Sort of trailer related - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #15
Name: Michael
Trailer: Amerigo & Trailmanor (popupish)
If you're concerned about rough roads...

Have you looked at any of the smaller dual-purpose bikes?

Or maybe a REAL small conventional bike? (Kawi's Eliminator 125 maybe...)

Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #16
Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Charles the electric "sound" like a good idea butttttttt.... I tried several and found that to haul this 108 lb rear of mine where I wanted/needed to go, was not cool when it ran out of power and I had to push the thing back. You are a bit heavier than me.

I finally got a "Honda knock-off" 49cc retro scooter and have no problems. Where I have been, the 49cc you do not have to have the MC license, registration, and insurance. It is treated as a mo-ped. A street legal cheap scooter. Oh yes, hubby rides it and weighs close to your pounds and gets speeds of about 30mph.

Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #17
Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
OK - might not fit on your front carrier... Not the most practical bikes in the world... but how about:

110cc bike

Or... a little bigger...

250cc chopper

The Bikes not bad but the PICTURES are REALLY GREAT......
Joe and Linda
2013 Casita SD
Dodge Ram 4x4
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:21 PM   #18
Name: Jack
Trailer: Eriba Triton now - ex U-Haul, Boler owner
Honda also makes a larger version of the Ruckus called the "Big Ruckus" - 250cc, automatic gearbox, street and freeway legal, small wheels and wide tires. They are really pretty cool but a bit heavier than you want. You might take a look at them though - also look at the Yamaha TW200 - its a wide tired beginners bike.

There are thousands of the older Hondas around - from the Trail 90's and 110's to the old SL100 and SL125 dirtbikes - shouldn't be too hard to find one that could be put in good shape easily.
Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #19
Name: Jack
Trailer: Eriba Triton now - ex U-Haul, Boler owner
Here's a CT90 in California for $750 with only 713 miles:
Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #20
Name: Rusty
Trailer: 84 Burro 13 ft
Charles, I have a Honda CT 70. It weighs about 150 lbs. The guy I bought it from weighed about 230 and rode it all over the place. On a tank of gas, a little more than 1/2 gallon, it will go about 100 miles. It is street legal, having a horn, headlight, brake and turn signals and mirrors. A motorcycle endorsement is required if it is ridden on the streets. Top speed is about 50 mph. It might be a good compromise. I use it to find fishing spots that are just a little bit too far away to walk. It also enables me to see just a little bit more of the country than I would otherwise see, as well as doing the milk and bread run. It is not noisy, just does that Honda "put put" sound.
Rusty Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #21
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft
I just bought a 1975 Honda CT 90 (Trail 90) today. It was on Craigs List in the Dallas Ft. Worth area. It has about 650 miles on it and looks almost new. It had been stored inside all its life. It does need new tires and it didn't run when I bought it. The seat will probably crack after it is used a bit and other rubber/plastic pieces I am sure will show their age. There are a lot of parts available for them.

Here is the best part. I had to do search for it and it was listed in a garage sale listing. It wasn't far from home so I went by to check it out. $100 with a title and 1979 tags on it. I pulled the carb after and cleaned it. Put some gas in it. I put the battery charger on it so some juice would be there to fire it. I wanted to check if it had a spark. Just for fun I cranked it and it started. Runs pretty rough, still needs a battery and a carb kit installed.

Thanks for the help and thoughts about getting a scooter. Maybe this will work out for me.

Texas Charles

Charles Richerson is offline   Reply With Quote