Somebody PINCH me! I think I'm Dreaming! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #15

Name: Cory
Trailer: Decrepit Canoe
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRIZZO View Post
Its the SMURF-MOBILE ! Have fun with your project, RENO is always fun
O.K. Now I'm gonna need a Smurf mascot for the egg. Gee, thanx. I wonder which one would be the best? Handy Smurf? Tracker Smurf? - (Outdoorsy guy), Wild Smurf? ...Ahem... Anyways, thanx for all the comments everyone! I can't wait to get started on the reno! (Next payday is way to far away. A whole WEEK! How can I stand the pressure!?! Aaaag!)

I'll be doing the pine panels again, plus adding a bathroom to the front left again. This time though, I'll be making the bathroom just a WEE bit bigger. I made the door just a bit too narrow on the pine cone. This time the bathroom will extend halfway across the window, instead of one third. (Extra 6 inches or so.) I'm even considering cutting out a section of the upper and lower kitchen cabinets and extending the bathroom towards the back of the Boler with the door for the bathroom kitty cornered. That way, I'd have enough room for a shower in the bath too. Naturally, I'd seal every millimeter of the interior of the bath with the fiberglass that's used on cedar canoes. (Crystal clear.) I'd lose one upper cupboard door, one lower cabinet door, and some counter space. But, I think that having a shower inside would more than make up for that. Plus, I'll be cutting out the middle third of the closet again. (So I can put the sink there.) I'll again put a mini closet to the right of the door as you enter. But I'll make this one a little larger than the one in the Pine Cone. The space left for the itty bitty wood burning stove will be still more than enough. Of course I'll also be putting in the front and rear upper bulkhead storage cabinets again too. And naturally there'll be the built-in speakers, the two subwoofers, the "U" shaped bench with a smaller "dinette" table as opposed to the two opposite benches and the long table. Pretty much everything I did to the Pine cone, I'll do to this Boler, but with more knowledge of what, where, and when.

Righty then, thanx again everybody! And I'll keep ya posted as things come along.

Later!

Oops! P.S. Did I forget to mention that I got the Boler for FREE? Yup you read that right. Free. Wellllll, sorta free. I'm exchanging my assistance for the Boler. I help with working on his 41 foot motor home, I got Boler. Works for me! Anyhoo... Later!

Cheers!

Cory

Old 03-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #16

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Smurfette.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #17

Name: Ken
Trailer: 84BigFoot 5th 2002 travelaire 5th wheel
Alaska
Registry
Cory, was you serious about the wood stove?
Ken
Old 03-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #18

Name: Cory
Trailer: Decrepit Canoe
British Columbia
The Wood Stove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Jr View Post
Cory, was you serious about the wood stove?
Ken
Yup, I'm serious about a wood stove. Here's the one I'm talkin' about.

Sardine by Cory Lindsay, on Flickr

sardinefrontdims by Cory Lindsay, on Flickr

sardinedoorswing by Cory Lindsay, on Flickr

sardinesidedims by Cory Lindsay, on Flickr

When I say itty bitty, I mean ITTY BITTY. - Worlds smallest production cast iron wood stove.

Here's a link to the manufacturer. Traditional Cast Iron Marine Stoves by Navigator Stove Works,Inc. They also have two slightly larger wood stoves, and one diesel / biodiesel stove.

I was planning on putting the Sardine into my first Boler, but never got around to it before selling the egg.

Hey Mike Magee. I don't know about Smurfette. I don't know if I'd want a female constantly looking over my shoulder while I'm working.

Cheers!

Cory