupholstered everything and we're currently putting in a cork floor. Heck, we'll even let you lay on the bed if you want! Just wanted to throw the offer out there. I know I would have liked to seen one before i purchased but I bought one without ever having been inside one.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks Bryan L., I'll keep that in mind. We are in Fort Scott - this is not my home and usually when not required to use my actual name for a screen name, I use "Anywhere Else". Housing market is slow here. Now, I've lived a lot of places but the only places that inspired me were campgrounds and no one was living in those areas permanently. Gosh, I never want to get caught in an area again and not be able to get away from it! Hoping to move our son to services in Abilene - we really like Salina to Junction city area.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #5

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
We have an Egg Camper. All our factory contact has been with the company president, both by email & in person. To me, that raises the confidence level. On our first factory visit he insisted that I get down so that I could see everything on the underside of the trailer. Lots better than dealing with a lackey.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote