Sold my Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
The little 16 footer went down the road on Sunday afternoon. I felt kinda bad seeing it go, but now I am off to a new project. Got a Casita. I feel a little like a duck out of water in Scamp country with a Casita. But-----------I did it. Now I have to learn all the new to me items like water, water heater, bath, fantastic fan, fridge and heater that my old Scamp did not have. I am thinking life was simpler in the Scamp. Actually I had more storage room also. I am now learning how to cut down some on my carry on's.
The Scamp is headed to California. Not sure why the couple chose to drive clear out here to buy my Scamp, but he wanted it bad enough to drive this far to get it. I hope they have a safe trip home and hope they enjoy it as much as I did.
I spent the better part of the day today out packing the new to me 16 ft Spirit deluxe Casita. Even the hubby is talking about going camping to try it out. He would not even think of going with me before. We shall see. I will believe it when I see him in the campground.
Camping season will soon be upon us here in the northland.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Out with the old, in with the new!

Your Scamp will be fine. Enjoy the Casita!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:47 AM   #3

Trailer: Love Bug / Chevy Astro

Did you tell the new California owners about this site? It would be interesting to hear about the travels of your old trailler and to make sure that the adoptive parents are worthy. If they are abusive, we could call Egg protective services.
Bob Cupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:24 AM   #4

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Congratulations on your new Casita, Karalyn! Did you post a photo of it in the rigs thread? Glad the old Scamp got a good adoptive family.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:08 AM   #5

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Your husband doesn't go with you??!! Oy!

My wife and I were supposed to go camping this week, but our son had to have us at home at the last minute for tests for college, and so we couldn't go. I seriously considered taking the Casita by myself to the mountains, but the more I thought about a few days without my wife as I sat on a mountaintop, the more depressed I got. So here I am spending the weekend at home with my family. Better to be happy here in town than depressed in the mountains.

You will love your Casita! It's great to have a toilet and shower when you are camping in a place that doesn't have hot showers. I do a lot of hiking, and when I get back to camp it is wonderful to be able to climb into the shower and wash off. You're going to be even happier with the new Casita!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp