Some 13' Scamp Questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #1

Name: Matthew
Trailer: In the market
New Jersey
Some 13' Scamp Questions

Hello All,

My wife and I are considering ordering a new 13' Scamp and we have a few questions we'd like to throw out to the community.

1. Anyone in the NJ/Philadelphia Area have one that wouldn't mind showing it off? We've never been in a scamp and are trying to find one in the area to check out.
2. What options would you have added/omitted if you had the choice to do it again? We are debating on if the AC and awning are worth the extra weight. We have a 2012 Forester and are trying to keep the weight down. So far our options would be the option package, extra front cabinet, outside outlet, furnace, 1 or 2 extra side cabinets, cable tv hook up, fantastic fan and I think that's about it I think.
Thank you all!!
Fegbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #2

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
We added the front washroom. No awning or ac. Didn't find we needed either and didn't like the look.
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #3

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
well, my wife needs the ac for her breathing, and personaly a few times during the summer i could have gotten up on top and kissed that thing.
we got the city water option so we don't have to carry water. and the couch / bunk up front. most of the time we leave the dinette in sleep mode and the couch is nice to sit on. we always camp where there are restrooms and showers, as we don't want the extra pounds to carry, and i don;t want to fool with waste.
now if you choose not to get air,, get a cabinet front and rear that way you have extra storage. otherwise the option package fits you out quite nicely.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Give Scamp a call I believe they have a referral system the same as a number of the manufactures who only sell direct from their factory. They will match you up with a current owner in your area - most of the manufactures will give them a little kick back of some sort for doing it- discount on next trailer or parts or something.

There is a thread here where people state what mods they have done to their trailer since purchase - many of which are options that could have been put on the trailer to start with.

Although I have a 16' the options you have listed so far are also all my must have. I had to add the Fantastic Fan & outside outlet to mine and I recently purchased a front overhead bin, it already had the rear ones. 3 way fridge is a must for me as well as I want to have lots of options for where I camp. LED lights would be another need. If Scamp offers pre wiring for a solar panel I would get that as well - another item I added.

For me the Fantastic Fan does the trick as I also need to keep the trailer weight down. Would not want to live without the awning though!! Love it both in the rain and in the sun for extra shade. It more often than not the one thing friends who dont have them claim to want - so they end up packing a pop up canopy instead which in many cases weighs more than the awning.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: 13' 2012 Scamp
Wisconsin
Here's our experience buying a new 13' scamp, what we ordered, customizations made, and pics.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ner-49031.html
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp