Sooo Ready!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2008, 10:06 AM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I am sooo ready to go camping!! Its only DEC Go away snow!! Bring on the spring!! 3 more months and counting!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Wow, where do you camp in March on the Wet Coast Chrisi? Our Van Isle weather lends itself to a late April, early May start.

Mind you when I was treeplanting we lived out of an 8' camper from January to June so it can be done =)
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #3

Booker.. i just watch the weather ( ten day forcasts).. I have been camping up the road to Millerslvania or to Ike Kinswa state park.... Have really lucked out with mild weather and no rain!! LOL I might even try Grayland beach who knows..LOL
Old 12-28-2008, 05:48 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Just go, Soooo Ready
I plan to go out this Tuesday and weather has also been mild (only down into the teens at night) in New Hampshire but Camp-site has about 4 inches of ice on the access road so BYOS.... Bring your own sand.
Gerry
Gerry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:11 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hey Guys: You're killing me with this camping talk "Our Escape Hatch" is located about 1hr. away...in a shed tucked in behind several "Bulge Mobile" MoHo's and some farm machinery. We may not see it till May!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:38 AM   #6

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via MSN to christineb
I know just what you mean. If we don't get out in some park or other, I will go nuts. We haven't been out since Sept............argh!
We have to wait to get a hitch in our new truck, then we're outta here, rain or no rain. We'll go to Lincoln City and look for glass floats. Fun, fun ,fun.
Come on along!
Christine
christineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:46 AM   #7

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I would like to get out for an overnighter on New Years weekend but I'm not sure where to go and we really have a lot to do around the house. One of the things being to clean out the Boler...it got used for a storage shed over the holidays.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #8

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980

Just checked the ten day forecast. The coldest morning is for 36 degrees and all the highs are in the mid to high fifties. Good enough for me. Leave Tuesday morning be back Sunday.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE.
Ron Wrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:46 PM   #9

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Trailer out of storage yesterday Basement room is now a marshalling area for everything going into the Sienna We hit the road Saturday...and hit the Keys on Friday Looking forward to three months of sun & sand.
We're hitting Fort De Soto C P late Feb, swinging up to Blue Spring S P , then Daytona area (after Bike Week!!!) Finishing up at St.Augustine's Anastasia S P - and home after Easter.
Tough Gig, but someone's got to kick-start the economy
Happy New Year fellow eggers, enjoy the camping.
Alistair & Inge in The Road Toad
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #10

well you folks that get to take off to the warm county.. how nice.. makes me jealous..LOL
have great new yr and drive safely...

Christineb.. would love to hit Lincoln City.. havent been there in yrs... what parks are there for camping? One of these days I will get brave and go father outta my circle.....
Old 12-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #11

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
I was doing fine with the trailer covered in a foot of snow and four feet deep around it, (From the driveway blowing) BUT it rained Saturday all day and got almost to 60 degrees and the snow is all gone.
NOW I want to go camping..........

When I opened the door to make sure all was well ( it is) the Burro said take me somewhere warm. I'm sure I heard it.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #12

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via MSN to christineb
The State Park in Lincoln City is called Devil's Lake. Nice little park, some soggy areas though this time of year. It's close to downtown, beaches and yay...........The Outlet Center! Woo Hoo. Come on down and look for floats on the beach

Quote:
well you folks that get to take off to the warm county.. how nice.. makes me jealous..LOL
have great new yr and drive safely...

Christineb.. would love to hit Lincoln City.. havent been there in yrs... what parks are there for camping? One of these days I will get brave and go father outta my circle.....
christineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #13

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
We're about to freeze to death here in Florida with temps dropping into the low 60's at night and 75-80 in the daytime comeon down
Old 12-30-2008, 03:08 AM   #14

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
I am sooo ready to go camping!! Its only DEC Go away snow!! Bring on the spring!! 3 more months and counting!!
YUP---- me too--- as I was driving into town today to go drive snowplow for my friend, I thought " Ya know, it would be more fun being in hunting camp watching it snow than doing this........" Carrie agreed when I told her. Must be why I like her. Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:40 AM   #15

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Cool

Quote:
YUP---- me too--- as I was driving into town today to go drive snowplow for my friend, I thought " Ya know, it would be more fun being in hunting camp watching it snow than doing this........" Carrie agreed when I told her. Must be why I like her. Larry
Well, we missed you both on our drive by in August. Maybe you two should pack up and head south. We know some cherry spots to enjoy in the winter.

Sunday Dec. 21 we camped at the beach here.

Next week we're camping at a nearby lake.

We think it'll be cold - you know, maybe even near freezing in the early morning hours, only up into the low-60s midday. Brrr! You can bet we wimpy Californians won't be swimming!

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:28 AM   #16

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Quote:
We think it'll be cold - you know, maybe even near freezing in the early morning hours, only up into the low-60s midday. Brrr! You can bet we wimpy Californians won't be swimming!
Went out for my weekly camp out last night and it was a nice 19 above zero here in New Hamphsire....
Next week they are talking about some moderate cold weather down to 9 blow zero with winds in gusting so wind chill will be down about 30 below....PUT ANOTHER LOG ON THE FIRE, MAW!!!! AND GET ME ANOTHER HOT CCCCCOCO
Gerry
Gerry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #17

Ok I just cant stay home another minute!!! I am headed for the beach this next week for a 3 nite stay!! As I said I am soooooo ready..... Never have gone in Jan.. but weather says high 53 lows 36.. I think I can manage with warm clothes for me and the doggies!!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #18

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Maybe you need to live in CA! I can go camping most any month I want--I'm just a little limited in my choices and I have to watch the weather. But having camped through Oregon and Washington several times, I can see why you don't! You definitely have the best campgrounds up there!

Quote:
Ok I just cant stay home another minute!!! I am headed for the beach this next week for a 3 nite stay!! As I said I am soooooo ready..... Never have gone in Jan.. but weather says high 53 lows 36.. I think I can manage with warm clothes for me and the doggies!!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #19

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Lisa, we were just a few miles away from you last week and we froze to death. Never saw the sun with all the fog and we broke down and bought coats. When we left Oregon we just brought sweatshirts but boy, it is coat time when it doesn't get above 45 all day long. We had to come all the way to LA to see the sun. Even if they did throw an earthquake at us, we are enjoying the sun for a few more days.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #20

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
That's why I said you have to know WHERE to go! In the winter you can't go to the mountains/or can't go easily, you go to the coast because the weather is nice there in the winter. In the summer you can go to the coast or the mountains, though plan on fog at the coast, at least in the mornings. You can't go to the valley in the winter because, as you saw, it's too cold and we never see the sun. In the summer you don't want to be in the valley because it's too stinkin' hot! Really, there's not too many good reasons to camp in the valley anyway, but if you really want to, you can camp there in the spring and fall.

And that, in a nutshell, is California! Hope you had a good time in LA. We had an earthquake? Must have missed it. It has to be a pretty big one to bother a native. I'd much rather deal with them than tornados or hurricanes!

PS The sun shone here today all day long--it was BEAUTIFUL! Haven't had a sunny day in I don't know how many weeks!

Quote:
Lisa, we were just a few miles away from you last week and we froze to death. Never saw the sun with all the fog and we broke down and bought coats. When we left Oregon we just brought sweatshirts but boy, it is coat time when it doesn't get above 45 all day long. We had to come all the way to LA to see the sun. Even if they did throw an earthquake at us, we are enjoying the sun for a few more days.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote