Something going on with ParkLiner? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #15
Member
 
Name: harry
Trailer: New Parkliner owner
North Carolina
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSo View Post
I just spent some time on their site. Man, did they do the cabinets right or what??

Things I like:
tons of cabinets and drawers
14" tires from the factory
3500 axle
better door frame design

Things I don't like:
No counter space (seating for 6 but no room to even make a sandwich?)
Suburban furnace (never again )
icebox (good for canned food)

The basic trailer looks nice, but I would get it sans the furnace, icebox, and cushions, and do that all myself. If it turns out to be well made, the value for the dollar sure looks high!
David
David, reasons please for passing on the furnace and icebox? I'm looking for advice here, as a rank firsttime newbie. I would'nt pay for a furnace or an icebox,[catalytic cube heater & portable RVtype fridge], but I believe they come standard. Is it normal, before ordering, to say skip this, skip that? And get $$ off the bottom line? harry
__________________

__________________
harryjhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Posts: 1,564
Good to hear, we can help you with photos, no problem. We have been waiting a long time for someone to see parkliner and the business first hand. Thanks for the help Harry.
__________________

__________________
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Perry J's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: 16' Casita
California
Posts: 975
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjhere View Post
David, reasons please for passing on the furnace and icebox? I'm looking for advice here, as a rank firsttime newbie. I would'nt pay for a furnace or an icebox,[catalytic cube heater & portable RVtype fridge], but I believe they come standard. Is it normal, before ordering, to say skip this, skip that? And get $$ off the bottom line? harry
The price you pay for the factory Furnace and Refrigerator will be much less than the cost of cobbling something in if you decide you really need or would like them later.
It is much easier to install gas lines, vents and the electrical during the construction.
You also limit you resale ability by not having all the standard goodies.
I only boon doc. The more primative and and off the beaten path the better. I still like to be warm and comfortable and not worry about running out of ice.
Personally I would not buy a new unit without a furnace or refrigerator.
If your going to full time travel I would think the convenience of both would outweigh the money possibly saved,
John
__________________
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #18
Member
 
Name: harry
Trailer: New Parkliner owner
North Carolina
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J View Post
The price you pay for the factory Furnace and Refrigerator will be much less than the cost of cobbling something in if you decide you really need or would like them later.
It is much easier to install gas lines, vents and the electrical during the construction.
You also limit you resale ability by not having all the standard goodies.
I only boon doc. The more primative and and off the beaten path the better. I still like to be warm and comfortable and not worry about running out of ice.
Personally I would not buy a new unit without a furnace or refrigerator.
If your going to full time travel I would think the convenience of both would outweigh the money possibly saved,
John
Excellent points! An icebox requires ice, right? The fridge is a $675 option. I can do better than that,same as an $895 awning, I'll pass & get a sunblock awning from Academy sports or somewhere, for $79-99.....
__________________
harryjhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Icebox, 3-way... only electric, need propane... whatever. It's all about personal needs and use. I wouldn't give up my case awning for a cheaper popup canopy... but my needs/wants are different than YOURS. Truly, not everything is based on "budget" and thankfully we don't all want the same thing.....
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,046
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjhere View Post
David, reasons please for passing on the furnace and icebox? I'm looking for advice here, as a rank firsttime newbie. I would'nt pay for a furnace or an icebox,[catalytic cube heater & portable RVtype fridge], but I believe they come standard. Is it normal, before ordering, to say skip this, skip that? And get $$ off the bottom line? harry
consider taking the Icebox and then later getting a Danfoss type fridge, they have come way down in price and they don't need no stinking vents!
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Name: David
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Oregon
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjhere View Post
David, reasons please for passing on the furnace and icebox? I'm looking for advice here, as a rank firsttime newbie. I would'nt pay for a furnace or an icebox,[catalytic cube heater & portable RVtype fridge], but I believe they come standard. Is it normal, before ordering, to say skip this, skip that? And get $$ off the bottom line? harry
Harry,
The reason I said pass on the icebox is because they don't work. You'll be lucky to maintain 50 degrees in there in the summer, and that is a recipe for food poisoning. I use mine now for canned food and jerky A refrigerator of some type is a far better option. I think Floyds suggestion is the best, and probably where I will go at some point. I've just started researching them, but I like what I see.
I'm not against a furnace at all, but you should read my thread on the Suburban NT furnaces down in modifications. You can search the web too and find reams of complaints from people about the noise from those furnaces. If you want heat, I would request an Atwood 8012. They are quieter and more efficient. At least research the issue before you spend the money. I wish I had!
Parkliner builds these things apparently one off, so they should be able accommodate you. That is a benefit you can enjoy. But hey, it's just my opinion, you do what you want!
David
__________________
DavidSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Roger C H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Posts: 2,172
Registry
Cool Save 1150 miles

Before driving 1400 miles from North Carolina to Minnesota*, I would take a 250 mile trip to St. Matthews, SC to look at the Lil Snoozy:

Small Travel Trailer: Camper: Smoakin Concepts Composites

*(Actually Rice, Texas is 200 miles closer than Backus.. I know not where in NC you live, so I used Raleigh.)

[Actually #2. I thought that I read Parkliner was out of business, but apparently not.]
__________________
A charter member of the Buffalo Plaid Brigade!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #23
Member
 
Name: harry
Trailer: New Parkliner owner
North Carolina
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSo View Post
Harry,
The reason I said pass on the icebox is because they don't work. You'll be lucky to maintain 50 degrees in there in the summer, and that is a recipe for food poisoning. I use mine now for canned food and jerky A refrigerator of some type is a far better option. I think Floyds suggestion is the best, and probably where I will go at some point. I've just started researching them, but I like what I see.
I'm not against a furnace at all, but you should read my thread on the Suburban NT furnaces down in modifications. You can search the web too and find reams of complaints from people about the noise from those furnaces. If you want heat, I would request an Atwood 8012. They are quieter and more efficient. At least research the issue before you spend the money. I wish I had!
Parkliner builds these things apparently one off, so they should be able accommodate you. That is a benefit you can enjoy. But hey, it's just my opinion, you do what you want!
David
David- that's the kind of input I need! Will research Atwood's & Suburbans. I read about LOUD furnaces..curious how you got that info,what's going into parkliners, from crosscountry....I see I'll be bending Chandlers' ear everywhichway, before showin' any $$! Thanks, h
__________________
harryjhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #24
Member
 
Name: harry
Trailer: New Parkliner owner
North Carolina
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
Before driving 1400 miles from North Carolina to Minnesota*, I would take a 250 mile trip to St. Matthews, SC to look at the Lil Snoozy:

Small Travel Trailer: Camper: Smoakin Concepts Composites

*(Actually Rice, Texas is 200 miles closer than Backus.. I know not where in NC you live, so I used Raleigh.)

[Actually #2. I thought that I read Parkliner was out of business, but apparently not.]
Roger-L'il Snoozy just doesn't 'hit me', aesthetically..Scamp/Casitas, the egginess, hit me 8-10 yrs ago, when I first saw a back'o magazine ad. Never wanted a 'muscle' car, but I'd LOVE to have an old VW! diffrent strokes, diffrent folks, right?
__________________
harryjhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Name: David
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Oregon
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjhere View Post
David- that's the kind of input I need! Will research Atwood's & Suburbans. I read about LOUD furnaces..curious how you got that info,what's going into parkliners, from crosscountry....I see I'll be bending Chandlers' ear everywhichway, before showin' any $$! Thanks, h
I recognized the furnace grill from a photo on the website.
__________________
DavidSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: ParkLiner
North Carolina
Posts: 5
Sorry about the website being down for a bit. We had issues with our domain renewal - the notification email address for domain renewal wasn't right >.> But that's fixed now. Thank goodness for that grace period between expiration and when your domain gets sold off to squatters, right? (That would be a disaster.)

Chandler has smoothed out the production, and has sold a few trailers, yes. (We would love to sell a few more of course - and hope to have more customer referrals too!) Chandler has responded to some initial feedback from our first few customers to tweak some aspects of the interior: a more convenient bunk bed design, easier-to-maintain formica table tops (still marine grade), and ... that's all the changes I'm familiar with at the moment. Oh... he beefed out the tires from the original design too. The website should be current with all the latest info, though.

If you do manage to come visit in Gibsonville, NC, we'll make sure your visit is a nice one! Thank you for continuing to follow us. We put a lot of care into our campers, and we hope that you will enjoy them.

Mike - for Park Liner, Inc.
__________________
ParkLinerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Posts: 878
Registry
Every safe, vented furnace I know of is loud. We don't like to use ours too much, but that's the nature of camping in a tiny trailer.
Extra blankets, or better sleeping bag, is a solution to about 32 degrees or so, with the thermostat set at bare minimum, eliminating, or minimizing, the furnace start. After that, the furnace (noisy as it is) is very welcome, even with the noise.
Sherry
__________________
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,142
I had a hunch it was just a domain payment issue. Glad you caught it quickly.
__________________

__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
parkliner


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Parkliner Photos Sharon G General Chat 30 01-30-2013 10:48 PM
New exterior ParkLiner photos on Facebook nikljones General Chat 5 09-11-2011 11:21 AM
ParkLiner nikljones General Chat 22 08-14-2011 09:14 PM
ParkLiner a New Egg Adrian W General Chat 3 05-02-2011 01:47 PM
Parkliner observation Kevin K General Chat 2 04-23-2011 06:35 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.