Someone made an ad in the paper - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #15

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Interesting Trillium. Seller says it's #8. Notice it has dual pane (vs. triple) side windows and fixed front and back windows.

From ad:

Date Posted: December 1, 2008
Views: 20

Description: This trailer is a collector, it is #8 year 1971. Needs some TLC. Can be viewed at 2410 Crestview Road, Lakeview Heights. Call Mike 769-6009. $2500

Name:   trillium_1971.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  16.0 KB

http://classifieds.castanet.net/showproduc.../product/367138

Old 12-02-2008, 08:17 PM   #16

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Ah ha! Bringing a dead thread to life because the mystery 2 pane window Trillium trailer has been found - it's a 1971!

1971 Trillium Trailer

Old 12-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #17

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Excellent find Raya - a member found an ad with a Trillium style trailer on it. It had only 2 window panes and we could not figure out what it was.

Newspaper Ad
Old 12-02-2008, 08:45 PM   #18

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Oh neat, a tie-in. Just by the by, these windows also look "taller" to me than those in the (15') Surfside.

I kind of hope someone here takes a look at it or buys it. Then we get to see inside

Booker: Just imagine what kind of funky color the inside might be!
Old 12-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Name: Reace
Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
I had a fellow with an older Trillium stop in at the shop looking for parts. When he was describing some of the things about his trailer, things weren't making sense so I had to go out for a look! Didn't pick up on the windows but I would presume it had the same double pane style. What was odd was there was no front rock shield and a solid front and rear windows. None of the window areas in the shell were flattened out (if that makes sense) for the window to sit flat in the curved wall. The frame was bent at the axle step rather than one stacked on top of the other and welded. The body was also molded to match the bend. There was also no bumper. The frame rails were capped off. Now that could have been a mod at some point but it looked stock. The other thing was the door latch. It was a round style with the door molded to match. This unit did not have a furnace or fridge/ice box. Had me scratchin my head till now....early model!! He is supposed to come by with it one of these days to show the upgrades (furnace and rock shield) so I will try to find out what number it is and year.

Reace
Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Name: Reace
Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Oh yeah....and it only had a 2x2 frame! Now that I think about it....I believe it had wood cabinetry inside, no fiberglass. Man I have to take some memory pills!!! Next time I see it I will grab my camera. When I saw it I thought with the light frame and lack of interior maybe Trillium made some construction trailers.

Reace
Old 12-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #21

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
I think that you'll find that rock shields on the front windows were an optional extra on a lot of Bolers and Trilliums.
The light frames and non stacking caused a lot of cracked frames, at the bend, due to flexing, too. That's one thing that has beefed up on most of the early models to keep them on the road. My later model has 2x4 metal tubing stacked both front and rear making it quite firm and a better platform to support the shell and all the weight that we throw into these things. I don't know about the interior. Maybee it was a 'Previous Owner' reno.