Something going on with ParkLiner? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #21

Name: David
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjhere View Post
David, reasons please for passing on the furnace and icebox? I'm looking for advice here, as a rank firsttime newbie. I would'nt pay for a furnace or an icebox,[catalytic cube heater & portable RVtype fridge], but I believe they come standard. Is it normal, before ordering, to say skip this, skip that? And get $$ off the bottom line? harry
Harry,
The reason I said pass on the icebox is because they don't work. You'll be lucky to maintain 50 degrees in there in the summer, and that is a recipe for food poisoning. I use mine now for canned food and jerky A refrigerator of some type is a far better option. I think Floyds suggestion is the best, and probably where I will go at some point. I've just started researching them, but I like what I see.
I'm not against a furnace at all, but you should read my thread on the Suburban NT furnaces down in modifications. You can search the web too and find reams of complaints from people about the noise from those furnaces. If you want heat, I would request an Atwood 8012. They are quieter and more efficient. At least research the issue before you spend the money. I wish I had!
Parkliner builds these things apparently one off, so they should be able accommodate you. That is a benefit you can enjoy. But hey, it's just my opinion, you do what you want!
David
DavidSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool Save 1150 miles

Before driving 1400 miles from North Carolina to Minnesota*, I would take a 250 mile trip to St. Matthews, SC to look at the Lil Snoozy:

Small Travel Trailer: Camper: Smoakin Concepts Composites

*(Actually Rice, Texas is 200 miles closer than Backus.. I know not where in NC you live, so I used Raleigh.)

[Actually #2. I thought that I read Parkliner was out of business, but apparently not.]

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #23

Name: harry
Trailer: New Parkliner owner
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSo View Post
Harry,
The reason I said pass on the icebox is because they don't work. You'll be lucky to maintain 50 degrees in there in the summer, and that is a recipe for food poisoning. I use mine now for canned food and jerky A refrigerator of some type is a far better option. I think Floyds suggestion is the best, and probably where I will go at some point. I've just started researching them, but I like what I see.
I'm not against a furnace at all, but you should read my thread on the Suburban NT furnaces down in modifications. You can search the web too and find reams of complaints from people about the noise from those furnaces. If you want heat, I would request an Atwood 8012. They are quieter and more efficient. At least research the issue before you spend the money. I wish I had!
Parkliner builds these things apparently one off, so they should be able accommodate you. That is a benefit you can enjoy. But hey, it's just my opinion, you do what you want!
David
David- that's the kind of input I need! Will research Atwood's & Suburbans. I read about LOUD furnaces..curious how you got that info,what's going into parkliners, from crosscountry....I see I'll be bending Chandlers' ear everywhichway, before showin' any $$! Thanks, h
harryjhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #24

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
Before driving 1400 miles from North Carolina to Minnesota*, I would take a 250 mile trip to St. Matthews, SC to look at the Lil Snoozy:

Small Travel Trailer: Camper: Smoakin Concepts Composites

*(Actually Rice, Texas is 200 miles closer than Backus.. I know not where in NC you live, so I used Raleigh.)

[Actually #2. I thought that I read Parkliner was out of business, but apparently not.]
Roger-L'il Snoozy just doesn't 'hit me', aesthetically..Scamp/Casitas, the egginess, hit me 8-10 yrs ago, when I first saw a back'o magazine ad. Never wanted a 'muscle' car, but I'd LOVE to have an old VW! diffrent strokes, diffrent folks, right?
Old 11-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #25

Name: David
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Arizona
Quote:
David- that's the kind of input I need! Will research Atwood's & Suburbans. I read about LOUD furnaces..curious how you got that info,what's going into parkliners, from crosscountry....I see I'll be bending Chandlers' ear everywhichway, before showin' any $$! Thanks, h
I recognized the furnace grill from a photo on the website.
DavidSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #26

Name: Mike
Trailer: ParkLiner
North Carolina
Sorry about the website being down for a bit. We had issues with our domain renewal - the notification email address for domain renewal wasn't right >.> But that's fixed now. Thank goodness for that grace period between expiration and when your domain gets sold off to squatters, right? (That would be a disaster.)

Chandler has smoothed out the production, and has sold a few trailers, yes. (We would love to sell a few more of course - and hope to have more customer referrals too!) Chandler has responded to some initial feedback from our first few customers to tweak some aspects of the interior: a more convenient bunk bed design, easier-to-maintain formica table tops (still marine grade), and ... that's all the changes I'm familiar with at the moment. Oh... he beefed out the tires from the original design too. The website should be current with all the latest info, though.

If you do manage to come visit in Gibsonville, NC, we'll make sure your visit is a nice one! Thank you for continuing to follow us. We put a lot of care into our campers, and we hope that you will enjoy them.

Mike - for Park Liner, Inc.
ParkLinerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #27

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Every safe, vented furnace I know of is loud. We don't like to use ours too much, but that's the nature of camping in a tiny trailer.
Extra blankets, or better sleeping bag, is a solution to about 32 degrees or so, with the thermostat set at bare minimum, eliminating, or minimizing, the furnace start. After that, the furnace (noisy as it is) is very welcome, even with the noise.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #28

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
I had a hunch it was just a domain payment issue. Glad you caught it quickly.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #29

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Roger-L'il Snoozy just doesn't 'hit me', aesthetically..Scamp/Casitas, the egginess, hit me 8-10 yrs ago, when I first saw a back'o magazine ad. Never wanted a 'muscle' car, but I'd LOVE to have an old VW! diffrent strokes, diffrent folks, right?
You need this camper, Harry. They make them in the UK.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
dub-box.png  
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #30

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 1977 13-foot Scamp
Washington
There is a Park Liner in western Washington state

The owner of this Park Liner told me it is the first production model. The vehicle information decal says it was built in May of 2011.

I took the pictures of it at a vintage trailer gathering in Carnation, WA on the Fourth of July weekend this year.

I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner about the Park Liner. I also didn't take any pictures of the interior as it was very dark in there and I didn't want to use the flash on the camera. I was hoping to get pictures when it was lighter inside but didn't.

It looks like the axle is a Flexiride made by the Universal Group Corporation.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3348a.jpg   IMG_3349a.jpg  

IMG_3352a.jpg   IMG_3353a.jpg  

IMG_3354a.jpg   IMG_3355a.jpg  

IMG_3356a.jpg   IMG_3468a.jpg  

IMG_3474a.jpg   IMG_3475a.jpg  

Jeff Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #31

North Carolina
Thanks for the pics,Jeff! I think I'm gonna order one of these, when I look at them, end of month. I don't suppose you saw inside? Any impressions you formed, I'd appreciate hearing. This will be my 1st pull behind,& can't afford to swap/change too many times.[no work,disability+life savings]....
harry
Old 11-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #32

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 1977 13-foot Scamp
Washington
I saw the inside of the Park Liner but it was very dark in there with the curtains pulled and parked in the trees. The owner wasn't around and I didn't feel comfortable walking around in his trailer.

The pictures of the interior on the Park Liner web site are very good. I like all the storage cabinets.

I'm sure I'll see this trailer again next year. I'm looking forward to talking to the owner about it.

Jeff
Jeff Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #33

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks, Jeff or maybe one of your teardrop/vintage friends will run into him someday and can mention the forum here. We haven't chatted with a parkliner owner yet here.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner