Somebody knows Armadillo B-C - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-23-2015, 10:59 AM   #1

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Somebody knows Armadillo B-C

http://www.armadillotrailers.net

I understand it's replacement for Boler...
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
I wouldn't call it a Boler replacement rather a Boler copy.
They are using Lil' Bigfoot molds and from what I understand custom building each unit right now.
Another manufacturer to consider if you are in the market for a 13' FGRV
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:17 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Its nice to see another BC manufacture building Fiberglass trailers and that they are building them to the customers wants & needs but when one looks at the base price and cost of the options I am not overly optimistic as to the level of demand they will have.

Old Bolers are pretty easy to locate in these parts and folks do fix & dress them up themselves a lot. Additionally there is a very POPULAR fiberglass trailer manufacturer not to far from them who's base pricing includes many optional items found on the Armadillo making it more attractive pricing package.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:16 PM   #4

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
....but when one looks at the base price and cost of the options I am not overly optimistic as to the level of demand they will have.

......Additionally there is a very POPULAR fiberglass trailer manufacturer not to far from them who's base pricing includes many optional items found on the Armadillo making it more attractive pricing package.
Good points Carol. I did a little price comparing. Of course, you can't do a straight apples-to-apples comparison here because the Escape 17 isn't the same trailer, but you can do a relatively accurate comparison.

Two items that are stock with the "comfort package" on the Armadillo which are not stock on the Escape are the Stainless Sink/faucet, and the stereo. Escape charges $370 CAD for this.

Numerous optional items on the Armadillo are standard on the Escape, and these items total about $4710 CAD.

So the rough comparison comes out to $27610 for the Armadillo 13 foot, and for a comparably equipped Escape 17B, it's $23270. However, the Escape has numerous other features not available on the Armadillo, and you also get 4 more feet of room.

The Armadillo looks to be a very well built and quality trailer, but I agree that with the price point it's going to be interesting to see how well they do.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:23 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
And as Escape found out when they where making the trailers smaller than 17' the vast majority of the customers looking to buy a new trailer when presented with their 13' & 15' & 17' side by side went for 17' thus the reason they only made 13' for a couple of years and stopped making a 15' earlier this year as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armadillo