Split Topic from GPS-global positioning system - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #1

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II

Kevin (Sorry, but this is the only way I can send you a message!),
Could you do me a big favor? I'm in Oregon and would like to buy the MN Scamp you posted last Saturday in Referrals...but don't want to make the long/costly trip out without having someone check it out for me. Do you think you could contact ME [at]503-312-5665. I'm up at 5 AM...call anytime. Or email me and I can let MIke know you'll check it out for me.
Thank you so much. Any help would be so appreciated!!!
Barbara
gardencoach[at]live.com
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:26 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
bbuehler
Have you talked to the owner?
Ask for more pictures of things you would like to see.
The trailer looks very clean.
Price maybe a little high.
Is this the trailer your looking at? http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...456916057.html
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #3

Kevin,
Thanks for responding so quickly.
Yes, that's the trailer.
I did ask the seller, Mike, to send me more digitals and he said he would. I didn't hear anything for almost 4 days, thought it was sold, even though he said he'd hold it for me to drive out there. He said he had written down my wrong email address, so I left a return phone call last night with another spelled out clearly. I thought for sure I'd see the pics this morning on my computer, but they did not come.
I'd be willing to pay you to have you look it over for me. I just don't want a LONG bad trip, in this weather, only to find it's not what he thinks it is.
...or if you know someone else from fiberglassrv that lives in Minniapolis and might be able to drive to Minnitonka to check it out for me, I'd be so thankful.
I have no idea why he's having such a hard time sending me digial pictures...
Barbara
Old 11-11-2009, 08:06 AM   #4

Registry
Topic has attachments2001 13' Scamp Camper
$4500 (minnetonka)MN
0 Kevin K 28 6th November 2009 - 06:04 AM
Last post by: Kevin K

This is the only one I see for NOV 6th
A/C, Heat, 2 burner gas stove, propane AC/DC refrigerator, and a flushing toilet.
It has a table that folds into bed. Everything has been used very little so it's extremely clean.
$4,500.00
Call Mike
952-935-5162
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...456916057.html
Old 11-11-2009, 08:14 AM   #5

Yup, that's the trailer. I edited it after I made the mistake of not looking at the ad attached. You must've seen my minute or two earlier reply, saying it wasn't the trailer . Did you read the rest of my note...any people you know out there with trailers that might be willing to check it out for me?
Thank YOU.
BB
Old 11-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #6

Registry
You are about 1800 miles away.If you get 20 mpg it would cost you 450.00 just in gas for a round trip at 2.50 a gal. Add in 3 nights lodging and you are up to about 600.00. There has to be a trailer closer.
Try this site http://craiglook.com/all.html?q=scamp+trailer
Old 11-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #7

Kevin,
I can't find one in this 'seemingly' good condition that's a 13' deluxe (or semi-deluxe without shower and sink) realtiely new (not 20 years old). So I was thinking it's not high priced for what it is. Let me know if I'm totally off base. I sure don't want to go all the way out to your neckk of the woods for overpriced.
There's one close to me in Albany or but it's OLD and looks it and the pricing does NOT reflect the old look. TThis configuration w/semi-bathroom doesn't come up frequently in a 13'..that's all I can pull with my 4 cyl.
Thanks again, for any input. I know you know a lot about EGGS.
BB
Old 11-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #8

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Barbara,

I don't mind reading this on the main board at all, but I'm just curious why you can't send a PM to Kevin K? (There is probably a good reason, but OTOH, "send a message" does pop up when I click on his user name.)

I've driven long distance for a number of boats and for my eggs, too. I've never felt comfortable asking someone else to look for me (although it's a great idea - my lack of doing so reflects on me more than on any potential checker-outers).

I've definitely driven long distance for some losers, and there is a risk. On the other hand, I've gotten much better at smelling a rat (or, if not a rat, someone who just thinks their item is a lot better than I do).

If it IS as nice as it looks, then I wouldn't hesitate to drive long distance, even if it did cost me $500 and some time. But it's a personal decision.

One way to really "spend" a bunch of money and time is to buy a run down trailer just because it's nearby. So that's not always the answer. Sure, if a great trailer presents itself in your backyard, that's the best; but everyone isn't so lucky.

Good luck with the trailer; perseverance is often a good thing
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote