Sold Renee's Egg - "The Omulet" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-18-2005, 03:43 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Really nice family of 4, from Mt Hood/Gorge area, bought Renee's Scamp today. On their way home as I type. Congratulations to the Barry P. Family, on the purchase of their first egg!

Could not let them leave, without HOLDING Carrie, they were amazed - as is everyone who comes in contact with her!

Wishing them the very best of the Holiday Season!!
Elsie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:13 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Elsie, did you by chance hear from the new owners of the Scamp...after they got home? I'm hoping the trip went well for them. We're having horrendous winds here in East County...Portland, OR Gusts easily 60mph. I'm listening to my cedar shake roof peel off like layers of an onion

Anybody need any kindling???
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:58 AM   #3

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Donna

It's windy on the west side too!

We woke Sunday morning to find that one of our 200 year old cedars was on our neighbors house.

The tree snapped during the winds the night before and fell on their house. No real damage to the house, but the tree was totaled.

Paul
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:15 AM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Thats it. I am going back south...

Oh.. and Congrats! To the new owners.. lucky folks.. they live on the gorge AND have an egg.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:38 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Thats it. I am going back south...
Tell me you're joking Kennedy School is further downtown than where I am, besides the building is stucco/concrete..we'll be safe from the winds.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:41 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
New owners made it home fine, just a couple of problems. Had to stay over night in Pland, because of freezing rain, and high winds... the high winds in fact, lasted thru the next day too. The door of the Scamp, even though locked, flew open while going thru the gorge. Thank GOD that never happened to us. I would have caca'd my pants. Anyway they are home safe.

I never saw this post again until just now, Renee told me today it was here, sorry, but we've had problems here too, with the wind. Busy coming and going. We have very, very tall fir trees, in back & on one side of our mobile, it scares me really bad when the winds get up to over 50MPH. Seems like it's been gusting to over 70 all week. Jetta trembles & shakes when the cones tumble across the entire length of the mobile, in fact we all do! We just keep watching the weather, & praying nothing "lands on us."
Elsie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:23 AM   #7

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Can't imagine why such high winds - are the politicians out there campaigning already?
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper