sold my 16 casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #1

Trailer: Former U-Haul and Casita owner (now Class C Motorhome)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Stewart
hi all, been a long time n much has happened to me. i got sick in july and 3 hospitals later and lots of tests, they found out i had guillain barre. its caused by the flu or a flu shot. its a disease of the nerve ending and very painful. thank god for health insurance. i had to sell my casita, needed the money, but i'm on the road to recovery, this happened in july, i still have trouble walking, but hopefully i'll make a full recovery! and as soon as i'm back on my feet, i'll need a new camper, n i'll travel almost anyplace for another one. hope everyone has a great holiday.
Tom Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
We're so sorry to hear about your health troubles. All our best wishes are with you for a full recovery.

Jeanne and Steve
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Sorry to hear about your troubles but glad there is another camper in your future. Good luck on a full recovery!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
hi all, been a long time n much has happened to me. i got sick in july and 3 hospitals later and lots of tests, they found out i had guillain barre. its caused by the flu or a flu shot. its a disease of the nerve ending and very painful. thank god for health insurance. i had to sell my casita, needed the money, but i'm on the road to recovery, this happened in july, i still have trouble walking, but hopefully i'll make a full recovery! and as soon as i'm back on my feet, i'll need a new camper, n i'll travel almost anyplace for another one. hope everyone has a great holiday.
My wife's aunt had that. She was completely paralyzed for a while and even had to have help breathing. She fully recovered. I'm sure you will, too. Sorry you had to sell your Casita. Hope you can buy another one soon!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #5

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Tom,

My sister (who I am very close to) had it about 5 years ago. Although the doctors never said outright, "You have Guillain Barre". They sort of got there through the process of elimination. Anyway, she spent 7 days in the ICU and then had many weeks recovering at home. She continued to have "episodes", as we called them, for about 2 years. They did spread out to farther and farther apart. She has had some lingering effects that while no doctor has said they are from the GB, we are all pretty sure that they are. The good news is that she is no longer effected in her daily life. She has become very diligent with her diet and I'm sure that has had a lot to do with her continued good health. All the best to you, think positive and take good, daily care of yourself.

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita