Spring in Florida - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2015, 02:58 PM   #1

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Spring in Florida

One of the magic aspects of FL is local, fresh fruits and vegetables. This afternoon we drove out to our favorite local farm to check on the strawberries. We can pick the first week n December until we leave in April. As well as strawberries they have the best broccoli I've ever had. I guess the simple reality is I never had fresh picked broccoli.

Of course we've gone for Orange ice cream about 7 times already. Just the best ever at a little store stuck back in an orange grove, made with excellent fresh orange juice. It's not like a sherbert but a non-dairy soft serve. It is so good and refreshing. Building up the vitamin C level.

We have this 92 year old local man who visits the packing houses and brings 'free' vegetables to us of all kinds, what ever's in season. Lately it's been watermelons and avocados.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #2

Name: joe
Trailer: burro 1982
Tennessee
Gosh! Where are you at? Is there room for an old man and a small dog? I am over at St. George Island for the winter. A pretty spectacular place too. But Heck! No orange ice cream. I do eat a lot of shrimp and oysters though. Have fun.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:29 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Norm
Where is the ice cream store?
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:21 PM   #4

Florida
Eddie,

It's Maxwell's Grove in Avon Park. When you order you have a choice of vanilla, orange or a twist. The locals always say get just orange. We get the smallest size in a cup.

maxgrovesweb1

Be sure to go in the back room and get a cup of free orange juice. Eat your ice cream on the front porch and watch the squirrel eat corn.

If you want a good old fashioned lunch go to the Depot for lunch, not far from Maxwell's. At the Depot the soups are good, a cup is enough, the lunches can be overwhelming. When you order, first order a piece of pie so you're sure to get a piece. We're locked into coconut cream. One piece is enough for two.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 11-24-2015, 05:26 PM   #5

Florida
Panhandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle of flight View Post
Gosh! Where are you at? Is there room for an old man and a small dog? I am over at St. George Island for the winter. A pretty spectacular place too. But Heck! No orange ice cream. I do eat a lot of shrimp and oysters though. Have fun.
We've stayed up in the panhandle a number of times. Some really nice state parks up there, Henderson Beach is a real charmer.

There's a fair amount of ruralness up there and we seek that kind of quiet. I posted the Orange Ice cream store. in the previous post should you get down here.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 11-24-2015, 07:24 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Norm
Thanks. We will check it out.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote