Sob... trailer... sob... put away... sob... for the season - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #21

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Mine sits in the backyard, plugged in and ready to be used as a quiet place to get away. If we get a big snow storm I sometimes turn on the heat to loosen the snow, then use a brush to remove some of the snow from the roof.

Sometimes we even go winter camping!

-- Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:07 AM   #22

Trailer: 1994 Lil Bigfoot and 1967 Traveleze Royal Traveler
In the past two years since buying the LittleFoot, my best outing has been going to the coast and sitting in the rain in January. (Oregon Gathering definitely excluded!) I can hardly wait for January 2007.

I feel incredibly lucky to live where I can use my egg year-round. Winterize? I'd move first.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:20 AM   #23
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Fortunately, I don't have to deal with the major wintery stuff like some of you, but (unfortunately) I live just a tad too far north in Texas to ignore winter altogether. I have been dragging my feet in draining the system and plugging in the pink stuff IV, but it was 38*F this morning, so the time is drawing near. Thankfully, I can leave it here at home (under a canopy) so I can still go camping even though it's winterized. Sometimes, I take little 5 minute camping trips by just going out into my trailer, taking a few deep breaths, and re-centering myself.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:08 PM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
"Ches... merely burying them in snow for preservation is NOT an acceptable storage solution! "

No I agree---I winterize first then bury in snow.Works for me.After all they were made to be used outside.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Quote:
Sometimes we even go winter camping!

-- Dan Meyer
Dan - I notice you're from the Twin Cities too. I wouldn't mind trying winter camping but concerned about all the salt that MN dumps on the roads. Has it had any ill affects with your Scamp?
Nancy Merigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #26

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
The Eggloo is all winterized, I just have to pull it down to the storage yard. Will throw a cover over it and a support pole inside in a couple of weeks or so. It will stay that way until late Feb. when we start packing to head south!!
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:15 PM   #27

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 15 ft
Send a message via ICQ to Ken James
We added this picture to this thread because we do store our trailer in the parking lot. What is different is that white stuff. Here in Victoria on Vancouver Island that is quite an event. I wanted to record it for all time.

When I look out at the Tril I want to go throw a blanket over the little thing to keep it warm.
Attached Thumbnails
snow_2.jpg  
Ken James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:16 PM   #28

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
i guess mine isnt going anywhere either.... snow doesnt fall here to often either. just all around us.... we only had about 3 inches if that.... they said more tonite then cold ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	snow_on_scamp.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	5587
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:22 PM   #29

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
We added this picture to this thread because we do store our trailer in the parking lot. What is different is that white stuff. Here in Victoria on Vancouver Island that is quite an event. I wanted to record it for all time.

When I look out at the Tril I want to go throw a blanket over the little thing to keep it warm.
Ken, Victoria didn't look like that when I was there in August... what happened?

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:29 PM   #30

Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Season, what's a season? We just switch from mountain camping to desert camping.
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #31

Trailer: Boler 1984
My wife and I have been visiting {sans trailer} in Edmonton for the last month. We are ready to fly back to Ontario tomorrow. Away from the snow and - 27 temperatures. Back to plus 10, green grass and some leaves still on the trees.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:39 PM   #32

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel

Click image for larger version

Name:	snowytrailer.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	5590

View out my office window this morning.

(The oil-type heater and dehumidifier are running in the trailer.)

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #33

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
My Burro is on the driveway, with pink stuff (not too much) in the tank and in the one short drain line.
It is hoping that we will have one of those bizzarre mild winters with 70 degree weekends so it can go out.
It nags me every morning when I go out to the car, "Take me somewhere"

Sniff,sniff
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:03 PM   #34

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Our Boler is "Bawling" Its 55*F. out here and I'm all covered up Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:38 AM   #35

Trailer: 2004 Scamp Side Dinette 16 ft / 2006 Honda Pilot
My 16 ft. Scamp is sitting in a parking spot in my new (to me) driveway here at our new home. It is foggy and a little rainy, 40 degrees at the eastern beginning of the Berkshire Mountains. We are at about 1100 feet, which does not qualify as an ant hill west of the Mississippi. But here it brings cold and snow before the valleys and cities.

I "winterized" it before moving here a couple of weeks ago. But, we are still using it. Bought a house with four bedrooms (two that can be shut off when not in use) so we can accomodate everyone when they come home for summers and holidays, now that they are adults and have children in some cases. So, for the first holiday here, Thanksgiving, who didn't get a bedroom? That's right, my wife and I.

Actually, we volunteered to sleep out in the camper. Temperature went down into the twenties the two nights we were out there. But, using a small, and I mean small, ceramic style electric heater, we were warmer than if we had stayed in the house. We enjoy cooler sleeping. I had the heater down to its minimum and we were very fine.

I even had a window open which let the sound of the brook that dominates the property sail us away.

I think I may just leave the camper where it is, cover the tires and do what the manufacturer suggests about jacking. Could be someone will be out there at Christmas. I should have bought a hotel.
RonnieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:58 AM   #36

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Boy, it's sure easy to spot who lives in sunny California and who lives where the snow is deep ! lol ! As I write this, snow is actually falling here in the mountains of eastern Arizona. Soon it will be too deep to safely navigate the local roads, let alone try to go somewhere with the trailer. SIGH ! I can hardly wait intil the start of Spring. Meanwhile, our little get-away house sits comfortably in the garage, waiting patiently. Hey, I was wondering if you folks who live in S. Calif would like to plan a trip across the northern States this winter? Looks like Ben Idle would be prepared for such a jaunt, he has tank treads on his rig !
Donald Stahl is offline   Reply With Quote