Something Fishy About this Auction - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2006, 10:22 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft U-Haul
Why would somebody "cut & paste" pictures of a Scamp next to a Rocky Mountain stream instead of just taking real exterior pics?

This isn't a referral, I'm just amazed people have bid this Scamp trailer to over $5,000 when some of the pictures are obvious fakes. The dead giveaway is that picture #3 shows mudflaps on the Scamp, but there's no mudflaps on it when you look at picture #2 just before it. You can also tell by the outline of the trailer itself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Scamp-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Strange... very strange.
Buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:37 AM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
some of the pictures are obvious fakes. The dead giveaway is that picture #3 shows mudflaps on the Scamp, but there's no mudflaps on it when you look at picture #2 just before it. You can also tell by the outline of the trailer itself.

Strange... very strange.
I would agree that the pictures of the exterior are fake, and rather good ones too. However, regarding the mud flap, it is possible that all three exterior photos are of the same trailer, but the editing or cropping software that was used could have removed the mud flap on the curb side or the trailer, or it might not even be there???
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #3

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Not sure if it's the same place - but there's an RV dealer in New Mexico somewhere that fairly regularly sells fiberglass RVs on eBay. They ALWAYS do this with their exterior shots - digitally plop them somewhere interesting. One has to admit - it makes for a much more compelling image than a shot of it sitting in a parking lot surrounded by blob-mobiles.

Mike
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:15 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft U-Haul
Personally, I'd rather see the real thing... even if it's in a parking lot.

Pictures can be deceiving.

On a side note, I checked out your Yahoo link, Mike.

Keep up the good work on those trailers!!
Buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:16 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
The "mud flap" isn't a mud flap at all. It's a fiberglass guard to prevent rock damage to the gray water drain tube and valve. There is no drain system on the curb side therefore no need for the guard.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #6

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
The first two shots have exactly the same background, the third shot is the same but flopped so the mountains are on the other side!
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #7

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
It IS apparently a dealership; whether it's the one Mike was thinking of, I'm not sure. I've seen their offerings as well, and they were also the first ones I thought of when I saw the photos. At least they're being honest about it.

From the auction:

Quote:
2005 Scamp 13ft. A/C, Toilet

Do you like the idea of a small, lightweight trailer then the Scamp 13' is the trailer for you. Compact and affordable, the Scamp 13' is great for a small group.... Our service staff will show you how everything works.The pictures you see are of the 2005 Scamp.[b]The background has been changed only.Feel free to call 1-800-605-2280 with any questions. Dan or Aaron.
Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:34 PM   #8

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Yes, that is the Hatch NM dealer, famous for the cut and paste and the proud seller of the "Outhouse Litehouse"
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote